“A very nice condo located on the beach next to the pier.”
Review of Sterling Reef

Sterling Reef
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very nice condo. The room was just as advertised for once. The only thing I would suggest is a mattress upgrade. Other than that I loved my stay. The location is great. It's in a central location from all the attractions.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank dareese35

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The elevators are slow, but both were working as of a couple days ago. No construction that I noticed, too cold for the pool for me yet. Considering it was spring break, there were no issues with parking, we received 2 passes for our 2 bedroom place.

The price for an oceanfront 2-bedroom with balcony was fantastic. We love the damage waiver plan, can't beat the view! Standing outside the door to the rooms offers a great view of the street, and to the north generally, if you like to watch that kind of action.

We rented a condo here for 4 nights, arriving last Saturday afternoon and the office was already closed at 4:45 so we were unable to speak to anyone in person. There was a key waiting in a lock box, and we settled our bill over the phone. Since it was during spring break, they wanted me to visit the office and verify someone over 21 was staying there. Understandable but I was still unable to find anyone in the office when I stopped by at various times Sunday. Andrew and Jimmy were both very friendly and polite, no complaints about them at all, just hard to catch in the office.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank purpleinopp
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I loved the condo we rented at this resort. Our condo was very clean and tidy. We had a two bed and two bath. We were on the fourth floor and had a very nice view of the beach. We personally didn't have any problems with noise like I had read on other reviews, but we were not there during a busy time. The elevators were slow, but there were two so it wasn't that bad. For the price we were very pleased with what we got. If we are in Panama City Beach again, we will go to the sterling reef resort.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Sterling Reef. Beautiful view of the beach overlooking the Pier as well. We found this listing through VRBO. Owners are very easy to work with. Kitchen is fully equipped. We enjoyed several cook in dinners at this unit. Definitely is home away from home. Location of this condo is just right. Away from the crowd and still close enough to grocery store, restaurants and bars. Definitely will return back to this unit. The owner is very friendly and easy to work with. We love it!!!

Room Tip: Found unit 2BR/2BA at VRBO Great view and quiet unit.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill K
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I enjoy this unit so much. This unit has the luxury upgrade. Everything seems so clean and fresh. When you first walk in, you can still smell the fresh paint. We enjoyed our labor day weekend here. Kitchen was fully equipped, bedroom looking over the gulf. My husband got up early to look at the sunrise. We had the most fantastic view of the gulf. We are also right next to the pier, so you really have the most beautiful view and very relaxing. We sat by the balcony all day. By sun down, we went downstairs walk along the beach in moonlight. We really enjoy this spot definitely quiet and romantic. I will definitely return to this unit again. I found this unit on VRBO. Definitely will return to this unit again. Most relaxing vacation Ever!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cjessica22
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed in a 3 bedroom 3 bath unit. The first impressions were not good; no luggage carts anywhere with no effort from management to help, only two very slow (and worn/dirty) elevators for a very large property, the dirtiest carpet I have ever seen in a rental, missing or burned out bulbs in lamps, broken dishwasher, ice maker had been turned off, missing necessary plates, cups and silverware for the unit, stained blanket and towels. It was really bad and I was very embarrassed to host this trip for others. Talked to management and he tried to make it right and admitted that the carpet was going to be replaced the next day and offered to have it cleaned while we were there, but we were only there 3 days and who wants that? He gave us a discount. Unfortunately, I can't recommend this property, expecially given the price.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank ajhappy1
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Just got back from 6 days here during July 4 week. Panama City Beach was very crowded this week especially Beach Front Road; however, our stay here was great. We stayed in Unit 602 and the accomodations, decorations, supplies, etc. were excellent. This appears to be a family type accomodation and there was no excessive noise, partying or anything else not staying with that theme. The only complaint I could have would be that the elevators were very slow but considering that this place was sold out, it was not unbearable. This place is near City Pier and there was an awesome fireworks display on the 4th. I highly recommend Sterling Reef.

Room Tip: There are 3 floors that are parking and the bottom floor is office space so the 1st floor is actuall...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family