“Horrible, go somewhere else”

Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiums
Farmington
“Horrible, go somewhere else”
Reviewed November 9, 2007

First of all, the registration desk was nowhere near the condos. I had arrived by taxi and had a ton of Ironman gear that I had to get down a long driveway, through a construction zone and back up another long driveway. It took close to an hour to get checked in at the front desk there was such a line. The condo I was in was cheaply furnished and poorly designed. The whole place is charmless and impersonal. I made reservations elsewhere for next year and have advised my friends to do the same.
It would be a nice place if you have kids that can have fun playing on the beach all day, as the beach is very nice. Overall I thought PCB was sterile and uninteresting, and this complex was the worst.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank NewMexic0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Cypress, California
Reviewed September 25, 2007

recently stayed at the Boardwalk this past week end, and want to convey how appalled we were with the management team and general customer service. In all my years of traveling I have never felt the need to express my horror at the asst mgr Cindy's customer service. She was rude and generally did not care about our concerns. In fact she told us she did not have time for this. The only staff member we came across during our whole time there that was hospitable was the lady who mopped the lobby floor.

The resort closed on friday due to a 20mph rain storm and in fact it appeared as if most of the employees left for the day prior to noon. I can only imagine if I was a homeowner how upset I would have been if this was an investment property.

I will never stay at an RAH property again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank rjcro

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Clinton Twp, MI
Reviewed August 23, 2007

The Boardwalk was everything we expected and soooo much more. We planned to totally endulge ourselves in luxury and thats exactly what we did. From enjoying our morning coffee on the balcony overlooking the beach, to the walk-in pool ( no steps), to watching the sunset, it was great. The Boardwalk even set up a movie on the beach for anyone who wished to participate on Wednesday evening. I couldn't have asked for a nicer, cleaner establishment. Staff was very friendly, and helpful, the condo was well equipted and very nice. The pool was absoutely beautiful and there was even a water park type area for the little ones. The beach area was just gorgeous with many things to do within walking distance.
The only short coming was the housekeeping staff. There seemed to be an over-abundance of employees in the housekeeping area that really were not interested in working. We had to call EVERY day to get the proper amount of towels. I don't think asking for 1 towel and 1 washcloth per person is unreasonable. Some things are just expected, like making the bed, sweeping the floor, wiping out the sink and tub, emptying the waste baskets. If you weren't specific about what you wanted, they would just take the towels and leave and do NOTHING else.
Management, please check on your housekeeping staff. I'm sure you would like to be paying people for actually working.
All in all, I would not let this stop me from staying at this establishment again. We had a great time and I would definately go back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Housekeeping
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank girlz_on_the_go
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 6, 2007

My husband & I just returned from a week's stay at the Boardwalk Beach Resort Condos in Panama City Beach, FL. I must say I was wa little scared after reading some of the reviews about the place..But it was really that nice. Some things I feel travelers need to know are; 1) you need to check in/check out at a different building, which wasn't a big deal, but if you would have known it would have been one less stop. The building is located aside of the condo building. 2) There is no ice machine located in the building (none that we could find). We did ask and was told there was one 2 buildings down. 3) If you flew there (like we did) and thus did not have beach chairs or a beach umbrella, you can rent them on the beach, but they are very expensive. We went to Walmart and purchased inexpensive chairs and an umbrella and left them in our condo, hoping someone else could use them. 4) They are a little strict with pool rules, no throwing balls and they check to see if you're wearing your bracelet that tells them you are staying at the condos. We didn't have a problem with this but some people did.
Overall the place was very clean and Panama City Beach was very nice..Not too commercialized which was fine by us....

OH
Reviewed August 2, 2007

We stayed the Boardwalk Condos July-28-Aug. 4. We had a nice time. We rented through VRBO rather than booking through the resort. I was disappointed in the cleanliness of our unit. I thought by renting from an owner the unit would be cleaner? However this did not put a damper on our good time. We just will be more carefull next time. It was a nice touch to have "movie night" down on the beach for the kids. I thought the resort thought of families when they came up with that idea. We didn't have much interaction with the staff. The poolside bar staff was nice. Pool security staff was ok. Overall it was nice.

• Stayed July 2007
Ark
Reviewed July 28, 2007

My 3 children and my 4 grandchildren (6, 4,4, 2) booked a 3 Bedroom 3 bath deluxe Unit in October, 2006 for our July vacation. I called twice the week of the vacation to see what unit we were being placed in as I needed a condo on a relatively low floor because of 4 small children. I was told they could not tell me because they assigned rooms the day of check in. Check in was a joke! I was told I had a 2 Bedroom with an efficiency attached. The front desk staff (which is at least a block away) is rude and very uninformative. I asked for mesh since they placed us on the 20th floor to put on the patio and was informed they didn't do that because they were built to code and the only way for a 2 year child to fall was to be pushed between the rails. Needless to say - I had to buy my own mesh and my son-in-law installed for safety purposes. Refrigerator and freezer never worked properly - reported it at least twice a day for first 3 days and gave up. The freezer door would not stay shut. We put a flashlight between the two doors to keep it shut. The last day the ice cream was melted in the freezer. Thank goodness we had the efficiency refrigerator and ice chests. They told us there was too much food in the refrigerator and it would take 24 to 48 hours to cool! Both showers leaked water all over the floor like crazy; the TV's sound was screwed up. Their ad promised a free beach umbrella and chairs - which they stopped sometime during the summer so I had to pay for 2. The developer should have put in 2 pools - very crowded at all times of the day. The one thing was good was the Kid Pool!! The web site promotes Starbucks in the pool restaurant. This means they make their coffee with Starbuck coffee. They do not cook their food there - you order and they go to conventional center to pick it up. Burgers were burned. Bar Tender was very nice. Maid service was a joke. Either non existent or they showed up at 8 am when kids were eating or at 6 or 7 pm when kids were going down. Get your extra towels when you can. I got more information on property amenities from security guards than the front desk people. We had to get ALL our keys redone at least once a day! there was no check in information packet and if I hadn't been asking questions to which I mostly got very short answers - I would not have known anything. THe space in the condo was good. The unit was not very clean. The kitchen was not equipped to cook much of anything. We had to call to request bowls to make salad in. We had no broom, no mop, no dustpan, no vacuum. We broke a jar of jelly and try cleaning that up with paper towels. - will never go back to Panama City or the condo!!!!! Paid $2500 for the week for stress - could have stayed home

• Liked — the kid pool
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank destinlover54
Barboursville
Reviewed July 19, 2007

My husband (31) and I (24) just returned from a wonderful stay at the Boardwalk Condos. We stayed July 15-19. When I called to make reservations, the 1 bedroom condos where all full, and we didn't need all the room of a 2 bedroom, so the lady offered an effiency room in the condo building. I was told the room was "gulf front". I went ahead and made the reservation. I called the Boardwalk a couple days prior to our arrival just to confirm my reservation. Again, during this call I made sure the room was "gulf front" not a side view. The lady assured me that all room was "gulf front".
We arrived in PCB around 2:30pm from a 12 hour drive. We went ahead to the check in building knowing that check in was not until 4:00pm. We paid the rest of our charges and the front desk lady took my cell phone number and said she would call as soon as our room was ready. I received a call from her at 4:30pm that the room was ready.
Once we got to the room, I found that we had a "side view", first thing I called the front desk... and ended up talking to the manager. I explained during the call that I had confirmed that our room was "gulf front" twice. He offered us a 2 bedroom condo but wanted us to pay the difference, he also offered us a room at another location but again we had to pay the difference. After an hour or so of being disappointed we got over it and decided to stay in the room we had.
The room was georgous (see pics). The pool area was nice, and the fitness room looked really nice, although we didn't use it.
Other than the mix up with room, I don't have a single complaint about the property. I would recommend anyone to stay there.

• Liked — The whole resort is beautiful!
  • Disliked — The mix up with our room.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple