“Delicious Italian Food and More!”
Review of CJ's - CLOSED

CJ's
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Delicious Italian Food and More!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Great food and atmosphere! Italian food, seafood, at an inexpensive price. Plus, for us that live in Bay Point, just a golf cart away!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Oldschreib

Palm Coast, Florida
“Great Selection of Food”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were staying next door at Marriott's Legends Edge and CJ's was recommended to us by our concierge. We had the lobster ravioli and it was very good. Our server was most attentive. Our friends walked back to the Marriott and my hubby and I stayed at the bar for an after dinner drink. Overall a very good experience for us and we wish this family-owned business much success. We did meet and talk to John, the owner and chef.

• Visited May 2014
Hickory, North Carolina
“Great Spot Thats Hard To Find”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Let me start out by saying that this place was very hard for us to find, but very worthwhile once we got there. You have to actually enter the gates to the Bay Point Marina, and check in with the security guard that will issue you a pass to get into the facility. Then it takes some searching, and we eventually had to ask a resident who lives there where to go and he was nice enough to drive over to it and let us follow. Then when you get there don't be thrown off as we were because the canopy over the door says "30 Degree Blue" (which also shows up on Google Maps this way) We were told that the resturant had just recently opened and hadn't changed all of the signs yet.

Ok so enough about how to find the place, but I will say once you get there WOW what a view you have for dinner! We were right on the bay looking out over the water and watching a beautiful sunset as we ate our dinner. The staff were absolutely wonderful, and we were checked on not only by our waiter but by other staff as well to make sure we had everything we needed. The food was nothing short of delicious, and I even ordered a dish that was not listed on the menu. You can easily tell that the food was homemade and there was nothing store-bought about it. The marinara sauce was delicious! The price was very reasonable as well, my wife and I both ate, and had drinks for $40. This was an absolutely wonderful find and we will most definately be back!

1 Thank nctraveler89
“First Class Restaurant”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I am new to the area and was asking around for recommendations for a first class restaurant to dine. Numerous responses resulted in the same restaurant. CJ's at Bay Point Marina. I visited it that very evening. Upon my arrival I noticed the tasteful décor and pleasing atmosphere. It has a very classy bar area and plenty of room for dining. This is also a family friendly place. The menu offers a great variety of dishes to choose from and ultimately decided to order the grouper with asparagus and was extremely pleased with the chef's choice of preparation. I believe it was the best prepared dish that I have ever eaten. I was told that the chef and owner, Chef John, is well known in the area for his amazing ability to create delectable dishes. I was very impressed that he visited our table to ask if we were completely satisfied. I also noticed that he took the time to visit other tables as well. This restaurant offers, along with the terrific food, an amazing scenic view while dining...

I would recommend this restaurant as a number "1" choice to visit while in the area, A first Class restaurant. I will definitely return again.

• Visited March 2014
Thank donnamhaidar .
“Good menu but not all Italian”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This restaurant is the cleanest I have seen in a long time. The restrooms are perfect and the many waterfront windows are clean despite the salty breezes. The tables are covered with real tablecloths and the napkins are cloth which DON"T leave lint on your clothes. The atmosphere is subdued and quiet with popular music being played that is in good taste - not screaming noise.
The staff are well trained and very courteous. the chef, Chef John, is very talented and likes to come and meet his guests personally. We were on vacation from another state and came to CJ's because of its location on the Bay at the beautiful Bay Point Marina. Our only complaint is about the food. Most of it was prepared excellently - especially the prime rib which was perfect. The grouper was also perfectly cooked. It was the vegetables that left us empty. The asparagus was tough and bitter, and so was the broccoli. The portions were too large. BUT ! The warm handmade bread was out of this world ! I think it is good that not all of the menu is Italian because it includes foods the fit most peoples' tastes and childrens' as well. We did try the Italian dishes but were not too impressed. The pasta did come to the table somewhat cold.
Overall we rate CJ'S as very good and we will return to watch the sunset on the Bay. Susan J.

• Visited April 2014