“Overpriced for what you get”
Review of Long Beach Resort

Long Beach Resort
Reviewed September 6, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

There are newer reviews for Long Beach Resort

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was our 4th visit to the Long Beach Resort. We originally rented here because of the balcony that is open to both the living area and the master bedroom. We return because of the gated parking and security gate and great location. Although the resort is getting on in years, it is kept up pretty well. That is one of the downsides . . . there is always some type of construction gong on: last year a new roof, this year an entire tower was closed down and fenced off. The noise was minimal and did not affect our trip. The other downside is that if you rent directly from Long Beach (as opposed to going through a rental agenc or VRBO), you are given absolutely NO choice of tower or floor, etc. I refuse to rent from Long Beach directly because of this policy.

The tropical pool is great and there is a hot tub. Another pool is set between the 3rd and 4th towers. Plenty of chairs set around the pools and also at the edge of the patio giving you an ocean view without the sand.

Room Tip: Rent from an agency or VRBO to avoid policy from Long Beach of NO CHOICE of floor or tower.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed Long Beach Resort. I do encourage those that want to comfort and security of a on-site management to rent directly through the resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We rented a two bed room unit in tower 2. Pros: The unit is very spacious and kitchen is fully stocked. Oceanfront views and balcony are nice and were the high lights. Cons: no wifi in rooms, poor cell phone reception, building exterior is dated, elevator floor tiles broken, furniture is worn and dirty, and air conditioning has a bad odor, and a security fee of 45$ and a resort fee of 28$ due upon check in. The views and central location were the only things that the property has to offer, for such a hefty price. Bring your own beach chair, rentals are 30 per pair per day with an umbrella.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

We appreciate you providing your feedback. I will address your comments with the appropriate department heads. The units at Long Beach have an amazing layout with the rooms and balconies beach front. We hope that you will return and try so many of our very nice units at Long Beach Resort.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I LOVE Long Beach Resort. It's the best place I have ever stayed. Last year we stayed in Destin at another resort and I was so disappointed. LBR has a lagoon pool with two waterfalls, as well as two other pools and hot tubs. It's peaceful, clean and safe. It's close to everything, even Walmart. We have a full kitchen and laundry facilities. Check with Joni's Beach Rentals - they have been great!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Tatum_LA

Thanks for your great feedback! We love to hear how much the guests enjoy our resort. Long Beach is a great option for a couples getaway or for a full family vacation. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Four of us took a girls trip to Panama City Beach, FL last week. We stayed here and really enjoyed it. Our condo (1107-4) had all of the amenities we needed, the beds were really comfortable and our balcony view was awesome. The decor was outdated, but we didn't care. We rented through Southern Vacation Rentals, and check in and out were seamless. The main pool is great with 2 islands and lots of deck chairs. All in all it was a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Jane T
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your visit to Long Beach Resort. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again for another girls trip!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Long Beach Resort in Panama City Beach. We rented our two bedroom/two bath unit from Kim's Condos (Tower 3-1103). I got a bit nervous reading some of these reviews prior to my departure but I was completely satisfied with our unit, the property itself, and the service I received from Kim Clinkscales (I think I spelled that correctly). Prior to our visit, Kim answered all of my emails and phone calls promptly. We received the entry code to our unit prior to the 4:00 p.m. check-in so our rental was ready early. The unit itself was fine. I've stayed in nicer places (The Beach Club in the Gulf Shores area is VERY nice but has a price tag to match) but this unit was comfortable, the furniture was nice (a little worn, but I would not be putting brand new furniture in a unit if I owned it either), the king size bed in the master was VERY comfortable, and I liked that the two bathrooms both had double sinks and large, garden tubs. The shower in the master was a PLEASANT surprise as the water pressure was FABULOUS (something you don't find even in NICE hotels anymore). The kitchen was VERY nicely appointed and came with plenty of pots and pans, bowls, serving dishes, and even had a waffle maker and a counter top electric grill. We had one minor issue with the carpet tacking in the guest bedroom (a small nail was exposed) and Kim immediately offered to send someone out to fix it. We just threw a throw rug over it and told her she could repair the carpet after we checked out...but she DID offer to fix it right away). The pool was GREAT. Clean, big, and there were plenty of chaise lounges for guests. There is an onsite bar and grill, as well. A coke was $2.50 (and this was a CUP of Coke...just so you know), a daquirie was $7.99 (which was a weird price), and the nachos were $8.00 (but you did get a PILE of nachos with tomatos, beans, sour cream, black olives, and jalapenos if you want them). One thing that impressed me was the onsite security. They came and walked around the pool every 45 minutes or so and were a constant presence on the property. One bit of advice that has nothing to do with the resort itself... Walmart is right across the street. DO NOT GO THERE ON A SATURDAY. We went there around 7:00 p.m. Saturday evening and it literally looked as though an asteroid was plummeting towards earth and everyone in PCB was there trying to stock their bunker for a month-long stay. 21 lanes....8-9 people deep. I've never seen ANYTHING like it in my life. The check-out clerk told me that it was ALWAYS like that on a Saturday. I was in line for about 45 minutes to check out. I was sweating like a pig and in need of valium by the time I left. If someone had told me this ahead of time, I would have waited and gone early the next morning.

All in all, it was a great vacation, and I was VERY happy with the unit, the property, and the service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ginger M
Irentpcb, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you so much for the great review!! Our goal is to provide you with the most enjoyable, stress free vacation as possible and we certainly hope if your travels bring you back to Panama City Beach you will contact us again. And PCB is getting a second Walmart down near Pier Park which hopes to be open by Christmas so maybe next time it won't be quite as congested!!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was our first trip to PCB. We booked this trip through book-it.com. The condo was a compete disaster. It was completely filthy and outdated. Thank GOD we brought sheets from home and disinfectant with us because we chose to sleep on our sheets as opposed to their bedding and clean the room. Upon check-in, we were told that we were going to be upgraded from the studio condo to a one bedroom. I cant imagine if the one bedroom was in the condition it was in when we arrived what the studio had in store for us. There is a $45 non-refundable fee.....WHY? The room's tissue holder was broken upon entry and our lighting was so dismal in the bathroom we had to call the front desk to ask them to change the light bulbs and the refrigerator and front door had more mold on it than you could imagine. The maintenance guy that visited our room was very friendly and as helpful as he could be but overall the condo was awful. The furniture in the living room appeared to be something they found outside and decided to place in our room. We didnt sit on anything...except the bed which had our sheets on it. If you choose to stay there the view is phenomenal....but that is not enough for the price you pay. Oh, and there is no wifi. This was our first trip to PCB and we will never stay at this condo again.....EVER!!! Save your money...go some place else. Oh, lastly the person that booked our trip told us about some breakfast that we got when we booked....LOL. The young lady that checked us in took one look at us when we inquired about the breakfast and said....Uh, what? Yep, thanks Long Beach for turning us on to another hotel...we will try our luck net time at Aqua.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sgod35
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. We are very proud of our property and our units, but it sounds as if we have failed in your case and for that I apologize. I do hope that you will try us again to experience quality accommodations and service.