Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiums
New Jersey
“Yuck”
Reviewed March 25, 2007

This place is gross. I stayed in the hotel and was absolutely disgusted by every aspect of this establishment. I went on spring break and was not expecting much and I was still terribly disappointed. The staff is extremely rude. They are horrible people who need serious lessons in hospitality. They rooms are also disgusting. I thought that I was going to get a disease from staying there. We also got maid service only one day of the six that we stayed there. Overall, this hotel was the worst part of my trip. PCB is a nice place to go and I would definately go back, I just wouldn't stay at the Boardwalk Beach Resort.

• Liked — That it was located in the fun city of Panama City Beach, Fl.
  • Disliked — Everything about the disgusting hotel and the staff.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank katie94523

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
georgia
Reviewed August 28, 2006

Please pay attention to what your booking for because people always get the hotel and the condo mixed up dont ask me how but it happens. I love the boardwalk it is a beautiful place to stay! The view is wonderful and they are all gulf front units so thats nice too. You have your own private balcony which is great to have and the condos are very spacious. The overall all environment makes you feel like you are in the islands or something. The tiki bar is great to have also. You can just sit back and relax and let your children play in the splash zone while your sipping on a nice cocktail. The resevations staff is the best. They were very helpful to me when i had crazy questions to ask them before i got there. But just a few words of advise do not book at the hotel unless you are really trying to save money. The east building is getting remodeled soon so it should be nice to stay in then but for now i would splurge a little and get a condo. It's worth it. Also for all the people that put down the condo they are probley to good to be staying in the condo if you know what i mean. Take my word for it plan a vacation at the boardwalk beach resort , you'll love it.

• Liked — the rooms and the outside pool area
  • Disliked — didnt have one
  • Tips/Secrets — call and ask about resevations NOW!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
8 Thank vbrae711
Atlanta
Reviewed August 5, 2006

Stayed at The Boardwalk Beach Resort July 29 - Aug. 4. We rented a 2 bedroom through [--]. Stayed on the 6th floor. Great condo There was a band out by the pool & tiki bar on Fri. & Sat. nights. They set up a large movie screen on the beach on Thur. night & played a childrens movie. I highly recommend this condo. No problems what so ever!!

• Liked — Beautiful Condo inside & out!
  • Disliked — No air conditioning in elevators
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank tb41167
Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2006

When we got there we had to wait 30 mins in a long line before we could check in. Then I had paid for 2 nights and the lady was very rude and told me she only had me down for one night and that I would need to come down first thing in the morning to see if they could reserve me a room, but there was no guarantee. I booked thru hotels.com and the verified, confimed, and charged my card for 2 nights. So I had to ask for a manager and hotels.com had to call the hotel to get it straight. That problem that resolved. The next day we found a roach in the room and also the key card stopped working. So we had to go to the desk where the girl named Nicole had the worst attitude. We informed her that the customer service there was horrible and that everyone had attitudes. Her response was "Well everyone else has an attitude." This took me by shock and very unprofessional. I must say I will never ever stay there again. And also for now on I will read the reviews before booking.

2 Thank tierra_harrison86

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2006

The condo was beautiful, clean and nicely furnished for a rental. My only complaint is the small size of the pool for the amount of guests at the condo.

People would go to the pool area when it opened at 10 am and put towels on 6 or more loungers and then go back up to their room only to return an hour or more later. We had a great vantage point from the third floor deck. Every lounger was "taken" by 10:05, but there were actually only 5 to 10 people in the pool area. It is surprising that so many people preferred hanging at the pool instead of the beautiful beach that was right in view.

The kid's pool was underutilized because most adults just put their kids in the beach entry of the main pool and let them play. The pool could have been twice as large and it still would have been crowded. If you love lots of action and noise, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a relaxing place to stay, this is not the place.

• Liked — Nice condo
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank Vacationers03
atlanta
Reviewed July 25, 2006

My family and I just returned from a week long stay at the Boardwalk Beach Resort. We rented a 2 bedroom condo from a family member's friend. The condo was located on the 22nd floor. Beautiful views!! I would recommend staying as high up as possible. You can not beat waking up to the beautiful views of the ocean and eating breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean. The condo itself was updated and nicely furnished. There was a big screen TV in the family room area and TV's in each bedroom.
I do agree that the pool is small for the number of guests at the resort. However, we had no problems getting in the pool and enjoying ourselves. When we wanted to relax by the pool, we went over to the kiddie pool area and relaxed there. Even found some shade there to relax in. The kiddie area was wonderful! We traveled with a 3 year old and she truly enjoyed the kiddie area. It was not crowded so she was able to enjoy it without agressive older kids splashing on her.
The beach was beautiful. We did not like the seaweed that seemed to collect at the shore. Some days the seaweed was worse than others. The ocean water is so clear that one morning from our balcony we spotted a shark! The shark was very close to the shore but it was early morning so no one was in the water.
All in all this resort was awesome and we will definately stay again. We did not encounter any rude staff people and our room was available when we got there. The only bad thing I have to say about the resort is the elevators! There is no air in the elevators and it can get very stuffy and hot in them. While we were there, a few of them would get stuck mid floors. I could only imagine being stuck in the elevator with no air.

• Liked — Views and the closeness to the beach. The room was spacious and nice.
  • Disliked — The elevators
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank ga-girl23
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2006

My family (2 kids and 2 adults) stayed here the last week in June. The room was ready two hours before check in and the room was beautiful! We got a 2 bedroom and couldn't have been happier. It was so spacious and beautifully decorated. The pool was comfortable-who wants a hot pool when it is 90 degrees outside?? We never encountered any problems with rude employees at the pool, nor will anyone if you obey the rules and hours. If hours had not been enforced, then people would complain about too much noise at night. (This was not a problem here!) This was a great place for families, my children wanted me to say its the BEST and kid friendly. We really felt like we had a little piece of paradise for the 4 nights we were there. Don't worry about booking this hotel. You will be soo glad you did!!

• Stayed June 2006