“Family Dinner with an old favorite”
Review of Angelo's Steak Pit

Angelo's Steak Pit
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Started eating at this place as a kid back in the 1960's. Two stops we never missed in those days were the trips to Angelo's and to Captain Anderson's.

Fast forward to 2014. The place is still there for sure. We went with a party of seven on a Sunday night and were seated immediately. Looking around, I was a little unsure of our choice. The place is definitely showing its age. It's an old-school steakhouse and it looks like it. The other impression that I had was that the dining room is definitely different than the cookie-cutter restaurants designed these days. Most newer restaurants are set up for parties of 4 or less. Angelo's has a large number of tables that are set up for large families. Not coincidentally, there were quite a few of those there.

We ordered Onion Rings for the table as an appetizer. These things were huge and heavily breaded but not as greasy as I'd have thought from my first look.

The steaks were all cooked to our specifications. I had the ribeye, done medium, and it came out with a warm, pink center. The meat was tender and had good flavor.

The prices were very competitive for a steak dinner. The dinners all came with a salad and a choice of sides. They served some really tasty Texas toast along with the entrees.

Angelo's has been there for years and, from my experience, they continue to deliver a consistent product. Can you buy a better steak in Panama City? I don't know. If you do, you're probably going to pay much more for it and likely will be ordering it ala carte. If you're looking for a place to feed steak for a family, I'd say that you're going to have to look far and wide to find one in the Panama City at a better overall value.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed September 3, 2014

Angelo's Steak Pit is a family favorite ! Can't go to PCB and not eat there . Our party of 7 had to wait at least 35 to 40 minutes and we arrived early .... But oh when we were finally seated our waiter was fabulous and quite good at his job . Our steaks , salad and bread were perfection to the max . The prices were typical good steakhouse prices and didn't break the bank . If your in PCB do your self a favor and check out Angelo's you'll be glad you did .

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Over the years when we go to Panama City,FL,we always visit Angelo's. It does not matter which day we go, service and food are still the same, Excellent. This is not a low cost steak house, but since you read these reviews,you can go prepared. Most people are in vacation wear or dress up a little if it is a special occasion. If you get the chance, check it out, you will not be disappointed. The only thing I advise is they are not open on Sunday, and the other days Open at 5pm and are there until.

Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

I had heard such great things about here and was severely disappointed. My entire family was let down by the garbage we were served. The steaks were tasteless and bland and overcooked (every one) and the price paid was outrageous. The staff is rude and the atmosphere is dull. Literally a waste of time, money and tastebuds.

2  Thank mcsno1fn
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Get there early or late for dinner, it's always a packed house. It is a bit pricey, but it's worth it if you want to splurge a little on a meal. You can order off the kids menu (which is still a good amount of food) if you don't want all of the sides. I will be making this a traditional stop.