“Beautiful, peaceful, and private...great family vacation spot!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Moonspinner Condominium
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Beautiful, peaceful, and private...great family vacation spot!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have stayed at the Moonspinner too many times to count over the last 25 years. EVERY trip has been fantastic. The location just can't be beat. It is a family friendly condo that is virtually the last place to stay on the beach strip in Panama City Beach before you hit St. Andrew's State Park. The proximity to the park makes it a wonderful, quiet location. No noisy, crowded neighbors! The beach around you only has guests of the Moonspinner. You can walk toward the pier/getties for miles of beach that is in front of the park, with no other condos/hotels/guests around. It gives you a very private, natural setting. But if you want some action, you can walk the other way toward the strip, and can easily make it to restaurants/night clubs. So it is your choice! I have been coming to the beach on the Gulf for years, and the Moonspinner, with its location, beautiful view/pool, and great rooms is always our pick.

Room Tip: Haven't stayed in a bad one yet! Have stayed in over 10 units over the years, and each one has b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Maggie E

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
South Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed in Room B-711. This unit was in the middle of two other units. It overlooked the pool and had a great view of the beach. Typically we do not like to be over the pool, but you almost had to look down to see the pool because you were so high. I would recommend Building A and C, I think they have better views. This condo was really nice. I was glad to see carts to help you get your stuff up to your room - there were plenty of them. The beds and furniture were both appealing and comfortable. There was good water pressure in the bath rooms and the tubs were average side but well kept. The kitchen had basic dishware and cookware and the washer and dryer was in great condition. I liked this condo because for families this complex is on the quieter side of Panama City beach, the last complex before the state park so it is not absolutely jammed pack with people. To get to the beach, you have to take the elevator down, walk to the back of the complex across the pool area and a very short walk. It only takes a few minutes to be right on the beach. This room came with two chairs and an umbrella - which was awesome. The staff were extremely nice and helpful. I cannot over emphasize this. The only problem we had was the beach, it was disappointing because there was this green-lime weed issue the entire time we stayed, it was disgusting; and there was frequent trash on the beach from polluters, but this is not the condo's fault of course.

Room Tip: If you like being over the pool pick building B. If you do not like the pool, pick building A or C.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank namehunt
Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was our second year to stay at the Moonspinner condos and we love it! We stayed in the 6th floor in a 3 bed/3 bath condo. The place is fully furnished and clean. Towels are provided. Kitchen is outstanding with everything you may need and to make your stay as if you were home. Amazing view of the ocean (ocean front), good size tvs, comfortable and clean bathrooms, good parking, nice size swimming pool and the beach is at a short walk distance. Will return next year and highly recommend! There are umbrellas provided but you can rent one "closer" to the water for $30 a day or bring your own.

1 Thank Marcie T
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed at Moonspinner for the first time last week. The room and landscaping were absolutely beautiful. We called mainteance and told them our shower door was not on track; they showed up in 10 minutes. I have never seen such prompt service. The room had everything we needed and it was spotless. My husbands family have been going to Moonspinner for over 12 years and now I see why. I had went down to one of the newer condos to visit with my parents and the beach was so crowded; I told her I will always stay down at Moonspinner now. TRY room 516 A you wont regret it.

3 Thank Clarissa W
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We just returned from our visit to Panama City Beach, staying on the fifth floor at the Moonspinner. I would like to rate our stay as 3 1/2 only because of some of the problems we had there. However you cannot beat the view - as our grandson said, "It is awesome." Our biggest problem was with those security guys. They need to have a coordination meeting. Our sons and his boys flew in and we drove. We told security guys - as management told us to do-that our son would be late. Evidently no one told the night man as my son and family arrived at 1AM. They argued for 10 - 15 mins. Sat. Am we are packing up and some security guy comes up and tells my husband that he forgot to sign in (someone just arrived) Wrong person. This is not a new building and the shower handle just turned and turned. I just kept turning until I found the right temperature. The remotes were a problem - possibly low batteries. However the view was wonderful, the pool was large and very clean, having a washer and dryer for a family is very important, and the elevators worked very well - never having to wait. One does not have to go far to eat well as we did. The shuttles were right next door to Shell Beach. Being 75 it is a trip I should never have taken - too much walking. Overall this was a wonderful time to see my son and the grandchildren, who we hadn't see in over a year.

Room Tip: There are three buildings at the Moonspinner. A is the first, B is in the middle right over the poo...
3 Thank DarwinOhio
Portland, Tennessee
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We recently stayed in this condo in Panama City Beach. We were there over the Memorial Day Weekend and stayed the rest of the week. Let me start by saying, I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews of this condo, but I worried for no reason. We had a blast!! The condo was as clean as could be, the furniture was new and that was by far the best supplied kitchen I have ever been in. There was nothing we needed that was not available to us. The staff was very helpful, even recommended some places we should try and some activities we should consider. We did have a problem on our last night there when the air stopped working, but the staff offered us a new room and because we had enjoyed this room so much, we decided to stay.
We would stay there again in a minute!!!! Wish we could go back there now!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for condo 507B
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Susan K
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Never a problem until I stayed in this condo 405C. It was terrible, there are no locks on any doors, bathrooms or bedrooms anything but the front door. The refrigerator was broken upon our arrival. Had to wait till the next day to fix. The light fixture was just hanging there. so many other thing. Even the staff said it has not been rented for over 5 month and that the present owner were cheep. We were promised a small refund and never got it since the manager went out of town with her boyfriend and did not document it in the system. We called her and she said sorry cant help you we have closed the books for the month lol very convenient. We have stayed there for many years and were willing to pay the higher rate for this location but never again. Hate to sound sore but we really were 405C is a lemon.

Room Tip: check all the reviews its very important the pics don't help
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kevin t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panama City Beach
Hampton Inn Panama City Beach
Hampton Inn Panama City Beach
#13 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Treasure Island Resort Condominiums
Treasure Island Resort Condomini...
#3 of 83 in Panama City Beach
#57 of 83 in Panama City Beach
Lollye On the Beach
Lollye On the Beach
#27 of 48 in Panama City Beach

Been to Moonspinner Condominium? Share your experiences!