“Good Family Fun”
Review of Plaza Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Plaza Motel
Ranked #43 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Kentucky
“Good Family Fun”
Reviewed May 30, 2009

Me and my family stayed here for our summer vacation. We were going to stay across the street for 3 nights, but realized we could stay at the Plaza for a full week for the same price. My kids really enjoyed the pool that never closed, and we enjoyed hanging out in the courtyard grilling out. The store attached to the Motel was convienent. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gadsden AL
Reviewed May 4, 2009

This is the WORST place I have been in!! There was not only a large roach in the floor there was also hairs in the sheets like they had not even been changed. When I told the manager about it he was nice and brought the sheets and the mop to the room, but he thought I should to the cleaning, I said I paid for a clean room and that was what I wanted! he cleaned after rechecking the bed, THERE WE BUGS IN THE BED CRAPS looked like!!!! I throwed the spread off the bed in the floor and we got our money back and then the manager came in and put the same spread back on the bed to re rent!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

ky
Reviewed June 10, 2008

We came into town without a reservation and rates were higher than normal. We picked this hotel because it was right across from the beach. The service at the front desk was great and the people were really friendly. The room had a partial remodel but the bathrooms were still done in the 1950's tile and the shower was tiny. We did not have the kids with us so we were ok with the compromise because of the VERY cheap rate...59 dollars a night. For spring break teens, this would be a great hotel. The pool is open 24 hours a day and the free breakfast is toast, biscuits and gravy. The room was clean and the air was cold. We were only going to sleep there so this fit our needs. There were some kids there on their senior trip and we were warned at check-in..so we knew what to expect. Most places would not even warn you about things like that.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — tiny shower 29" wide
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
heflin al
Reviewed June 4, 2008

umm omgaud...senior trip 06', me & my heflin crew rocked this motel out! it has great PRICES and its right in front of the beach...what can i say?!??!
funn FUNn funn...it has a pool and the coolest managers ever....plus your like 3-4 minutes from the tiki bar!! every time i go to panama city beach fl, i book a room there at the plaza!! cause i know im going to have the most wonderful experience EVERy time i go to PCB_- Michelle :]

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — Leaveing
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with friends
south, ga
Reviewed September 10, 2007

This is a great place to stay if you like the party scene....the pool stays open 24 hrs a day.....the staff is friendly.....the rooms are at a great price......they are alittle out dated but for the price its a good deal.....

• Liked — the pool is open 24hrs
  • Disliked — the rooms are outdated
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mom-of-2-cuties
Huntsville Al
Reviewed July 8, 2007

Booked a six person room for four nights. our sixth person was not going to be there the same day as the first five do to military service but was coming down the next day on his leave from base owner agreed that was ok. We opened the door to our room and noticed several things wrong with the room the sheets and beds were stained with blood and vomit,the room had exposed electrical wires and connections,the door knobs and locks were not maintained and did not work properly. The 2nd night of staying at the plaza hotel was by far the worst after agreeing to let our 6th person come a day late he denied a serviceman in uniform access to stay in the room he helped pay for owner was very arrogant and rude and crooked as a politician,Security is poor if it even exists at all,Owner allows underage drinking and other illicit activities to go on around the pool area in plain view i would not reccomend this place to my worst enemy if you want to stay near the beach save a few more dollars and go somewhere else. this place proves you get what you pay for because its a poorly run business

4 Thank bamaslammer6006
Atlanta
Reviewed June 4, 2007

After barely believing that we were at the right hotel being as though it looked NOTHING like the website…we were greeted by a large ROACH in our room! This little guy was no longer alive…but that could have been a result of him eating the sludge from the inside of the microwave or refrigerator that we PAID EXTRA FOR!!! They were covered in brown goo!!! The toilet overflowed the whole trip and never stopped running…and we were reprimanded for using the “towels” (more like napkins) provided for bathing, to clean it up! I can understand why they wouldn’t want their “towels” on the disgustingly grimy floor…I was afraid to go without shoes! I was also afraid to go to sleep as our lock didn't work and the "chain" lock had nothing to latch to. This did however come in handy the time I got locked out of the room ...I was able to simply use my credit card to get back in without bothering the "lovely" staff! Overall I would rather have slept in the trunk of my car and bathed in the ocean! There are many places, just as cheap...LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!!

• Liked — Location...directly across the street from the beach
  • Disliked — where do I begin!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank KLH02