“If you like bed bugs, mold, and unsafe conditions, this is the place for you!!”

Coconut Grove Motor Inn
Ranked #46 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This place needs to be knocked down and shipped away. My buddy and I arrived the beginning of September to have the worst experience of my life. After walking in to the room the smell about knocked me down! It smelt wet and terrible. The smell follows you and to this day I swear it's stuck in my head. Dont leave anything valuable in the room- the locks just spin and don't work. The doors have a 2 inch gap that allows for roaches and anything small enough to enter. Found dead bugs and pubic hair in bathroom. Black mold on walls and black slim on the bathtub. Holes in the tub.. What bothered me the most is my friend had beds bugs in his bed. I had every belonging I brought serviced by a professional bug exterminating company to take precaution. So yes they have bed bugs. The place is owned by middle eastern people that you can't understand and honestly they didn't understand why I was upset. I was there two hours and was already demanding my money back. They would not refund me due to "company policy". Well I am still waiting on my one night refund. I had the room booked two weeks in advance and when mentioned to te woman that they need to physically check the rooms. She laughed. I can go on all day and yes they will and are being turned over to the better business bureau. Please save yourself the trouble and spend a little more cash and not make the mistake by funding this company.. Should I mention the prostitute the was hanging outside the motel?? Here are some photos! Shame on you coconut grove. Clean up your disgusting act.

• Stayed: September 2011
19  Thank nwahl

Reviewed February 16, 2010

Coconut Grove offered me the best price I could find for a 10 day stay and they couldn't have been nicer. Property is not on the beach so you can save and in October the beach is not tha exciting. Their employees were very nice and provided the level of service I asked for. Room was comfortable and had a nice TV.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank dantme
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We were on a road trip of the panhandle coast. It was time to find a hotel and the sign said $35. How bad could it be? Also the restaurant accross the street was Dirty Dick's Crab House - intriguing to say the least! Anyway, the first room we got (supposedly nonsmoking) reeked of smoke and none of the lights worked. So we went back down and asked for another room. The second room refused to open. The clueless clerk came down and tried it also. Apparently the battery or something was wrong with the lock. So she gave us a third room. When we opened this one we found it occupied!! The clerk was clueless and had no idea which rooms were occupied and what condition they were in. Finally the fourth room was OK, though there were muddyfootprints in the bathtub. (We skipped our shower that night). However we did sleep well and the place was remarkably quiet. Oh, and the Crab House was fantastic. Eat dinner there and skip the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank retired-teacher60
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Well, for starters, The room was ok, some mold was on the walls, the shower water came out very slow & there was a hole, which leaked above the sink. The staff was very friendly and always had fresh towels delievered everyday. Never had to ask for anything. The only problem I had was there were scooters going up & down the breezeway, some late at night. If you want a cheap & pretty clean place just to lie your head, I would choose here. Plus, it's not that far from the beach, a nice walk actually. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 8, 2006

The sign in the lobby NO REFUNDS should have been a tip.
We walked in flipped the light switch and nothing happened, no lightbulb in the fixture.
We fumbled around and found a switch for the wall lamp over in the middle of the room and when we switched it on the walls were crawling with german roaches. They were crawling out of the television, they were in the bathtub, they were even under the rim in the toilet as my wife found out. After spraying some repellent I had all around the bed, I pulled the nasty spread off and brought my sleeping bags in to have a clean place to sleep.
If it wasn't so late and it took an hour to get anywhere because of road blockage due to a marathon going on, we would have just left.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Fireman51
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 9, 2006

Eight other friends and I stayed at this motel and didn't expect much for the price we were being charged, but expected a little bit more than what we were offered. This is a place for spring breakers which we were. They didn't care about what we did which was a plus because we were in Florida to party. We had to ask for towels everyday and our beds were never made. The staff brought their children to work with them. The staff was very nice though. It is pretty far from the beach which I didn't expect since I was told it was across the street. I would never have stayed there for anything else other than spring break. The rooms were dimly lit and dirty. There were also bugs. Don't expect much from the place except friendly staff and good place to party.

Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Tallahassee
Reviewed May 8, 2006

We walk in the room and the air was so thick, we look on the walls and all we see is mold. We close the door, and there is a crack in the door. Then we look at the door and one of the locks no longer works. The room was supposed to be non-smoking but smelled like smoked (but it smelled like smoke and a bunch of other crap). The toliet seat had poop on it, the shower was clogged up. For paying as much as we do for this hotel, I expected something much better, but I guess with a name of Motor Inn you else would you expect. I recommend this place to no one!!!!!!!!!!! It is a nasty piece of crap. I did feel sorry for the hotel manager though, she was the manager and was so short staffed that she had to clean the room herself. She was the only good thing about the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2006