“The name is how you'll feel.”

Dirty Dick's Crab House
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: We strive for wholesome, fresh made food. All of our fish are fresh, our shrimp are wild-caught domestic & our crab is fresh blue crab ( not Asian blue swimming crab ). The crab list here is the largest variety around to include Blue Crab , Alaskan King Crab, Snow Crab, Dungeness Crab and Jonah Crab. Crawfish is offered seasonally. We present ourselves as "Seafood with a New Orleans Accent" with nuances of Chesapeake Bay. Since we are originally from New Orleans, we also have entrees like Shrimp Etoufee and other Cajun/Creole delicacies. Our lunch specials start at $7.99 daily.
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is always packed with cars so we decided to give it a try. We came in and were seated right away. It was not crowded and after looking around at the bland appearance I felt a little bit "dirty". I decided not to order food, but my husband and kids did. My husband ordered shrimp and grits and my kids ordered a hamburger and chicken fingers. They all said it was pretty good. I guess if you can get past the "dirty" appearance of the restaurant the food is okay. I saw 2 different families leave without ordering before we were finished. Not sure what that was about. I guess in a way they live up to their name,
because you do feel "dirty" when you leave.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

While in vacation in the Outer Banks. North Carolina, my father-in-law and I stopped for lunch at Dirty Dick's Crab House. The atmosphere was similar to what you might find at a T.G.I.Friday's or an Applebee's; flair on the walls and local decorations. The service was good, our waitress was attentive and friendly. She was a local and answered our questions about the Banks. My father-in-law ordered the crab melt, which has enjoyed and I had the all-you-can-eat seafood basket. I had my choice of fried shrimp, scallops, or whitefish. The best thing was that I could change from one to another when I reordered. The basket came with a good amount of fries, tartar sauce and a cup of horseradish, to which I added ketchup and hot sauce, to create my own cocktail sauce. I liked that, as a could control how spicy or tame it would be. The popcorn shrimp was tasty and a had two helpings. The fish was a whitefish, good but a little bland. The scallops were my least favorite. They tasted slightly metallic and were a bit overdone. The saving grace was that I didn't have to eat them. I could simply order another basket of shrimp or fish. The cost was pretty good for all you could eat fresh seafood, about $17. If you are not a fan of fried food, they had an extensive menu with all kinds of choices. I would recommend this establishment for those looking for a quick, good tasting meal.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I really didn't want to eat there because the name of the place was just nasty! But when you see people lined up outside you know it's got to be good food.
Started out with a dozen raw oysters and moved on into the amberjack fillet for dinner. My friend had the friend shrimp plate and was unable to finish it because there was so much food!
Downfall was not enough seating at the bar area prior to dinner.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

we arrived and was seated promptly. the server was very quiet and did not know the menu well. everything we asked about was his favorite but he couldn't describe what was in it.

we ordered the calamari and it was over cooked and chewy. I have bought calamari for bait that smelled better than what we were served.

I had the frog legs and they were GREASY, like they took them out of the fryer and then dunked them in some warm oil. I used 2 paper towels to blot the excess grease off them and they were completely covered with grease spots. the food was bland, and by bland I mean I have tasted fast food that had more flavor than this place. I put a TON of salt on the stuff to make it have some sort of flavor other than grease. My wife had the creole shrimp that smelled like straight tomato sauce and tasted worse.

my drink glass (clear) had a layer of filth on the inside so it was replaced with a red glass that I couldn't tell if there was a layer inside or not.

was overpriced for the crap quality of food we were served. we had a 15% off coupon and it was still overpriced. I wouldn't go back if I was paid to eat there.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went out to eat with 13 people(adults and children). We thought we were going to have to wait, but we were seated right away. Our food was good, our waiter did a good job of trying to keep up with all of his tables and our large group. We've eaten here before and will probably be back again.