“Stay somewhere else”
Review of Long Beach Resort

Long Beach Resort
Reviewed March 31, 2012

First and last time we will stay here. Rented a 3 bed condo Tower 3 Condo 606. Very outdated, wallpaper peeling from the walls,paint peeling from walls, cabinets grimy, carpet filthy and old made sure I had sock or shoes on my feet at all times. Bathrooms tubs stained from years of???
Has a small fridge in one bedroom with ice about 6 inches thick. Just years of poor maintenance which leads to nasty. Have to wear a wrist band directly on your arm at all times, cost to replace is 10.00 each. Hard to enjoy a vacation. Don't do it, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Leigh T
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

I do apologize for what you experienced at your last visit to Long Beach Resort. I will ensure that your comments are relayed to the appropriate departments. We hope that you will try our property again so that we can regain your confidence.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I have stayed here before but only renting from an owner. Beware hidden charges for booking fees and damage fees. Also, expect to be treated like a child from the office staff regarding placing armbands directly on your arm and car tags; you will be lectured severely on losing the armbands. Also, if you check in after 5pm (check in is at 4pm), you will have to go to another condo to have your armband placed. In spite of all this, there will be loud drunken people by the pool who will be throwing up in the elevators in clear view of security. But that's okay because they have an armband! Room is outdated with mismatched furniture thrown in, bedside table lamps only on one side, 40 watt bulbs in all rooms, rust on the door, loud washer/dryer, no internet access. Also, don't expect amenities that you get with other condos...no paper towels, dish soap, starter laundry soap. Bring everything you need. This was too much money for the value.

Room Tip: Rent directly from an owner.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Geewhiz1349
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that you did not fully enjoy your visit to Long Beach Resort. I do hope that you reconsider our property for your next visit, perhaps during a different time of year as our resort is a wonderful beach destination.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed at Long Beach Resort the second week of October 2011 and I booked through a private owner (Bob Brewster) who was wonderful to work with by the way!! I got a really great deal on the condo and the view was absolutely beautiful! It was a little too chilly out for swimming in the main pool, but I laid out by it and was the only one there because everyone else was hanging out in the smaller heated pool. So, if you want some privacy and are there in the off-season, lay out by the big, lagoon pool! This resort is located in a very convenient location..........close to Wal-Mart, Pineapple Willy's and there is a great sushi restaurant right across the street. I was overall VERY satisfied with my stay.
Downsides: there is alot of road construction going on right in front of the resort and I wish they had a fitness center! There was absolutely nothing to do at the resort if you got bored in your room. No coffee shops, restaurants or anything. And if there are, either I didn't see them or they aren't open off-season.

Other than that.....i think Long Beach Resort is a great choice. Not sure about the housekeeping issues of others, this is a condo and not a hotel. I think the guests are responsible for washing their own towels and buying their own toilet paper.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Bohatchlady
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Although there are private rentals and rental companies, the on-site rental company does provide all the necessities for the room. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you stay again at Long Beach Resort!

Reviewed January 10, 2012

My family and I booked at Long Beach Resort, we were in tower 3-101 thru Kim's Condos, first let me say this was our first time away from our home during the holidays, but I could not be more happy with this unit. It was beautifully decorated, very upscale, the beds were wonderful and the kitchen was stocked with every thing we needed to cook with. There were 6 of us and we had plenty of room, the unit is huge! We had a keyless lock on our front door which was great, nobody had to keep up with keys at the beach and the weather was absolutely fantastic!! We've already made reservations for this same unit for July, I can't wait!! Kim's Condos mailed our parking passes to us and provided the door code when I called, so there was no office we had to go to for check in, just went right up to the unit - it can't be any easier or more convenient than that!! Thanks Kim's Condos for our great Christmas vacation!!!

Room Tip: Ask for unit 3-101, awesome unit right over the big lagoon pool!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Comer29

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to seeing you again at Long Beach Resort.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed here for the fall Thunder Beach rally...it our first time staying here. It was very nice for the price that I paid. We rented the 1 bedroom deluxe on the 7th floor in tower 3. Everything we needed was right there. It was very nice to have a balcony that covered the master bedroom and living room. Our King bed was very comfortable. The one and only complaint I had was that there are vertical blinds in the bedroom, these swing and move with the air and fan on. Also, the veritcal blinds let a lot of sunshine into the room in the morning and I am the type of person who likes to sleep late on vacation and I wasn't able to do that because the sun comes up so early and blinds do not keep the sunlight out. Curtains would be a much better option for the bedroom. Otherwise this place would be GREAT. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again for the next Thunder Beach or hopefully sooner!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I have been staying in this resort for the past 11 years. We love the layout of the 1 bedroom condos. We were able to check in early so that was a HUGE PLUS!!! Condo was very nice and clean in tower 3. I like waking up and seeing the ocean from my bedroom and also having the view from the kitchen/den combo. Love the convenient location, the convenient parking, the fast elevators and always being able to find a luggage cart. Huge pluses when you compare it to the SOP next door. The East End Dining Package was awesome. That was a GREAT deal which was the only reason I booked directly through Long Beach. The biggest draw back now are the changes that have taken place at the Hangout. To charge over $5 for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is laughable. The people working there were very nice and hardworking but we just walked to Pineapple Willie's this trip instead of allowing ourselves to be ripped off. HEY HANGOUT OWNERS, STOP BEING SO CHEAP AND PUT THE FAT TUESDAY DRINKS IN THE BIG PLASTIC FAT TUESDAY CUPS!!!!! The security guards have always been a BIG problem in the past. This year we didn't have any problem until the last day (8/09/11) at the pool. We were told we had to vacate the pool because it was not open. When we pointed out that it was after 8:00 am, the guard then told us that the weather was too dangerous. Um, yes it was cloudy out but since when does that constitute dangerous? We didn't get to swim our last day thanks to that jerk. Bottom line is that I would definitely stay here again if I could book the East End Dining deal again. I don't think you can beat the condos (as long as you get a nice one, we have seen some yucky ones over the years), the pool and the location. If I couldn't get the dining deal, I might be inclined to try some where new.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for providing your feedback. I will be sure to pass along your views of The Hangout and Security to the appropriate department heads. The East End Dining Package is a great deal and we are glad you enjoyed it. Remember to book directly with the on-site management to ensure great specials like this one.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

we stayed at the long beach resort the week of Sept 17-24, 2011. this is probably the most relaxed time of the year you could possibly visit the beach. the long beach resort does kind of scare you when you pull in and think you have made an error because of the outside of the towers. they are not the prettiest color as some of the others are painted up really nice. we stayed in tower 1 on the 8th floor and it was wonderful. it had everything you could possibly want from home right there in the condo. the rooms were clean and you had a washer/dryer combo that was so convenient so that you didnt have to bring any dirty clothes back home. the only thing that would be a complaint is that the pools were extremely cold.(take your breath away cold). i know they are heated i think starting in october but they need to reconsider this because in september the nights can get cool and the way the pools are situated the sun does not hit them until after the noon hour. the security was always smiling and after we checked in and were going to drive to the towers the lady at the security gate gave us some pointers of where the good seafood resturants were. we would stay there again just hopefully the pool is warmer and the road construction is closer to being finished. GREAT PLACE...!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your information regarding the pool. I will pass your thoughts along to the Homeowner’s Association. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon!