“Loved Unit 1903 Tower 1”

Majestic Beach Towers
atlanta
“Loved Unit 1903 Tower 1”
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Booked through the owner's website at [-]. The children enjoyed the resort tremendously and the unit was extremely nice. It was furnished with high end taste and the entire unit was in perfect condition. I give it a 5 out of 5!.

• Liked — The unit was furnished in tropical themes in a really good high end taste
  • Disliked — Elevators can be slow...but that's expected anywhere.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Nashville TN
Reviewed January 8, 2009

We have stayed at the Majestic ever since it opened in 2005. We originally chose this place because I have two small children and we went in Febuary and I wanted them to be able to swim. The majestic has 2 nice sized pools that are heated and indoors. Our first year we rented directly from the Majestic a two bedroom condo. The condo was clean, decorated well, and had modern up to date appliances that all worked well. We had a nice stay with no problems finding a luggage cart, and staff that was helpful. When we went to rent in the peak summer season we discovered that renting directly from resorts in most cases will cost you more money, so since then every year we have directly rented from owners via different venues. Now let me just say depending on who you rent from whether it is an owner directly or the majestic itself-the interior and decor is going to vary. Some condos are more plush and have been kept better while others are more bland and have more signs of wear. Anyone who drove through a neighborhood would find this true of peoples homes, so why would condos be any different? Just like people's homes with time and usage minor maintenance issues will occur-drains get slow, airconditioners quit working-they must be fixed over time-anywhere you go. How these issues are handled does make a difference. Any time we have had any minor issues such as these we contacted the property owner and they were corrected immediately. Ok now having said that the realy meat and potatoes everyone wants to know. In peak season the wait on the elevator will take a little longer depending on the time of day. Sometimes we have had no wait while at other times it was 8 minutes. Carts at time will be up front in both tower I and tower II, but on Saturday morning when most people are leaving they are scarce, but we have always managed to snag one with patience and diligence. The pools are great around noon it is always full, but there is enough turnover that you can usually snag a chair. My favorite building is Tower I this is where the starbucks is and where the better of the pools are, but Tower II is not too shabby either, it just means you have to walk out the front door or down the beach up to the main outdoor pool area. Tower II has an outdoor and indoor pool as well, but the downside to the outdoor pool is that about 80% of it is covered, therefore it is rather cool all year, but this is good for little ones who don't need all that sun exposure. The indoor pool is great and ususally less full than tower I. The outdoor pools at tower I has a large pool, a kid pool with a mushroom, and a gated baby pool, in addtion to an adult large hot tub-this is my favorite area. The parking garage is more than 3 floors, it may be 5, but there is always plenty of room, and if you make arrangements they have parking for boats, trailor, etc. They also have an actual movie theatre where they show pretty up to date movies on Fridays and Saturdays. The fitness room is huge and they have an attendant during operationaly hours, but if you do not rent directly from the Majestic, if you rent from an owner, then you will pay 10 dollars a day, so be aware of that. Also with a resort so new and sheek and offering a convention center be aware that when you visit there may be other groups staying there for conferences or conventions. We stayed there once while part of a youth group was there and at times they would be loud, but security is everywhere and were quick to correct them in firm, but not rude mannor-no complaints here. I have read at least 12 reviews on other resorts and it seems consistant that all resorts at peek times have trouble with elevator waits, and cart availablity, but be realistic a resort with 20 plus floors and two towers these things are going to happen, and staff can only do so much. Staff can not prevent the ingestion of alcohol and the volume of the outside traffic. Security is present and always visible and try to correct problems as they see them. All in all I love this place I have now been in the winter and 3 times in the summer and once during bike week and every time I have loved it. No place is without minor flaws, but truly I love this place. It is located one block from Wal-mart, fairly close to Pier park, and overall quite central to everywhere we go. I will go back again this summer. Oh and by the way to all of you who are not aware. The beaches are public beaches the resorts are not responsible for public beaches, no more than you are responsible for the road in front of your house, so please do not expect to see resort staff on the beach cleaning it. The beach is usually fine, people do litter, but I have never seen any kind of gross misuse. The beach is fine and the resort is great.

• Liked — Pools, location, view, newness
  • Disliked — tower I and tower II not connected
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank hotbeachmama
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Reviewed September 8, 2008

We stayed here through our vacation club. We arrived to find a water leak in the bathroom making the master bath unusable. Our condo itself was nice, we heard other people complaining that their condos had seen better days and showed signs of "spring break partying".
Pools were nice. Tower II has an indoor pool and an outdoor pool, the outdoor pool was covered by the building so it did not get any sun. Tower I also has an indoor and outdoor pool. Tower I outdoor pool is mostly sun and also has a small baby pool.

We ended up spending more time at the pool than the beach because our 17 month old decided she did not like sand.
The pools were nice, but we did not like to no food or drink rule at the pool.

The beach...sand was nice and white, much nicer than we were expecting. However we found the beach to be dirty, lots of trash and glass. Maybe other places clean up their section of the beach, but Majestic sure does not. Ocean was shallow quite a ways out, but had lots of seaweed.

Overall we found Panama City Beach area just not for us. We would not go back, but if we did I would look at some place other than Majestic Towers.
Unrelated to the condo...avoid Breakers (place to eat), we went in and saw a cockroach; needless to say we ate elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank beau377

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Georgia
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We stayed at Majestic Beach Towers and enjoyed our stay. We rented through Joni's Beach Rentals and received a great rate at 100 a night for a one bed room on the 23rd and top floor in tower one. The room was decorated really nice and the view was awesome. I don't care for the layout of the one bedrooms. The one bed rooms have the bedroom in the back of the unit and not gulf front. Also the bathrooms are nothing special either. I had heard a lot of people complain about the walk from the parking garage to the towers themselves. I really never felt like it was that big of a walk. You enter on the third deck but that deck is reserved for owners parking only. I would always park up on the fourth deck right next to the elevator, not bad at all. Again, we did not go when it was crowded though. The pools were nice but were all cold except for the one that is actually outdoors. The indoor pool was cold so we did not spend much time in there. We had a great time and were pleased with our stay. I will be a little more picky next time on the layout of the room as it is nice to be able to step out of your bedroom and onto your balcony.

• Liked — Room Decor and location of resort.
  • Disliked — One bedroom layout.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Myke729
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed August 17, 2008

Booked a 3 BR + bunk through an owner website. It wasn't actually an individual owner, but a small company. Had some probs with the reservations, they claimed they did not received my check, so I paid with debit card, then check cleared the next day and I had to wait for a credit. They only had one key to the unit and as we had 8 people, we had to leave it under the mat the whole week. The condo was okay, no fancy showers, or furnishings. There were some minor maintenance issues -- the tv had a large scratch on the screen, one of the tvs in a bedroom would change colors from red to purple, small hole in the living room wall, some of the blinds didn't work, etc.. It wasn't the cleanest place I've stayed either, although not sure who the owner used to clean. The pool is on the west side of tower I and was not warm the whole week we were there. It was very windy and a small glass table fell off the balcony into the pool and the pool was closed off and on for 3 days, lot of frustration from people staying. My son actually cut his foot on a piece. The trash room door handle was broken on the inside and my son actually let 3 people out who had gotten locked in. After the first time, he told the front desk, but no one fixed the handle or even hung a sign warning people. I have stayed in several places in PCB and will not stay here again, there are nicer places at a comparable price. Also, we were told internet would cost $9.95 a day -- pretty frustrating since friends stayed at a hotel down the street for $59/night and had free internet. The best thing about this resort was the view from the balcony, we had a west end unit on the 8th floor.

• Liked — the view from the balcony
  • Disliked — pool configuration and location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
KY
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We rented 2307, tower one, on VRBO. The owners(Kevin and Alison Gregory) were wonderful to deal with, answered every e-mail/call we made to them. 2307 is a Beautiful condo penthouse. The view is unbelievable. The furnishings were top notch,and I liked the fact that we didn't have to check in, the keys/parking permit were mailed to us and we went straight to our room. We didn't have any problems with the staff/mgmnt. I didn't particulary care about the elevators or cart situation. Even security was upset about the lack of carts being returned. ( I suggested to them to Keep them put up and get a $50 deposit and you will never have that problem) We looked for 30 minutes in both towers for a cart, never found one. The elevators wern't too bad but at times would stop on every floor.They really need more of them but thats for the next builder in town to figure out. I had not been to PCB for about 7 years and was really surprised at the high rises, too much like Destin now. I would recommend 2307 to anyone who would ask. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again but PCB is not what it used to be, and no, I don't party /drink so it's not that. It's lost that old time beach feel but I guess thats progress.

• Liked — Room Was awesome
  • Disliked — Elevators/ no carts
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank DWLCATS
atlanta
Reviewed July 31, 2008

The Condo was very clean. The staff workers were great. The management staff was very overwhelmed and not experienced in operating the Conference Rooms and keeping the familes happy too. The elevators took forever, there were 3 elevators for 20 some floors. My family spoke with other familes and for the past three years it was great but after this year will not return, said it was great before the conference center opened.

• Disliked — Conference Rooms with LARGE groups and NO organization!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family