“A Place for Spring Breakers”

Coconut Grove Motor Inn
Ranked #43 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Place for Spring Breakers”
Reviewed May 9, 2006

Eight other friends and I stayed at this motel and didn't expect much for the price we were being charged, but expected a little bit more than what we were offered. This is a place for spring breakers which we were. They didn't care about what we did which was a plus because we were in Florida to party. We had to ask for towels everyday and our beds were never made. The staff brought their children to work with them. The staff was very nice though. It is pretty far from the beach which I didn't expect since I was told it was across the street. I would never have stayed there for anything else other than spring break. The rooms were dimly lit and dirty. There were also bugs. Don't expect much from the place except friendly staff and good place to party.

Stayed March 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed May 8, 2006

We walk in the room and the air was so thick, we look on the walls and all we see is mold. We close the door, and there is a crack in the door. Then we look at the door and one of the locks no longer works. The room was supposed to be non-smoking but smelled like smoked (but it smelled like smoke and a bunch of other crap). The toliet seat had poop on it, the shower was clogged up. For paying as much as we do for this hotel, I expected something much better, but I guess with a name of Motor Inn you else would you expect. I recommend this place to no one!!!!!!!!!!! It is a nasty piece of crap. I did feel sorry for the hotel manager though, she was the manager and was so short staffed that she had to clean the room herself. She was the only good thing about the hotel.

• Stayed May 2006

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Montgomery, AL
Reviewed May 7, 2006

My experience with this hotel was terrrible. I made reservations for 2 nights and stayed only one (1) night. For my health and safety, I shouldn't have stayed even the one night. The room was mildewed, there was wide gap openings in the door. This place was not maintained. Motorcylces were driven down the walks at all hours of the night. I am ashamed of myself for even staying that one night with my young grandson.

This place needs to be brought up to habitable standards.

I made reservations a month in advance. At the time I made the reservations I asked about cleanliness, noise from other hotel users. I was told the facility was top notch and they respect the privacy and comfort of their customers. I called again a week before I was due to stay at the hotel. Once again, I am told this is a great place. I don't trust pictures on the Internet. This further confirms my belief...don't trust the Internet!

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank MackTruck89
Reviewed March 28, 2006

I stayed at the Coconut Grove with some friends from college over spring break. The hotel room stunk really bad, the day we arrived our water wasn't turned on and we were told it would be fixed the next day; it never got fixed. Our toilet didn't work most of the time, and the shower did not drain. The kitchenette area was absolutely disgusting. The room service sucked, over the 8 nights we stayed, I think we got one change of sheets, which were stained, and we had to do it ourselves. We had to ask for toilet paper everyday, and when we complained our toilet wasn't working; they told us to come and get a plunger and fix it ourselves. On the last night we were there we found a ton of mold under our bathroom sink, and 3 of the 5 of us got really sick. Overall, the room was terrible and the service was even worse. The hotel is actually a ways away from the beach, we thought it would be across the street, it's more like a mile a way. Take my advice, spend the extra 20- 50 bucks a night and stay somewhere else! I would never stay there again, even if it was free.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 23, 2006

The motel was in a good location. The staff was nice and the rooms were okay. It wasn't noisy and i was able to get some sleep. If i am on the same budget next spring break i would stay there again. I had a great time during spring break and a good stay in the motel.

• Stayed March 2005
Reviewed October 21, 2005

A friend an I stayed at the coconut grove motor inn during spring break 2005. Now the hotel itself is not very good, it was actually pretty bad. but almost everything else is fantastic. the location is very very good it close the beach and the clubs, next to a wal-mart, and a bunch of cool shops. its also on the main strip so finding places is easy. if your not coming to this hotel during spring break then pick another hotel, but if your here during spring break then you will have a heck of a time. The parties, even at the motel, go on way in the night, one morning i woke up at 7AM and could still hear the partying. in conclusion, here for sping break (: , here any other time ):

• Stayed March 2005
Reviewed August 23, 2005

I lived in the Coconut Grove for 2 months this summer. It was a bless'ed experience. The air conditioners are amazing! The beds are fairly comfortable. The water pressure was magnificent, and the water was never cold! The rooms need a little cleaning. The pool is nice and cool, and I especially enjoyed the fact that there was a coin laundry right next door. The owners are great!

• Stayed June 2005