“okay......”

Majestic Beach Towers
Georgia
“okay......”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was our fifth time staying here over the last few years. I do believe it will be our last. The resort doesn't seem to be fairing well over time. For example, all of the entrance doors require key card access after hours, yet none of them are actually working. The entrance gate to the garage stays up all week long. You have to check in with security and give them your drivers license to hold if you want to use a luggage cart. This seems very economy/low brow to me. The security guard said it was because they all disappeared during spring break. They actually have them tied down with padlocks in the lobby. News flash, it's September. The desk in tower two is not staffed. If you need anything, you have to walk to the other tower for assistance. Wifi is rather pricey and works sporadically, at best. The room had housekeeping issues, as it did.the last time we stayed. Mold in grout, icemaker broken, microwave dirty, etc. The led lighting down the stairs down to the beach is out, so it's dark and a little but of a hazard without a flashlight. The rooms has seen plenty of use and the couch is worn out. One of the main elevators was out of service our last day.

On the positve side, the view and convenience of the location is excellent. The pools are well maintained and clean. The staff we encountered were very friendly. The place is just showing it's age and attention to detail seems to be getting lost. It's doesn't feel as majestic as it once did.

Room Tip: Book through the hotel directly. Quality of independently rented units is below the hotel standards.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hambojambo
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for providing this feedback. I will certainly mention your feedback to the appropriate departments including the Homeowner’s Association with regards to the upkeep of the building. The building is very well maintained and has fulltime maintenance and housekeeping crew on-hand. I do apologize that you did not experience this, but I am pleased to hear that the staff was helpful. Please be advised that we do provide complimentary wifi throughout the property. We hope that you will return to experience the property and that your concerns have been addressed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We pain 150 more for cleaning and other fees I think it tooo much but the hotel was very nicely keeped. the hot tub were not hot at times I didnt like that at all. There was a lil mice running from one bush to another while I was in the hot tub. We were on the 20th floor the view was amazing it did rain alot while we were there but we love it we had a great anniversary.

• Stayed September 2013
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for writing this feedback. We are so glad that you chose our resort to celebrate your anniversary. I will address the items you mentioned with the appropriate departments. We hope to see you back at Majestic Beach Resort to experience our amazing beach views again.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2013

One thing I do not appreciate about this property is the outrageous cleaning fees associated with the rooms. I believe I paid $150 MORE than what I had already pre-paid for the room.

Now that the negative is out of the way, my wife and I both really enjoyed the property, the room(we did have to move since our room did not have A/C, hot water, or a working refrigerator, they did upgrade us for free with no hassles) it is a nicely kept property. we did not eat at the restaurant, but did get to rent newly released movies for free with the room, got a beach package with the room and discount cards that can be used throughout PCB.

overall I'd say if you're okay spending a little bit, you do have a great stay.

Room Tip: Eat at Fatty's Sandwich Shop across from the Calypso resort!! (in a storefront attached to the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay at Majestic. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip. We do have cleaning fees and a damage waiver fee that are very consistent in the Panama City Beach condominium market. We hope to see you again soon, so that you can enjoy another great beach vacation.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

It is incredibly over priced, everything (restaurant, pools, arcade) closes at 10pm and staff isn't very friendly, knowledgeable or courteous. I will not stay here again and strongly recommend you think twice before booking.

1 Thank sarahchance00
I am surprised at your feedback as most visitors enjoy and rave about our resort. The hours of operations do vary based on seasonality. Without any more descriptions on your opinions, I can’t offer much more than to try us again as I am confident that our resort is a wonderful beach location.

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

3rd visit in 2 years! Each time we stay it gets better and better. Raining this trip so indoor pool was great. Love the amenities (theatre, gym, pools) and love Starbucks in the Lobby. Kid friendly and staff very helpful and polite. Will return here next visit to PCB! See ya soon!

1 Thank Silverfoxmama
Thank you for providing this great feedback. We love to hear how much you enjoy your time at Majestic and that you are a repeat visitor. We are looking forward to your next trip here soon!
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a few years ago and can tell the recession has taken a toll. The property needs a little more refreshing. Pools are still great and the parking is very convenient. Overall, an enjoyable destination. Hope they put a bit into keeping up the common areas before we return.

• Stayed September 2013
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for providing this feedback. I assure you that we take great care of the common areas of the property, so I encourage you to contact us back if you can provide any specific details. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and of course the excellent pools. We hope that you will return soon to Majestic when your travel plans bring you back to the Panama City Beach area.
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Majestic Beach Resort this past week for the WSL softball tournament. It is right on the beach which is very convenient and we had 3 rooms and they were able to get them all fairly close to each other at check in. I wish there was a way to get all 3 rooms together when booking together, but I was told that was not possible and they were at least up front with the policy that rooms are assigned at check in. That was really my only gripe other than the arm bands they make you have. We were never once asked to see them and I rarely ever took mine with me as they are supposedly a $50 charge if you lose one. I feel they are given out as a reason to possibly charge someone for a missing one. We did not have an issue though and did not lose any of the 24 arm bands we received.

The rooms were nice and the views were amazing from the 18th floor. We did not have any issues with wait times for the elevators this past week, but probably because it is more offseason. Out of the probably at least 100 wait staff people I passed with my stay over 5 days, there was maybe one or two that did not greet me and that is amazing that they take time to greet people as they pass them in the hallways or out and about.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend this resort to anyone else who would want to stay here. The restaurant and bar on site was also nice as it was right next to the pool as well.

Room Tip: We had no elevator wait problems in September staying up on the 18th floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robert S
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Majestic Beach Towers, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for providing this great feedback. We are so glad to hear how much you and your team with the World Softball League enjoyed your recent visit to Majestic Beach Resort. For the security of our registered guests, we charge the $50 pool tag fee to discourage people from selling the tags to unregistered guests. We appreciate your comments regarding the staff hospitality. I will be sure to pass along your nice feedback to our team. We work hard to make sure that our guests have a wonderful visit to Panama City Beach and we are so glad that you had this experience. We look forward to seeing you next year or hopefully sooner.