“6-14-14”

Grandview East & West Condominiums
Macon, Georgia
“6-14-14”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

great view, good accommodations for the price,but will not return because of the beach attendant from hell, absolute idiot, assigned a beach chair for the week, two days later assigned to another,then refused to even talk with us, ruined our vacation, sorry Grandview East, goodbye

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rob M

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked this Hotel as a last minute resort for 7 people. When we arrived on the outside everyone was like ok, what is this? And when we went to the room and opened the door we were like WOW,WOW, WOW.. The kitchen and bathrooms were very cleaned and the master bdrm and bathroom was huge with lots of space. This hotel does not look like much from the outside but very beautiful inside, We had a 3 bdrm on the 4th floor, and the view was awesome. Very clean, the only downside to the hotel is the limited amount of parking and then you have to park across the street and the swimming pool is very tiny. But overall I would give 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Carisa a
Victoria, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

On our second trip to PCB, we certainly wouldn't miss an opportunity to stay at our favorite place. This time around, we had the opportunity to stay in another condo due to our fav being occupied, which gave us a chance to compare.

As before, check in was a breeze.

The memorization of multiple codes becomes quite a challenge if you are not of the photographic memory species, some exceeding 6 or more digits (hint...no drinking and trying to get back in!).

The layout was exactly the same as our previous stay, so we felt comfortable knowing where everything was located as far as room layout.

Spacious!!! Lots of comfy space. A tv in each room. Plenty of seating. Plenty of kitchen appliances, dishes, etc. Extra blankets for cool nights on the balcony or in the room. Lots of balcony furniture. Plenty of toilet paper and paper towels, bath towels, washrags, kitchen towels and other necessities. Plenty of basic body soaps (loved the smell!!!).

There were two beach chairs and a boogie board for our beach use. Plenty of 'on the counter' storage for things like sunscreen, fresh fruits and nick knacks that always seem to accumulate during vacations.

The bed in the master was very comfy. The kids found their beds comfy, as did my mom. Each room had it's own bathroom, so that was a nice addition the other condo did not have. Everyone could shower, shave or potty without drama.

The dehumidifier in the condo was a bonus. Certainly not a must for a good review, but to find one having stayed on the beach in rooms without them? BONUS! Extra box fans if someone got too hot. Wifi is easy to access if you are an Internet junkie, or run a business website and need to update daily -even when on vacation.

The view is as grand as the name boasts, even from the first floor!

We did not use the pool facilities, but they appeared clean and well kept. Security was perfect, in that we saw our on site guard several times. The WILD party crowd arrived and happened to be staying in the condo above us (201) on May 16. They were screaming at people from the balcony, throwing beer tabs and cigarette butts over the balcony and just being immature, disrespectful and irresponsible to themselves and others. I fully expected a body to come flying over the balcony at any second when the security guard happened to be on patrol and witness the blatant disrespect and verbal abuse of beach goers. Within minutes, the 'party' was over! I give security a two thumbs up!

Now the 'improvements' needed:
There were multiple light bulbs out in the unit (closet, bedroom, one making an electrical sound that wasn't very positive).
The unit had gnats and one giant water-bug.
The door did not have an inside lock. If someone else had our code, they could access and we would not be safe. We are subject to the belief that NO ONE else has that code (master code?).
Kitchen drawer items were tossed in multiple drawers, so you had knives, openers, spatulas and measuring spoons strewn throughout. We organized this upon arrival.
Mattresses do not have protective pads on them. I washed our cotton cover myself and then again when we left, especially in the kids room (they are dirtier).
No ice! The ice maker dispensed a whopping 6 cubes during the entire 6 days.
Lots of hand towels but nothing to wash dishes by hand.
Cell reception is awful. Balcony side, it is ZERO. Street side, 1-2 bars at times.
Parking sucks! No better word for that one.
Maintenance targeted us during a very vulnerable moment to encroach on our space to 'test the tiles' (they didn't test the bathroom which was the SAME as the main), looking for loose tiles DESPITE our request to wait until we had departed the unit. We were returning from the beach and we had to potty. This was rude.
Check out was slightly confusing...you have to check out from the UNIT PHONE; not your cell phone. You can download an app for checkout from mobile but thats it. UNIT phone wasn't blatantly highlighted and since we are primarily a mobile phone society, making this more apparent would help with confusion. It took us 15 minutes and re reading the instructions as a family to see the word UNIT phone. We had to run back upstairs and check out on the room cordless phone. Pffft!
Unit cordless phone buttons were sticky!
The vacuum wasn't a 'sand' friendly sweeper and just threw the sand around as we tried to sweep (sand sweeper needed). The kids found the sand fun to slide on at the end!
As we cleaned the unit for housekeeping (we
loaded and ran the dishwasher and took out our own trash and emptied the fridge), the 5 lb iron wine bottle holder slid off of the wobbly fridge and landed on my upper lip, leaving a 2" gaping wound that went through. Ouch! (note...no ice! Thank goodness we didn't eat that second bag of frozen veggies)

Compared to Grandview West (Marisol) 901, the cost of this one was $400 MORE. The unit was scuffed and basic with regards to decor. The only decor piece that it had was on the fridge and left me with a permanent future scar.

The view is still awesome and overall, most things on the improvement list are not reflective of the unit itself.

Maybe a thorough walk through to test bulbs and appliances would have solved some issues. Unfortunately, it is a condo and many of those checks are management company responsibility.

Put in a safety lock. I need lights on check in. I want to see little or no bugs. Give me tools that work (sweeper for sand). Unit reserved parking. Check the ice maker if there is no ice facilities.

Renter Suggestions:
Park your car and don't move it.
Bring trash bags, laundry soap and a scrub brush for dishes.
Sand is everywhere...period (it's the beach)
Be prepared to rearrange.
Tell the maintenance man NO! They can do routine work on their time, period...even though they may have a master access code and can enter while you sleep and you have no way to keep them out.
Take an ice pack!
Bring an extra few chairs and a quality beach umbrella.
You need laundry soap, shampoo and conditioner.

Overall, It was a good stay with some excellent points. I would not recommend to others unless they fixed the front door safety issue.

BYOB (bulbs) if you choose to stay.

Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Nikki W
Grandview E, Manager at Grandview East & West Condominiums, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Sorry you had a negative experience, part of this sounds like a issue with the rental management company. As they are the ones who take reservations and do the upkeep for the units they manage. Your rental company should have moved you to a nicer unit as it sounds like your is in disrepair. We are a condominium complex on the beach and not a hotel. As such we are not responsible for the upkeep of the units or any rental issues. Again sorry for your negative stay.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I really thought about it several times before booking this condo with travelocity which is the only complaint I have because they charged me an extra $60.00 for destination fee and chairs at the beach and when we got there I was told that all fees needs to be paid directly to them and travelocity was supposed to refund back.
Ha never happened.
Paid 197.00 in fees
Other than that inconvenience our stay was wonderful, unit 1505 3 bedrooms 2 bathroom was nice, clean and well equipped with all we needed for 3 adults 5 children. It was quiet and very relaxing. I will definitely stay here again no doubts but I will book the reservation with the resort rental insted, is easier and cheaper.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lily809
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Absolutely the nicest, most comfortable condo rental I have ever stayed at!!! The view from the Master Bedroom was amazing and the entire apartment was beautiful! The only issues we had was first, finding out where to check in as there is no front desk, and second, the "resort fee" being pretty expensive as my boyfriend, who made the reservation didn't read the fine print. Know before you go and have a wonderful stay! Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

A friend and I stayed here for a long girls weekend. We had the most wonderful time. The condo was very comfortable and had everything we needed. I love the fact that it is steps away from the beautiful beach and the area is so close to shopping and restaurants.

I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brookhaven, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have a problem with the hidden cost and I have told everyone I know not to travel there! would not allow me to check unless I paid cleaning fee that was not disclose to me in the booking or receipt. I was told but management my receipt didn't look legit.Check in girl called security on my daughter and I because my daughter asked her for a real receipt after the cleaning fee had been pain twice, she refused and got upset! "She said, you people must think this is the Holiday Inn.No one said anything bad or ugly to her, she got nervous because she got caught up in a lie!We ended up trying to drive back home which is 6 1/2 hours away and the weather was horrible. My children and I stayed a hotel,my son which is handicapped had to endure those long rides because of a company's greed for money! Oh and we have stayed here before, no problems like this. It would take a lot for me to consider ever going back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank heuckabuck35
Sorry you had a negative experience, this sounds like a issue with the rental management company or website you rented from. As they are the ones who take reservations and were not upfront about your fees. Grandview East should not suffer due to rental management companies that do not give the best service or supply appropriate information to their guests. We are a condominium complex on the beach and not a hotel. As such we are not responsible for the upkeep of the units or any rental issues. Again sorry for your negative stay.

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels