“Kim's Condos - Long Beach Resort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Long Beach Resort

Long Beach Resort
Huntsville, Alabama
“Kim's Condos - Long Beach Resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Long Beach Resort in Panama City Beach. We rented our two bedroom/two bath unit from Kim's Condos (Tower 3-1103). I got a bit nervous reading some of these reviews prior to my departure but I was completely satisfied with our unit, the property itself, and the service I received from Kim Clinkscales (I think I spelled that correctly). Prior to our visit, Kim answered all of my emails and phone calls promptly. We received the entry code to our unit prior to the 4:00 p.m. check-in so our rental was ready early. The unit itself was fine. I've stayed in nicer places (The Beach Club in the Gulf Shores area is VERY nice but has a price tag to match) but this unit was comfortable, the furniture was nice (a little worn, but I would not be putting brand new furniture in a unit if I owned it either), the king size bed in the master was VERY comfortable, and I liked that the two bathrooms both had double sinks and large, garden tubs. The shower in the master was a PLEASANT surprise as the water pressure was FABULOUS (something you don't find even in NICE hotels anymore). The kitchen was VERY nicely appointed and came with plenty of pots and pans, bowls, serving dishes, and even had a waffle maker and a counter top electric grill. We had one minor issue with the carpet tacking in the guest bedroom (a small nail was exposed) and Kim immediately offered to send someone out to fix it. We just threw a throw rug over it and told her she could repair the carpet after we checked out...but she DID offer to fix it right away). The pool was GREAT. Clean, big, and there were plenty of chaise lounges for guests. There is an onsite bar and grill, as well. A coke was $2.50 (and this was a CUP of Coke...just so you know), a daquirie was $7.99 (which was a weird price), and the nachos were $8.00 (but you did get a PILE of nachos with tomatos, beans, sour cream, black olives, and jalapenos if you want them). One thing that impressed me was the onsite security. They came and walked around the pool every 45 minutes or so and were a constant presence on the property. One bit of advice that has nothing to do with the resort itself... Walmart is right across the street. DO NOT GO THERE ON A SATURDAY. We went there around 7:00 p.m. Saturday evening and it literally looked as though an asteroid was plummeting towards earth and everyone in PCB was there trying to stock their bunker for a month-long stay. 21 lanes....8-9 people deep. I've never seen ANYTHING like it in my life. The check-out clerk told me that it was ALWAYS like that on a Saturday. I was in line for about 45 minutes to check out. I was sweating like a pig and in need of valium by the time I left. If someone had told me this ahead of time, I would have waited and gone early the next morning.

All in all, it was a great vacation, and I was VERY happy with the unit, the property, and the service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Ginger M
Irentpcb, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review!! Our goal is to provide you with the most enjoyable, stress free vacation as possible and we certainly hope if your travels bring you back to Panama City Beach you will contact us again. And PCB is getting a second Walmart down near Pier Park which hopes to be open by Christmas so maybe next time it won't be quite as congested!!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Thai first
Snellville, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was our first trip to PCB. We booked this trip through book-it.com. The condo was a compete disaster. It was completely filthy and outdated. Thank GOD we brought sheets from home and disinfectant with us because we chose to sleep on our sheets as opposed to their bedding and clean the room. Upon check-in, we were told that we were going to be upgraded from the studio condo to a one bedroom. I cant imagine if the one bedroom was in the condition it was in when we arrived what the studio had in store for us. There is a $45 non-refundable fee.....WHY? The room's tissue holder was broken upon entry and our lighting was so dismal in the bathroom we had to call the front desk to ask them to change the light bulbs and the refrigerator and front door had more mold on it than you could imagine. The maintenance guy that visited our room was very friendly and as helpful as he could be but overall the condo was awful. The furniture in the living room appeared to be something they found outside and decided to place in our room. We didnt sit on anything...except the bed which had our sheets on it. If you choose to stay there the view is phenomenal....but that is not enough for the price you pay. Oh, and there is no wifi. This was our first trip to PCB and we will never stay at this condo again.....EVER!!! Save your money...go some place else. Oh, lastly the person that booked our trip told us about some breakfast that we got when we booked....LOL. The young lady that checked us in took one look at us when we inquired about the breakfast and said....Uh, what? Yep, thanks Long Beach for turning us on to another hotel...we will try our luck net time at Aqua.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sgod35
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. We are very proud of our property and our units, but it sounds as if we have failed in your case and for that I apologize. I do hope that you will try us again to experience quality accommodations and service.

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Gross! Rusty, ceilings peeling, no remotes and an overall old and dirty feel. Very small pool area. This condo resembles nothing like the pictures or description on the website. Stay away!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mjpoole
, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit as so many others have at Long Beach Resort. We do hope that you will try our property again to experience a great vacation.
White House, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

This trip was a graduation present for our grand-daughters. We arrived at the condo and was very disappointed. Everything old and outdated, carpet filthy and always wet around the bar area..Kim said this was from an air-condition leak from above. Yuk..You could not sit on the stools at counter (all very damp and dirty). Our grand-daughters were going to sleep on the queen-size sofa advertised, but when we let the bed out, the mattress was stained and nasty..you could actually feel the springs sticking up through the mattress. We did not want to sit on this sofa, much less let our children sleep on it. We had to go out and buy and airbed. Roach bugs, ants and silver-fish in this unit. They had to come and spray for bugs. We had to throw away food we had bought..ants were everywhere. Could not put away our clothes in dresser drawers or bathroom...Hair all inside..Nasty..Constant whisteling noise coming from the vents and you can see daylight from the front door. No blanket's- had to buy one at Wal-Mart, also bought extra towels and wash cloths(condo came with 5 towels/wash cloths for each bathroom for 7 day stay). Only 1 dish towel and 1 wash cloth in the kitchen..we rented this from 6-23 - 6-30. We notified Kim's Condo's and talked with Kim Clinkscales several times, but she could not do anything for us other than refund $200.00 for our trouble. Our vacation was ruined, and we spent $1800.00 for this unit. We are a retired couple and saved up for this trip for a year, only to have to deal with all these problems. PAID $1800.00 (reservation #3928)for this disgusting unit.
The only good thing about this condo was the full ocean views from each room, the patio and the pool...DO NOT RENT THIS UNIT!! Stay away. Would not recommend this property to anyone, however the location is good for any activities, restaurants etc., and it is convient to the beach and pool.

Room Tip: Always check reviews before renting
2 Thank BRENDA S
, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
We're sorry you didn't have a great experience, unfortunately we have no control over other units that leak into ours nor can we do anything about the pest control, that has to be handled through the on site homeowners association which was who came and sprayed once we notified them you had an issue. The normal amount of towels/washcloths left in each bathroom's unit is 5 per bath which gives you a total of 10 towels/washcloths for a 2 bedroom condo, there is a washer/dryer provided in every unit if you need to wash. A new sofa bed was ordered once you made us aware there was an issue with it, unfortunately it didn't come in before you left. Long Beach is a wonderful property enjoyed by thousands each year, hopefully you'll have a better experience if you choose to visit again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have just returned from our week at Long Beach and enjoyed it.

We rented our unit directly from the owner on VRBO. The unit was totally redone in March 2012 and very well appointed and extremely clean. The furnishings were top notch, the kitchen well equipped and again it was CLEAN! Walking back from the beach in the evenings you could see into some of the lower units and I can understand the frustration some have written about. The units are individually owned and some appear to be kept up better than others.

This was our first trip to Panama City Beach so we really had no idea what we were in for. We have always vacationed in southwest FL on Sanibel or Captiva islands. We were very surprised by how close many of the beach-side, high rises were to the main road and were very glad to see the Long Beach buildings set back from the road when we arrived. I have to say it is a huge contrast to walk out on to the balcony and enjoy the surf sounds and then walk out the front door and be confronted with traffic noise. We were very thankful that we did not book a unit at a resort that has very little distance from the road.

Tropical Storm Debby paid us a visit for the first Saturday eve-Tues am. The resort does not offer any activities or have a game room. I think some sort of activities during the busy season would add extra value to this resort. We were able to sit on our balcony and watch the waves most of the time too. The buildings did not seem to fair well as we noticed water coming from cracks in the walls in the lobby of our building.

By Tuesday the skies cleared and everyone was out on the beach enjoying the sun again. Our unit did not come with a chair rental. We rented online through the company and got a 15% discount. The company that handles the chair rentals was great, they had everything set up and ready by 10am on Tuesday - no easy feat since the chairs had been moved off the beach due to the high surf. We also rented Jet Ski's from them and the kids had a blast.

One thing I was not prepared for was the number of plane's and helicopters flying over the beach all day. There was a consistent amount of traffic with advertisements and helicopter tours.

We spent one afternoon pool-side. The main pool is beautiful and there always seemed to be chairs available. We were very disappointed in the pool bar/grille. Again, a few upgrades and I think it would add tremendous value. The pool bar only serves sandwiches, soda, smoothies, beer and wine. It would have been nice to stay on site to order a burger for lunch.

Security is definitely present at this resort. We found them to be very polite. While we had our pool/beach bands with us we were never asked to present them. I'm sure this is monitored closely during holidays.

Overall, our week was relaxing and the unit we stayed in was great. Not sure I would stay here again and that has nothing to do with the quality of the unit we stayed in. It has more to do with location and how busy it was in the area at all times of the day. It just wasn't something we were prepared for as we were used to the quiet of Sanibel and Captiva.

My only complaints about the unit were the washer/dryer had seen better days and the king mattress in the master bedroom needs a huge upgrade as it sagged and was also lumpy.

My complaints about the building/resort are: Building 3 elevator floors are tiled and both have huge chunks carved out tiles as you step in. Most of the time these were covered up with rugs, but there were times when they were exposed and feet could have easily been sliced open. The stench coming from the trash shutes was overwhelming most days. It was not pleasant at all to have to walk by. The common walk-ways could use a good power washing as most were black.

This is a very nice condo complex and I would not let the negative reviews discourage you from renting a unit here for your vacation. I am glad we went through VRBO and not through the resort office. We knew exactly what we were getting before we arrived.

Room Tip: Rent direct from the owners and ask for recent photos!
1 Thank beachgirlinmo
, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
We appreciate you providing your feedback on Long Beach Resort. I am sorry to hear that you were visiting during the Tropical Storm and I do hope that you and your family will try our property again during a different time of year to enjoy all that Long Beach and Panama City Beach has to offer.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Loved the place. Too bad they have such a poor room cleaning crew. We rented the three bedroom condo on the 10th floor.Beautiful view and a beautiful condo. The owners don't see them often enough to know how poorly maintained and cleaned they are. What a shame.
Cathy

1 Thank Cathy6912
, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your beautiful view and condo. When booking with the on-site management we have 24 hour service if there was anything that you needed.
Orland Park, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

the rooms were not clean,we are a family of 5 and had to take turns to eat ,,there were only 2 chairs and a very small dinning table in the room ,rude people to deal with ,,,never again

4 Thank lola k
, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your experience and I will be sure to address with the appropriate departments. When booking directly with the on-site company we have 24 hour services to address any issues. We do hope that you will try our property again to enjoy all that Long Beach has to offer.