“Best grouper ever”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We enjoyed our first meal at CJ's so much that we went back. Just as good as the first time! The grouper was fresh and fabulous. We hope to make CJ's a Panama City tradition.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

CJ's was reviewed elsewhere as being good Italian food with a nice buffet and very hard to find. It was very hard to find. It's inside Bay Pointe Resort off Thomas Drive. Don't trust GPS or Google maps. We were led very astray. I expected a quaint little place that the locals frequented. That's what I longed for. My family wanted pasta. So, we envisioned a great buffet featuring pasta and more. None of the above. Since it's in a resort we felt way under-dressed. The buffet had nothing Italian on it. The mixed veggies were not good. The fried chicken was so-so, and the prime rib beef tips were just bad. My wife, though, enjoyed her linguini with marinara off the menu. My son got into his shrimp scampi. And, the bread was actually really good. The chef came by and was really friendly and invited us back. I didn't want to leave the impression that we would, but I don't think we will return.

2  Thank BNA2NYC
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place by accident and we were pleasantly surprised! We went for the buffet (only $14.99) which had many lunch options as well as some breakfast items you could order. The food was delicious and showed obvious signs of great thought and preparation! The atmosphere was lovely and there was a rose on every table. What truly made the experience special was the owner/chef personally came to each table to talk to his guests and ask about their experience! He was so humble and appreciative towards his guests. We would recommend this restaurant over many other "popular" choices and would definitely come back!

2  Thank Katie S
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Friends of ours had appetizers at CJs--- then suggested to my husband & I to have dinner with them. Since the appetizers were great, lets try dinner.
An italian cuisine with very unusual choices. All our dinners were excellent, excellent, excellent & excellent! & very reasonably priced. Breads with dipping sauce( complimentary). umm umm so homemade. Sausage penne, flavored with
black olives, red peppers & so tasty spicy sausage, dish too large to finish. Spinach , portabella, grilled chicken lasagna, most unusual combination was to die for. Cant wait to go back & have the very same dish. Asparagus appetizer excellent. A gluten free speciial seafood dish also licked clean. Chef personally came to our table. caring if all was to our satisfaction. All these dinners
were topped with a JANE MARTINI (vodka, shot of coffee& hazelnut ). perfect with an authentic italian dinner. All I can say --- you need to try this restsurant SOON!!!!!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Looking for an inexpensive restaurant that provides excellent service, outstanding food and a view that is just gorgeous? You will find all this at CJ's. We ere beyond satisfied with our dining experience. This is now one of our favorite restaurants on the beach!

1  Thank Yodagirl05