“My Experience at this resort...”

Majestic Beach Towers
Birmingham, Alabama
“My Experience at this resort...”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

OK, after reading some of the negative reviews I thought I would tell of my experience at this resort 2 weeks ago. I will do so by addressing some of the negative comments one by one.

1. The elevators are too slow. Me and my wife were there 4 days and the longest I had to wait to catch an elevator was about 25 seconds.

2. The staff is rude. This couldn't be further from my experience. We arrived very late and needed to rent a luggage cart. The security guard with the carts didn't have a key so he radioed another guard to come unlock them. I saw this guard RUNNING to get to us in a timely manner. Both guards were very nice and apologized that I had to wait a couple of minutes. The rest of the staff (of which there are many) was always smiling and asking if we needed anything. I also saw staff helping older couples get into and out of the elevators and generally going above and beyond to help out.

3. Building not clean. Couldn't be more wrong. The staff is CONSTANTLY cleaning the windows, the carpets, the bathrooms. I even observed staff wiping down front doors on individual units. The pool and hot tub areas were spotless. I couldn't even find a chewing gum wrapper on the grounds in 4 days. Nothing. I would say this place rivals WDW in its cleanliness.

4. Distance from parking deck to unit. While the deck is across the street from the building, there are 2 air conditioned walkways to use. And all condos built in the last 10 years use this same set up. So I timed myself multiple times from the door of my unit to my car in the parking deck and the average time was about 3 minutes. I was on the 9th floor and usually parked on the 4th floor of the deck. Basically, you just have to know where you are going.

5. Also, some have complained about the amenities but I don't know why. The theater, restaurants, workout room, arcade, hot tubs and pools are all top notch and well kept.

Lastly, just for fun I went to the top of the parking deck to check out the tennis court. I don't even think Americans play tennis anymore but low and behold it was well maintained and clean also.

So in summary, I don't really know what some of the negative reviews are talking about. We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property to anyone.

4 Thank E_in_Bama
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for providing this informative and positive feedback. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and assure other travelers of our wonderful resort. We are very proud of our property and our staff. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations and I am so pleased that we could do so for your recent visit. We hope to see you again soon, when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Rochester, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just came home from what we hoped would be a wonderful stay at this resort. It is portrayed on their website as being so nice. We found out the true story and paid a very steep price for that truth. Since things are never all bad, I will state the positives first. We had a great view of the ocean, a jacuzzi tub in our room and a king size bed. Parking was free. It is located close to a couple nice restaurants. Not too far from Pier Park. There is a Walmart within walking distance if you need anything. (Don't consider their store unless you don;t mind paying $2.50 for a $.50 bar of soap.) DVD rentals in the lobby were also free. That came in handy on the one rainy afternoon we had. (However, I will get back to the DVD situation in a moment.)

Now for the negatives and there were many. First, and most important, the one bedroom condo we stayed in was filthy. The first thing we noticed when we entered was the bad smell. We promptly went to buy a room deodorizer. The walls and floors were filthy. Since I wasn't sure if they were stains we were looking at, my husband took a wet paper towel and went over the floor. It came up black. The bathroom had mold and mildew on the walls and in the corners,. The upholstery of the chairs and furniture stunk. There was bird droppings all over the chairs on our balcony. Although I am sure the resort has no control over the seagull, if they are expecting guests in an empty room, at least clean off the chairs before the guests arrive. This had hardened and had been there for some time. Something kept biting me in our bedroom the entire time we were there. There were two rolls of toilet paper in the condo with instructions on the only sheet of information in the condo, that if we needed any further supplies we would have to buy our own. By the way, don't look for a helpful booklet of information here. You will find a sheet of paper that will tell you about the non-existent security and safety (how you will have to use your room key after 10:00 pm to enter the building and the elevator which was not the case), costs to use the phone ($.58 a minute for local calls???), extra charges for cleaning (there is already an exorbitant $85 cleaning fee and I am not sure for what since the condo was filthy), property tags that were never issued, pool times, and you will have to call the internet provider company if you have trouble getting internet access. ( When you do get access, unfortunately, you can only get reception by standing in certain areas of the condo according to the internet provider). We found that to be an accurate statement. There were only two areas that we could get reception. There is no safe in the condo. We had a very tiny bottle of shampoo and conditioner, two small packets of dishwasher detergent, two very tiny bars of soap, no paper towels, no cleaning supplies to clean the filthy floor, no coffee filters for the coffee maker, and no laundry detergent for the washing machine.

Back to the DVDs. My husband had three remotes to work with, We could not get the DVD player to work. When we called down to the desk to ask for directions, no one could help us and told us there was no maintenance on duty either. It was the middle of the afternoon. After about half and hour, he finally figured it out himself.

There was no booklet telling us where anything was in the building, There was supposedly a gym and movie theater but when we called on the fourth day to find out where things were located and what time the movie ran, we were told the movie only ran on Tuesday and Friday at one specific time and it was a children's movie.

Their pools, with the exception of the indoor one, are in the shade for a greater part of the morning, so they are freezing cold. We were shocked the first time we went down to them to find out that they do not provide pool towels. We have never been to a resort that did not provide pool towels.

We booked a package deal for the Gulfcoast Jam. Our reservations said Edgewater when we booked the reservations. We were required to pay in full with no refund at the time of the booking. So we attempted to speak with the manager at Edgewater. Despite that, we were told this resort is a separate resort from Edgewater. She told me we had to speak with the manager at Majestic Towers as they were separate resorts even though they are all a part of the Resort Collection. So we spoke with the manager at Majestic Towers. She offered to move us to another room, but we were all unpacked and settled in. What amazed us was her attitude. No offer to compensate. No apology. Nothing. Every person we spoke to, put the blame on someone else. Absolutely no one took responsibility for anything at this resort. She tried to put the blame on the organizers of the Gulfcoast Jam and took no responsibility. In fact, we have never met a more disinterested person in pleasing a guest in the hospitality business.

I might add, we rent a one bedroom condo in Myrtle Beach every year and starter supplies are always provided for guests. There are no cleaning charges and the condos are immaculate at half the price of this filthy resort. When I pointed this out to the front desk the reply was " Well this isn't Myrtle Beach". IT SURE WAS NOT! But they sure could learn a thing or two about the hospitality industry.

We left vowing never to go back and you might think that is the end of the story. But believe it or not, when we got home, I decided to look at my credit card charges. After giving us the bill, which we paid in full a month before we even went and it was fully paid when we left the resort with a $1.00 credit, I noticed a $4.60 charge on my credit card. I called the resort immediately. I was told it was for a call we made from the room. Well, we made no calls from our room. I had my cell phone with me and at $.58 a minute for local calls, I refused to use their phone. I pointed this out to the young lady at the desk and she agreed to take the charge off.

A few locals told us the good reviews for this resort come from the people who rent from the private condo owners. We would never recommend to anyone to stay at this resort. We spoke to several people while there who said it does not have a good reputation with the locals and it certainly did not meet the expectations of anyone we spoke with who was staying there while we were there.

7 Thank vade713
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
We do appreciate you providing this very detailed feedback. Your information is helpful in us determining areas that we can improve upon. As you mentioned, Majestic is one of the premier properties with a great reputation. Our goal is to deliver a wonderful stay with excellent customer service and it certainly sounds like we did not fulfill this during your past visit. I assure you that we had many visitors for the Gulf Coast Jam concert and received great feedback on the event as well as our property. We do hope that you will return so that we can deliver the quality accommodations that we are used to providing and that you are used to receiving.

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Georgia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was our fifth time staying here over the last few years. I do believe it will be our last. The resort doesn't seem to be fairing well over time. For example, all of the entrance doors require key card access after hours, yet none of them are actually working. The entrance gate to the garage stays up all week long. You have to check in with security and give them your drivers license to hold if you want to use a luggage cart. This seems very economy/low brow to me. The security guard said it was because they all disappeared during spring break. They actually have them tied down with padlocks in the lobby. News flash, it's September. The desk in tower two is not staffed. If you need anything, you have to walk to the other tower for assistance. Wifi is rather pricey and works sporadically, at best. The room had housekeeping issues, as it did.the last time we stayed. Mold in grout, icemaker broken, microwave dirty, etc. The led lighting down the stairs down to the beach is out, so it's dark and a little but of a hazard without a flashlight. The rooms has seen plenty of use and the couch is worn out. One of the main elevators was out of service our last day.

On the positve side, the view and convenience of the location is excellent. The pools are well maintained and clean. The staff we encountered were very friendly. The place is just showing it's age and attention to detail seems to be getting lost. It's doesn't feel as majestic as it once did.

Room Tip: Book through the hotel directly. Quality of independently rented units is below the hotel standards.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hambojambo
Thank you for providing this feedback. I will certainly mention your feedback to the appropriate departments including the Homeowner’s Association with regards to the upkeep of the building. The building is very well maintained and has fulltime maintenance and housekeeping crew on-hand. I do apologize that you did not experience this, but I am pleased to hear that the staff was helpful. Please be advised that we do provide complimentary wifi throughout the property. We hope that you will return to experience the property and that your concerns have been addressed.
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We pain 150 more for cleaning and other fees I think it tooo much but the hotel was very nicely keeped. the hot tub were not hot at times I didnt like that at all. There was a lil mice running from one bush to another while I was in the hot tub. We were on the 20th floor the view was amazing it did rain alot while we were there but we love it we had a great anniversary.

• Stayed September 2013
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for writing this feedback. We are so glad that you chose our resort to celebrate your anniversary. I will address the items you mentioned with the appropriate departments. We hope to see you back at Majestic Beach Resort to experience our amazing beach views again.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2013

One thing I do not appreciate about this property is the outrageous cleaning fees associated with the rooms. I believe I paid $150 MORE than what I had already pre-paid for the room.

Now that the negative is out of the way, my wife and I both really enjoyed the property, the room(we did have to move since our room did not have A/C, hot water, or a working refrigerator, they did upgrade us for free with no hassles) it is a nicely kept property. we did not eat at the restaurant, but did get to rent newly released movies for free with the room, got a beach package with the room and discount cards that can be used throughout PCB.

overall I'd say if you're okay spending a little bit, you do have a great stay.

Room Tip: Eat at Fatty's Sandwich Shop across from the Calypso resort!! (in a storefront attached to the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay at Majestic. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip. We do have cleaning fees and a damage waiver fee that are very consistent in the Panama City Beach condominium market. We hope to see you again soon, so that you can enjoy another great beach vacation.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

It is incredibly over priced, everything (restaurant, pools, arcade) closes at 10pm and staff isn't very friendly, knowledgeable or courteous. I will not stay here again and strongly recommend you think twice before booking.

1 Thank sarahchance00
I am surprised at your feedback as most visitors enjoy and rave about our resort. The hours of operations do vary based on seasonality. Without any more descriptions on your opinions, I can’t offer much more than to try us again as I am confident that our resort is a wonderful beach location.
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

3rd visit in 2 years! Each time we stay it gets better and better. Raining this trip so indoor pool was great. Love the amenities (theatre, gym, pools) and love Starbucks in the Lobby. Kid friendly and staff very helpful and polite. Will return here next visit to PCB! See ya soon!

1 Thank Silverfoxmama
Thank you for providing this great feedback. We love to hear how much you enjoy your time at Majestic and that you are a repeat visitor. We are looking forward to your next trip here soon!