“Absolutely love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grandview East & West Condominiums

and 1 more site!
Grandview East & West Condominiums
NYC
“Absolutely love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Absolutely love this place! Great location. These places are more spacious than most everything else on the beach and I did my homework! You will love it too! This is not for the rude spring breaker group as this is considered more luxury condo, so less of that and more families. Great find! Now live in one of the three bedrooms with three full baths while looking for property or home on the water but no rush as love the place I'm renting.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank zbusf122

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a group stay here over the weekend & we were all very excited, but felt differently when we got there.
First we booked for 3 nights& triple confirmed the reservations, only to find out they booked 2 nights.
Second, once we got to the room it was very dirty. The floors had sand & dirt all over, the kitchen was dirty & everything was sticky, there was a dead bird on our balcony, & the window treatments were falling off the wall, & the carpets hadn't been vacuumed & were covered with stains.
Overall, I think the cleaning staff should spend a little more time cleaning & taking their time to make sure it's done right.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Lindseyc2121
Grandview E, Public Relations Manager at Grandview East & West Condominiums, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Sorry you had a negative experience, sounds like most of your issues are with the management company you rented from. As they are the ones who didn't get your reservation right or have your unit ready to occupy. I would direct your review about the management company you rented from and note the property there. We are a condominium complex on the beach, we do not do any reservations or maintenance of the interior of the unit. We have a lot of issues with management companies on the beach not taking good care of the units.
Madison, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I planned a family vacation with my mother and sister. We all searched the internet for months until we found a place for the correct dates and reasonable price. We live in 3 different states which means 3 cars. The website as well as the reservationist said not a problem, you can purchase extra parking passes for their lot across the street. My sister and mother arrived first. After checking in, my sister called me to let me know that 1 parking place was under the condo and could only purchase 1 additional pass for across the street. I would have to park in the free "parking garage" about a block away.

Problem #1 - I was not parking my BMW Z-3 convertible a block away. So I called the condo unit and spoke with Tammy asking about the parking situation she explained about the overflow parking and that it was not actually a garage in reality it is an unattended parking lot that turned out to be between 2 houses with no lights off the main street. It actually looks like an abandon parking lot in the middle of nowhere and anybody could park there. After hanging up from this conversation, I called back to ask if their was any other parking options or secured parking garages around because short of sleeping in my car, I would not leave it that far away. She told me she didn't know of any and would let me know. Of course I never heard back.
Solution: I called the Northwest Florida Regional Airport to inquire about long term parking. The lady was very helpful and explained that their security officer continuosly rides around the parking lots as well as the Police Department makes hourly drive throughs. I found piece of mind with this so for $11 dollars a day and about a 40 mile round trip out of the way found secure parking for my car. When my sister went back to get the keys, Tammy told her that she had some upset and mad people in her party because of the parking. I never raised my voice to her when inquiring about the parking. I was upset about the situation but never took it out on her. Now that comment pissed me off and it took a lot for me not to call her back so that she would know the difference between me being upset and mad!

Problem #2 Upon arrival, the "security guard" (term used loosely) barely let me parked in the area around the condos so that I could unload my car. I had someone stay with my car as I went to get a cart. He questioned them 3 times about how long this would take. There were other empty spaces so I can't understand the rush to get me to move. Unloading my car and getting keys to my sister car for the trip to the airport only took about 20-25 minutes. He was not friendly or understanding. In fact, he was rude!

Problem #3 If you like to use the swimming pool, this is not the place for you. It is an "L" shaped small pool that is almost always shaded seeing that it sits under the condo building. I never got in the pool it was to small for the number of units in this building. I think I saw maybe 5 people using the entire 4 days of my visit.

Once you get past all the disappointments, the Unit (501) was very spacious with a good sized balcony. The kitchen was big enough that more than 1 person could be in there. The only problem here was the pair of underwear found behind a door in one of the bedrooms that did not belong to any of us.

After getting past these first day dilemas and the pool, I had an enjoyable time with my family even though I did not have access to my own car.

6 Thank ufgator247
Grandview E, Guest Relations Manager at Grandview East & West Condominiums, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Sorry you had parking issues, please note that you stayed at Grandview West which is now called Marisol. Grandview West and/or Marisol does limit you to 2 spaces maximum. Grandview East has plenty of parking and would of sold you extra spaces had you stayed here.
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed in Grandview West 604. This condo was perfect for us. I went with family and friends and everyone loved the condo and had a great time. It was very clean and efficient. I loved the master bedroom and the jacuzzi tub. The bed was very comfortable and was great for movie night. We loved having the free beach chairs and umbrella, it made going to the beach very enjoyable and relaxing.The owner, Pauline, is very nice and exceptional to work with. I would encourage anyone to stay in this condo. I would definetly love to stay here the next time I come to Panama City.

Greenwood, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

They don't provide enough parking spots for their guests and when we returned one night, there was NO orange colored parking spots left, so we parked in the green parking area because there was a ton of empty spots. They towed us without giving us any notice or asking us to move. We had our orange pass hanging in our vehicle that had our contact information on it. We had to walk 2 miles to the impound lot in pouring down rain and pay $100 to get it back. We were beyond horrified that this place treats their paying guests like this. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK!

5 Thank Amy S
Grandview E, Public Relations Manager at Grandview East & West Condominiums, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Sorry you had a bad experience. This guest clearly parked in a Grandview West (now called Marisol) lot and signs were posted at the entrance that clearly states Grandview West guests only. We have plenty of parking as we have 3 lots across the street. Besides signs labeling our lots, Grandview East has parking maps displayed in all elevators and in the lobby. Sorry you somehow missed or didn't read the maps or parking lot signs.

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Wilburton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

The condo was beautiful. The view of the gulf was breathtaking. The condo was very clean. I can see where there might be some sand left on the floor. Thank you for letting us rent you condo. When I went to do my washing on the last day I was there, I noticed the washer wasn't draining. So I had take a wet bag of clothes home with us and it ended up getting a couple of my suitcases and new clothes inside wet. But situations happens. I enjoyed relaxing on the deck and enjoying the view.

Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were moved from a different property so this was not our choice. Charged a $172.00 "cleaning fee". After dealing with the hardship and hassle of even figuring out HOW to access the check-in office, the person who made the reservations was given the run-around by an inept and incompetent check-in clerk who did not provide the correct building name (East VS. West), the correct key (Key VS. Card), or warnings that her vehicle would be towed by management if it was not parked in the correct color-coded lot (LOTS of confusion RE: color-coded parking passes). Night Shift Manager LIED and DENIED any knowledge of WHICH towing company was used ("talk to the security guard") after giving orders to security guard to tow vehicle.

Room Tip: What Foom Service?! What Spa?! Rooms did not appear clean to my personal standards (ex., orange-co...