Comfort Suites Panama City Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Ocean Breeze By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
View Hotel
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)
  • Pool
Holiday Terrace Motel(Panama City Beach)
  • Pool
Beach Tower By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
View Hotel
Chateau Motel(Panama City Beach)
  • Pool
Coconut Grove Motor Inn(Panama City Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskmini fridge and microwaveroom was cleancomfortable stayvery nice hotelsitting areaspring breakfree breakfasttwo queen bedshalf mileconvenient locationpull out coucha great stayfirst floorpanama citycoffee makerup to date
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Of course January is off season but great rates, room and staff! Weather was 72 degrees anyway! Too bad I was on business and didn't get to enjoy it much. Central time zone sun sets around 5:15! Rats! Very convenient to everything!!! Couple of blocks to the beach.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, second visit here and I will stay all the time unless Summer rates are too high.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jgumms
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very clean and comfortable beds. We had a room with the whirlpool tub. Enjoyed having it since we traveled during the Christmas break and the weather wasn't quite as warm as we anticipated. Loved relaxing in the whirlpool in the room after touring the area.

Breakfast was typical Comfort Suites: cereals, waffles, eggs, yogurts etc. Some items weren't replenished and left empty. (Not many)

Only issue we had is when we tried to connect to the wireless internet, we could connect, only to be dropped. Reconnected, once again only to be dropped. Fortunately we didn't need to connect for work. It was just to check email. We never really followed to find out what the issue was. Our tablet, pc and phone all encountered the same problem: continual dropping of internet.

Other than that, no other problems. We stayed for 3 nights.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cjmack
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We got to the bech and drove hours just trying to get a hotel at the beach. This was really exhaustive and we were begining to argue my bf and I. On our way out of the beach, we finally saw this hotel. It was a life saver being at 3am in the morning after driving hours looking for one. The price, was really on the downside. I was shocked at their prices as the hotel is actually not too far from the beach. Staff was cautious and attended to needs in a timely manner. The breakfast, was the best I have ever had in any hotel. There was too much variety and this helped my five year old as he really enjoyed the variety. Lots of drinks and fruits as well. Absolutely a fab place to stay.
Jackie T

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackie T
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This property looks new and appears in good repair: the public areas and my room all were clean and tidy. I liked the layout of the breakfast area: so many times in these smaller hotels that offer breakfast, the tables are crammed so tightly together it's hard to navigate. That was not the case here. The breakfast buffet was fairly standard: cold pastries, bread, bagels, cereal, juices, plus a couple of hot items and a make-it-yourself waffle option. The staff needs to do a bit better keeping the hot items hot, but since there was a microwave, I was able to reheat the sausages to a satisfactory temperature.

My room was a king bed suite decorated in neutral tones. There is a well-lit, comfortable work space, and a separate seating area. The mini fridge and microwave are especially useful for families or anyone on a longer stay: you can buy snacks and beverages at the local supermarket and have cold drinks handy any time. The bathroom was very clean, with plenty of space for toiletries, though the sink drain was a bit slow.

Cons: I was given bad directions to the hotel from the rental car person at the airport. I pulled over and called the hotel for directions, pretty sure I had passed up the street where I should have turned. The young woman who answered could not have been more clueless. I asked if there was someone else there she could ask and this too seemed beyond her. Luckily I found a Fedex driver who was able to assist me and I made it to the hotel shortly thereafter.

Pros: When I reached the hotel and checked in, the gentleman working at the desk could not have been more helpful, as far as offering recommendations for dining, activities, etc. Other than him though, I wasn't that impressed with most of the other people on the desk, which in my experience, is pretty unusual with Choice Hotels (and in interest of complete disclosure, I belong to their loyalty program, which is one of the reasons I chose this hotel).

One of the other reasons I'd opted to stay here was that even though I'd rented a car, I thought it was situated so that I could walk to numerous sites and restaurants. While there are a few places within about a half mile, you really do need a car to go farther afield, despite what some of the reviews for this hotel may indicate.

NOTE: In some literature, the address for this hotel still shows as 225 Beckrich: the hotel hasn't moved; the street name was changed to Richard Jackson (though the sign reads R. Jackson).

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank amethyst23
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Overall we had a nice stay and would stay here again. We have stayed in many Comfort Suites and Comfort Inn and Suites (choice privilege members) and found this one to be "standard". While the decor, furnishings, linens and cleanliness were nearly identical to one we stayed at in GA, it was not as quiet, the window heater was dusty and smelled like burning paper and the breakfast offerings were "basic". Other Suites offer omelette, bacon and sausage, hearty wheat breads, fresher muffins.

• Stayed: December 2012