“Mrs ”
Review of Plaza Motel

Plaza Motel
Ranked #42 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stay for 1 night without paying an arm and a leg. I knew going into this it was a risk however for 2 adults, 3 kids,15, 11 and 5, a rate of $161 with 2 double beds and bunk beds it was worth it. We got in after day at beach, showered, then walked to 3 brothers from Italy pizza. I felt somewhat unsafe because of the looks of the place and some of the people there but i reminded myself that they were probably there for price like me. The front desk clerk (which is located in the convenience store)was very nice. The next morning we had their complimentary breakfast of yummy,tasted homemade, biscuits and gravy along with great scrambled eggs, coffee and TANG(?). The cook/bartender was very nice. I also did not get bit by any bedbugs. So of course, not the Ritz but hey we made it work. If you are super big on looks, don't stay here. However if you just need a cheap place to shower, sleep, or sit outside in nightlife,this place is fine. It is more of a party atmosphere. College kids will enjoy. VERY LAID BACK. 24/7 store, grill and bar. I'd stay again but only for 2 days max. It kinda felt like i was in Quentin Tarantino movie motel. I guess i wanted a little adventure.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sonia A

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The rooms were very small, beds were very uncomfortable!! People were partying all night outside our door. Wires to the lights were wrapped with duct tape. Pillows smelled of sweat. I would never stay there again!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Kimberly K
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I'm posting reviews everywhere I can about this place!!!! If you have a family DO NOT take them to stay at this nasty, filthy, dump. Loud music, drinking for all ages, nasty rooms, gross, gross!!! NO!!!! This place is awful. There's all kinds of gross stuff going on in the pool, the rooms are outdated, beat up, nasty. The cops came out twice, once was because one of our cars got hit & had trash stuffed into the tail pipe. It's party central for anyone who wants to come join in the PCB area & it goes all day & night. It smells like old beer & urine, it's just disgusting!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Sabrina M
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have stayed in cheap rooms but this was the worst i've ever seen. Rats coming out of wall. Plug broken on wall mounted light. Didn't know wire was broken so when I plugged it in sparks started flying. We checked in at 3pm. At 5pm we checked out. Was still charged for the night. There is no management that I could see.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank lsharden
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Ok if u weigh over 100 lbs you do not want the shower provided in room 131 because it will definately hurt your feelings.my boyfriend had to slide in sideways just to fit thru the opening and hes 210 lbs.also there were blood stains on the pillow cases and there were people living there full time with a baby whose living conditions were absolutely horrifying which caused concerns for the baby.the pool was a little on the green side so we never even got in and the good thing about it was it was close to the beach and mngmt was nice. I regret not taking pics of the shower!oh music was loud as ever till sun came up and nobody not even 1 soul attended there outside bar.

Room Tip: Bring plenty of air freshener, our room smelled awful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shanon m
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Not what the pictures show run down. Pool was green Staff was rude no parking I have stayed in motel for 35 years and this was the worst Not worth the money we paid its worth about $10.00 a nite the balcony rail very unstable TV's very small remotes not work maids did not clean baths. Started ou with 4 towels last day cleaned only left 1 towel and no wash cloths city of Panama City should condem this rat hole just my two cents worth DONT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Slicricdiver
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed 7 days. HORRIBLE service. Bed Bugs reported and nothing to be done. Multiple calls made in an official manner and no response from mngmnt. Finally told on the 5th call, "We do not have mngmnt. We have owners... I talked to the other people on staff and they said they didn't know of any (bed bug) issues." When I informed her that I had made her aware the previous day, as well as leaving a message on the machine so that everyone could be made aware she (Suzanne, not an owner--per her) she continued to balk on action items.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Mollykalbrecht
plazamotelpcb, Owner at Plaza Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

molly did not stay here how can she write a review if she did not stay here.thank you