“Hands down the best......”

Dirty Dick's Crab House
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: We strive for wholesome, fresh made food. All of our fish are fresh, our shrimp are wild-caught domestic & our crab is fresh blue crab ( not Asian blue swimming crab ). The crab list here is the largest variety around to include Blue Crab , Alaskan King Crab, Snow Crab, Dungeness Crab and Jonah Crab. Crawfish is offered seasonally. We present ourselves as "Seafood with a New Orleans Accent" with nuances of Chesapeake Bay. Since we are originally from New Orleans, we also have entrees like Shrimp Etoufee and other Cajun/Creole delicacies. Our lunch specials start at $7.99 daily.
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Hands down the best......”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

It may not look like much from the inside of the outside, but man they have great seafood. My husband had the popcorn shrimp/popcorn chicken combo. The chicken was a tad dry. He got chicken tenders the second time around and they were great. I had the oysters both times along with the gulf shrimp and they were DIVINE. They know how to cook seafood. I wanted to try the clams, but they were out. They had great fried pickles. We got their crab claws which were good, but they put them in a bed of jambalaya which I'm not a fan of, but my husband really liked it. This is a place we will always come back to for their variety of food and their great tastes.

Visited May 2012

Claremore, Ok
“Lunched at Dirty Dicks and Did Not Get Crabs”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Who could drive past an establishment named Dirty Dicks and not wonder what goes on in that place? Well, it's a seafood restaurant specializing in..wait for it....local seafood. The menu states that their shrimp is Wild Caught and all-American.

Upon entering the restaurant and checking in with the hostess, I noted that the hostess stand could use a new coat of white paint and that my feet (flip flops) were sticking to the floor. Not exactly a good first impression. I was hoping that's not why they call it Dirty Dicks. But i was in the mood for some fried Gulf shrimp and no sticky floor was going to get in my way.

I was seated near the window; the floor was either sticky here as well, or my flip flops still had residue left on the bottoms from my entry at the doorway. Nonetheless, my server, Tina, was quick to greet me and ask for my drink order. I just ordered iced tea. I've been burned so many times ordering an alcoholic drink during my stay in Panama City Beach that I've given up on imbibing mixed drinks at a restaurant.

Dirty Dicks menu has one of the largest assortment of seafood on any PCB restaurant that i've tried during my stay. Crabs look to be their speciality - but I'm here for the Gulf shrimp. Iordered from the dinner menu (they have very reasonably priced lunch menu items as well). The large fried shrimp dinner comes with two sides, crinkle cut french fries and coleslaw. I ordered an additional side, creamy cheese grits.

The Gulf shrimp was indeed larger than most of the other restaurants' shrimp and the breading was just right. The crinkle cut fries were okay. I wasn't expecting much taste since they are probably pulled out of a large plastic bag in the kitchen and dumped into a fryer. As for the coleslaw, it was average. A cream-based dressing that just didn't have much flavor. I salted mine to see if it would help but it still didn't have much punch.

I paid $3.99 for the additional side order, the creamy cheese grits. And they were definately better than Montego Bays...but still not up to what I expected. The cheddar cheese grated over the top of the grits was overkill. It added to the grease content without adding any flavor. If you're adding fat to a dish...make sure it adds to the flavor and doesn't just add to the dish's sheen.

Key Lime Pie, the region's most sought after dessert. I had to try Dirty Dicks' version of the Gulf Coast mainstay. It was priced at $4.99 but when the slice arrived I was huge. It was more like two slices of pie. Unfortunately, this is another one of those times when more is less. Dirty Dick's Key Lime Pie is gelatinous and Eagle Brand's sweetened condensed milk has to be the primary ingredient because of it's chalky aftertaste. Plus there's not much key lime flavor.

Dirty Dicks could use a good washing down but I recommend you try them for the local, wild-caught seafood. As for the dishes that accompany the seafood to your table- perhaps try their something else instead of the crinkle cut fries, coleslaw and cheese grits.

• Visited May 2012
“Typical tourist place”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate here and it was fine. We were by ourselves and were able to be seated at the bar, which kept us from waiting forever. From what I've read on here, this may not be the place to come with a large party. My advice, if there is anyway possible, sit at the bar. I mean, anywhere you go to eat on vacation is going to be crowded and overpriced, prepare yourself. Oh, and get you t shirt, at least!!

Hoboken, Georgia, United States
“Fair food at Expensive prices!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My family of four went to Dirty dicks after seeing someone's tee shirt. We went for a late lunch, so they were not busy. We were seated immediately and our service was good. The down side was that they were out of some of the things that we wanted. My husband ordered ribs and he didn't care for them. My son and I ordered the alll you can eat seafood baskets. The food portions were good but the seafood was bland. The side items were great. The hush puppies, sweet potato fries and cheesy corn grits were awesome. There was nothing fabulous about the atmosphere either. It really isn't on our "to do " list next time.

• Visited April 2012
Indianapolis
“So Good!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Food was delicious!! The hush puppies are the best! I normally hate hush puppies but these were like non other that I have tried. They even had bits of corn in them. I had the a half order of crabs which was half of a crab. . . little bit pricy but good, and my husband had the all you could eat basket. He loved it and the refills were huge! Our service was just okay but the food made up for it!

• Visited April 2012