“Good location”
Review of The Commodore

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
The Commodore
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have stayed several times at the Commodore. Rent through the office and look at the unit first as some units are in dire need of updating as others have commented here. Other condos are in good shape. The location is great. Maintenance staff are very nice to deal with and the grounds are well kept. A warning to anyone renting this spring .. the balconies are being worked on and there is noise/debris from the jack hammers. The pool and hot tub have been closed for the duration. The project is expected to continue into Feb/March 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Susie152
Debbie H, General Manager at The Commodore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review.

There are newer reviews for The Commodore

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have stayed at the commodore before in different units and it is what it is, older, outdated but great location but just want to let people know if they rent unit 902, you need to bring everything with you - pretend you are camping- not even a salt shaker here- the most ill equipped condo I have ever stayed in. WORN out furnishings, nasty coffee pot, dirty, thin towels, extra pillows but no extra sheets or pillowcases for them, one roll tp per bathroom, no extra, 2 rusty beach chairs but nothing else for beach, no blender, no pitcher to make tea or anything, no bowls with lids, old cruddy pots and pans. I may be spoiled from condos in Caribbean that try to make your stay pleasant so you will come back but might be the victim of a condo slum lord, who knows? People save all year to go on vacation and I happen to think they deserve the best the owner can give them for their hard earned money. We got a great rate because it's off season but then I think of the families with small children that pay full rate in the summer and get less than they deserve. Guess in our case, we got exactly what we paid for and will rent directly from the condo office if we come back here so at least we have recourse because if you rent from an owner here you have no help at all from the office.Again I will say that the location of the commodore is second to none and the beach is fabulous.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Delta4201
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had an excellent experience in unit 304 of The Commodore. Staff was friendly, especially gate guard, Tom. Room was well appointed and clean. Convenient to so many restaurants and shopping.Nice pool and well landscaped. Will definitely be one of our favorites.

Room Tip: Rooms above 3rd floor have a better view of the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wildtaz
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have stayed in several units at The Commodore. They are older units but most of them are updated and well maintained by the owners. Unit 302 is an exception....it is awful for the price you have to pay. Nothing has been updated in this unit in years. The main bathroom door is so bad that you can't even close it..it is a sliding door and isn't even in track. The refrigerator has rust looking stains all over the front like something you would have in the garage. The televisions are from the 90's. there are no bar stools at the counter. You can nearly get the sliding glass doors open in either room. There is a very cheap plastic clock on the with a dead battery.
This unit is rented by the Commodore office. I'm very disappointed that they allow owners to continue to rent these run down units. There is no reduction in price...they are all the same no matter what the condition....I would look at the unit before signing on the dotted line.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pat W
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and rented through Joni's Beach Rentals. I was impressed with the size of fhe condo and the huge balcony! The beds were soft and clean. The comforters were so soft. The kitchen was big with everything we needed. The pool is nice and the grounds are immaculate. Guards are friendly. There is only 1 pool and it has an 8 ft deep end which is unnecessary bc itlessens the standing room. Next door at this pub, has the BEST pizza and wings! Across the street a little walk is Alvins Island. Publix is close and so are seafood markets. Great location!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank gahomegirl
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice location to restaurants and about 15 minutes from Pier Park shopping. Great and friendly staff and security. Unit was very spacious, decor a little Florida cheesy but overall it was a nice place to stay. With a little updates and finishing touches to cleaning and carpet it would be the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Fittravelchick
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Travelled with 6 families. The Commodore was not my first choice for accommodations because many of the condos looked outdated to me, but went along with the other families. I had a very bad experience with the front office when booking. I was treated very rudely when I asked questions and was shocked at the level of customer service. When I had to phone a second time again no friendly service. When we arrived, check in went smoothly and I made a point of staying quiet because I did not want to make a fuss. During check-in I listened as the phone was answered and again I witnessed very rude service. When I inquired for assistance in printing a coupon from the internet I was told that they may not be able to help me and would have to wait and see! The condo itself was spacious and the owners had made an effort to update but not completely. I found the unit to be surface cleaned but I had to purchase cleaning supplies and spent a few hours cleaning until I was happier with the cleanliness. The carpets in the bedrooms were old shag rugs and I would not walk on them in bare feet. The pool area has been updated and very nice with a heated pool and a hot tub. Not enough lounge chairs to accommodate visitors. I was told that the older winter guests try to control the other guests and was even warned by the owner of the unit. I found it not to be too bad but they do keep an eye on the other guests.
The pros are; good location, outside areas kept in good condition, smaller building, good security (friendly security guards) beautiful beach, quiet area of the strip next to St Andrews Park
The cons; very rude front office, many units outdated, unit not cleaned (same complaint from a few families)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Seychelles Beach Resort
Seychelles Beach Resort
#2 of 12 in Panama City
Treasure Island Resort Condominiums
Treasure Island Resort Condomini...
#3 of 83 in Panama City Beach
The Watercrest
The Watercrest
#58 of 83 in Panama City Beach
Hidden Dunes Condominiums
Hidden Dunes Condominiums
#23 of 83 in Panama City Beach

Been to The Commodore? Share your experiences!