“I ordered to go......”

Boars Head Restaurant & Tavern
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Boar's head Restaurant and Tavern is a casual fine dining establishment located on Panama City Beach, Florida . We serve fresh seafood and steaks that we cut in house everyday. Our slow roasted Prime Rib of Beef has been a house specialty since we opened in 1978.
Rhinebeck, New York
“I ordered to go......”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

A local restaurant owner I know recommend I give the Boors Head a try and since his own place is wildly popular I figured he must know what he was talking about.

When I pulled up I was a little worried.... when I walked in the worry continued until the hostess greeted me. Extremely friendly and efficient. Since I was ordering to go she suggested I wait in the bar area. Excellent idea! The drink that I had while waiting was yummy! LOL, if I could have ordered one to go I would have.

Got back to the hotel I was staying in and began to dig in..... and was mad at myself for not ordering a double of everything. It was quite good. So much so that the next night I went back so I could get the same meal again and was sadly disappointed that they were closed that night.

I would definitely return for the food and the kind wait staff.

• Visited November 2013

Beverly Hills, California
“Great Food Don't Let The Look Of The Place Turn You Away”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is an old restaurant but has been there for maybe 40 years and still has a loyal following. Inside is dark and dated but the quality of the food will make you forget. Service was very good and we got the best and finest cut of prime rib we have ever had at any price.

Visited May 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Went to the Boar's Head to celebrate my wife's birthday. We had the Captain's fillet and shrimp scampi. They were as attractive as they were delicious.Compliments to Chef Joyner and his staff for a job well done. We have visited this restaurant many times over the years, and the old Florida decor and elegant background music are what gives this place its character. The service is always good, and we will certainly be back. I do hope the pork shank makes its way back to the menu!

• Visited April 2014
Hickory, North Carolina
“Good solid steakhouse meal”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We got crab cakes appetizer. These were good but not special. Salads were good, prime rib was excellent. Hot bread accompanied meal. My daughter got shrimp scampi and loved it. My son got the venison and quail. He loved the venison. Derby pie was very good, bread pudding was good too (but not as special as the derby pie). Meal was not as expensive as others we had in PCB.

“In need of remodel”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Very dated decor, with an unpleasant aroma to go with it. Husband and I went here on a date but we felt more like we stepped into a time machine. Food was ok...not good, not bad...just ok. For the price though, "just ok" will not bring in return business nor will I recommend this place to friends/family. On the plus side, The wait staff was very attentive and friendly.

1 Thank happynacho