“Great food, order to share”

Billy's Oyster Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Passing Billy's, the parking lot was full amidst others that were empty. It looked like the spot. The food was good. A fried shrimp platter was $20, but was enough for two people. The fried green beans were EXCELLENT.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is a great spot right by the bridge. The overwhelming majority of the menu is seafood (shocker right), so we waited until one member of our party departed back home before we went here. We weren't disappointed as the oysters were amazing and their giant seafood plate was delicious. I wasn't as big a fan of the crab cakes but the quality and quantity of the food was enough to make up for it.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I went with some friends over spring break and was very disappointed. I ordered the coconut shrimp which tasted fishy and the breading was awful. The coconut shrimp from the frozen section at Kroger are better and definitely cheaper. One of my friends had a shrimp po boy and they really enjoyed it, but mentioned they had had much better other places. There are some really good restaurants in Panama City beach, but this is definitely not one of them.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We paid $10.99 for a dozen tiny oysters. My husband and I visit Panama City Beach every spring and look forward to fresh, raw oysters. We usually come here for good oysters but this time not worth the money!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Couldn't decide where to eat. Thought we would give this a try. Slow service at first. We got the shrimp, crab and parmesan dip to start! It was out of this world! Husband got fried fish and shrimp. Normally the fish is tilapia but they had run out so he got grouper instead. He said it was great! My son got boiled shrimp and really enjoyed it. I got the BBQ shrimp Louisana style. It is not Louisiana style but was surprised on how much I enjoyed it. Don't know if we will be back but it was a good experience just the same.