“Old but fine”

Long Beach Resort
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
“Old but fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

After reading the other reviews I'm wondering if we stayed at the same resort. Yes the resort is old and tired looking but are you buying it? No. Your renting for a week. We rented from Jake at Emeral Coast and got condo 607 in tower 4. We would definitely use him again. Everything was as he described. I was very nervous before we got there from reading reviews and was so surprised when we opened the door and it was just as described . Clean! The only problem we had was the toilet in the master bath doesn't flush properly but it does work. And it was a bit damp feeling but you are at the ocean. Nothing major!
The rooms are all huge for a condo and the view is spectacular! We went last week during spring break with 12 and 15 year olds and had a great time! There were a lot of families there. Not just a bunch of partying teenagers.
We have friends that stayed next door at the Shores of Panama which is a new beautiful resort and they had a filthy room and had to call maintenance on a few things. So I guess they all are a gamble and it just depends on who you rent thru? After we booked our vacation we met a couple who had stayed at Long Beach Resort the year before in a different tower and had a horrible experience. They had rented thru a private owner and not a company. So again, it all depends on who you rent thru. Just ask a lot of questions and don't feel bad asking them. I was very up front with Jake and said The resort has bad reviews and I want to make sure I don't get a run down dirty room.
We never had to deal with the actual resort because of renting thru a different company. But the little contact we did have with the resort staff was fine.
We would rent this condo again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property. As you stated, we also encourage people to use management companies, including the on-site manager. Spring Break is a great time to come with lots going on, but the other seasons are also a wonderful time to visit the area. We look forward to having you return again soon!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Thai first
Elwood, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in unit 1205, tower 1. It was an older condo that needs some attention and updating. The location of this resort is great, you can walk nearly anywhere to eat or other attractions. As far as luxury, not our condo, neither was the complex itself, the pool are OK, the main pool is freezing, the small kiddie pool is heated, but my teenagers didn't want to wade in 3-5 ft of water. The beach is very nice, not very croweded and the guy who manages the beach chairs is very nice and they are nicely spaced so you don't feel like you are on top of the other people next to you. I think there are some really nice units in this complex, 1205 is not one of them. There were several items that need maintenance and the whole unit needs some thorough cleaning, the floors were filthy (who ever the cleaning service is, needs talked to). I may look into other units, but probably would stay somewhere else like the Calypso or Sterling at the other end of the beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank inmomtraveler
Thank you for providing your feedback on Long Beach Resort. The unit you stayed at is not one in my rental program. Please be advised that the on-site management does have on-call housekeeping and maintenance. We are glad that you enjoyed the location and of course one of the largest beaches in Panama City Beach. We hope that you choose to book at Long Beach Resort again in the future.
Evanston, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My friends and I went to PCB for our spring break a week ago. We planned to spend 5 nights at Long Beach Resort, and ended up leaving after 2 nights. The conditions of the rooms we're atrocious. This is one of the worst resorts/hotels I have ever stayed at, we could not bare to stay there any longer. The second day, one of my friends woke up with bug bites all over his arm. The bed was clearly filled with bed bugs, which is completely unacceptable for any hotel. We left immediately after this incident. Not only was this incident unacceptable, but the management of Long Beach resort refused to even consider giving us a refund. We left 3 nights early due to bed bugs in the room, and spent countless hours on the phone with Long Beach Resort giving our case, showing pictures, and emailing their manager to no avail. DO NOT book a room here, you will regret it immediately. It may be cheap but do yourself a favor and go ANYWHERE else but Long Beach Resort, the absolute most grimy and disgusting resort in Panama City Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank David35972
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
To anyone reading this report, the unit was professionally inspected and no bed bugs were present. We are sorry for this guests’ perception and hope that they will realize the inaccuracy and understand that we have policies for early departures.

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Conway, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Allow me to set a backdrop to be fair to everyone. My wife and I went to Panama City Beach during the week of Spring Break. If you know anything about PCB, you should know that this is THE location for many high school and college Spring Breakers. The majority of the client base for this week for any hotel would be a younger than 25 crowd who might "overlook" certain parts of a typical vacation.

A couple days before we arrived, I had attempted to see if there was a florist in the area as I purchase flowers for my wife weekly. The call was never returned, but I thought "it's not really their job to help with flowers." This was really a non-issue, but there is a theme here that you will see.

Check-in is anytime after 4:00 p.m. They day of check-in I called and let them know that my wife and I would be arriving sometime around 6:30 p.m. The receptionist let me know that their offices close at 6:00 and that I would need to check in off-site. The check-in area for after hours check-in was just about a mile down the road, and the young man was very kind.

Everyone is charged a $45 non-refundable fee for any damages up to $1500, and you are encouraged to investigate the room(s) well for any damages upon arrival so that you can notify them as to the damage "you did not do." As I mentioned before, the building was dated, worn, and tired. The room was no different. Some things that I reported to the condo were: torn chairs, broken light switches, missing blinds, doors (interior and exterior) that did not shut because they were off their hinges, and the leaky toilet that ran continually.

Honestly much of that didn't bother me, minus the water from the commode, as my wife and I have been around the world and dated settings don't tend to bother us much. It may bother others more... My concern about the toilet's water hitting the carpet continued to grow as my wife and I looked to leave for dinner. I did not want a bathroom issue to become an entire condo issue when the water ruined the carpet. I tried to call using the phone in the room, but it did not work either.

After walking back to the main building and telling them of our issue with the toilet, the front desk person said that she would have maintenance look at the issue. Maintenance came around 7:00 p.m. (This is day two), and fixed the problem using most of our towels. While they fixed the problem, they left the bathroom a complete mess. Mud on the floor, in the bathtub, with a little standing water in the corners. They said that they would "try to get house cleaning to come clean this up." House cleaning never came, and I ended up cleaning up after their employees.

The next afternoon I called for more towels, as ours had been used and taken by the maintenance crew. How could I of forgotten!? It was 5:30 p.m. The receptionist encouraged me to "hurry down, because" she had "to leave in 30 minutes." That is why this location gets a "poor" rating from me.

The crew/staff have no ownership. They are only going to do the minimum required of them. As any PCB visitor will see, their parent company has many condos and properties throughout the city. This is one of them that I believe they have really let go of concerning management. I feel sorry for the owners of the condos in these buildings.

If you do consider staying here be aware: There are extra fees, there is no wi-fi, the pool and hottub are not anything special, you'll need to bring your own toilet paper along with other necessities, and that there is constant work being done to the outside of the building.

As a business person, I cannot stand giving bad revues, but these guys really need to step it up, or get out of the ballgame. Not everyone is PCB is a high school/college kid on Spring Break, and they might expect a little more for what they are paying.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Spencer H
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We appreciate you writing this review and receiving your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at our property. Currently Long Beach is in progress of a full scale renovation of the buildings. We have currently finished one building and will be moving on to the other 3 buildings based on seasonality. We do have 24 hour maintenance on-call and our rooms are required to meet a standard when renting through the on-site rental manger. I do hope that you will try us again so that you can have a great experience, like so many others, at Long Beach Resort.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I are here now. The floorsi had tos look like they need a good scrub. The refrigerator is rusted on the outside and the room is very outdated. Needs new paint and a good scrub. I can't enjoy my stay for having to clean. I wouldn't dare walk without shoes and I had to clean bathroom. Really,I'm on vacation. ...Thurs.leaving Sunday ..700+ .tower 3 ... 605

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank 2happytravelor
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We appreciate you providing this feedback. We are sorry to hear your various comments and we will address with the housekeeping staff and the Homeowner’s Association. We hope that you will try our property again when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This resort is horrible, they had major construction on the outside of our building. They were working with Impact drills, saws, and hammering right outside our window the whole stay. We didn't have access to the swimming pool, hot tube, beach, or parking lot. We had to walk all the way around to do anything. Everything in our room was falling apart, nothing worked correctly. I would not recommend staying here. It is defiantly not worth the money.

• Stayed March 2013
7 Thank Dstny0314
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We are sorry that you feel this way. We have been doing renovations to Tower 2 and will be continuing on to the other towers this off season. The building looks amazing and we hope that you understand and pardon our progress. If renting with the on-site managment, we have 24 hour mainentance and our rooms must be kept to a certain standard. We hope that you will try our property again to see our great improvements.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I used my Visa points to book this resort which uses Expedia. I did read the blue caption that said things you should know about this resort. I though paying with my point was all the charges I would incure. When I got to the resort they informed me that since I booked through a wholesaler additional fees of $140.00 would be charged. It was costing me 109.00 a night and more in extra fees that a nights stay for cleaning and security which would not be refunded. Buyer be ware. The condo was nicely layed out and great for working. The bed was very hard for my tastes. View fantastic. Rode my bike to historic Panama City and ate lunch at Big Mama's house. Great fried chicken. Had coffee in town at St Andrews coffee house and it was top notch beans.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We appreciate you providing this feedback. You are correct that there are fees that are incurred with booking through on-line sites, just like there are with booking through any channels. These fees are clearly listed on the site and your confirmation as we openly disclose this information. Please call the property with any further questions. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the accommodations and we look forward to your next visit!