Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fun, Family Friendly

Fun, unique experience. Rare, white albino alligator! This is a fun place for all age groups. All... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 14, 2018
FellowTraveler650171
Great experience

We have a special needs son, this event was ment for him. The staff and crew were so wonderful... read more

Reviewed October 9, 2018
My3porties
Chardon, Ohio

All reviews captain eddie wild dolphins marine life dolphin behavior special needs dolphin experience dolphin therapy ship wreck these magnificent creatures swim with the dolphins their natural habitat amazing experience once in a lifetime underwater camera scallops bucket list sea urchins
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Captain Jarred and crew member Kiki were great. Visibility in the water was poor because of the torrential rains recently, so it wasn't actually possible to view the dolphins underwater unless they were DIRECTLY beside you. Jarred would get us close enough to the dolphins that we saw on the surface so that we could hop in the water and then hope that the dolphins would come toward us. Because of the high season, there were about 8-10 boats searching for dolphins while we were out and a dozen or so jet skis. Because of their maneuverability, the jet skis were able to get EXTREMELY close to the dolphins. Due to the sheer number of jet skis circling, the dolphins usually chose to dive down instead of surface and be surrounded, so we would have enjoyed the trip more without the jet skis around. Nonetheless, Jarred and Kiki did the best they could with the situation they had. It is beautiful to ride in the boat along the coast and see wild dolphins swimming. We also stopped at Shell Island--it made me sad to see so much litter along that gorgeous island--I could have filled a trash bag in 20-30 mins. (This, of course, is no reflection on WaterPlanet at all.). Watching the dolphins jump and frolic was a highlight of our trip.

4  Thank SandiBinSC
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The water planet staff goes out of their way to make this a truly memorable experience. Dennis and his staff were very helpful in making sure we had optimal viewings of the dolphins. We appreciated the fact that they are very environmentally friendly. It was nice to see that Water Planet does its best respect the dolphins, and not harass them like some of the people on the jet skis seem to be doing. Adida and Deanna were helpful helpful my wife, who is a less able swimmer, to truly enjoy the experience in the semi rough waters. Everything about the trip was great and it is a memory that will not be forgotten! I highly recommend the Water Planet trip for anyone who is in the area.

4  Thank Jim B
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My experience with Water Planet was nothing less than AMAZING! This company was so focused on not only providing an up close experience with the dolphins but also educating and being very environmentally friendly. During the trip we stopped several times to pick up any trash we saw which I greatly appreciated! Our captain gave us a briefing as soon as we got on the boat and we all immediately felt very comfortable. As far as swimming with the dolphins, this was everything I expected and so much more. Our captain lined us up in front of the dolphins and had us in the water to see all the dolphins swim by. Every time we got in the water it was constantly breath taking. I never felt that we were harassing them at all, unlike the jet skis and some other boats around us. We also visited the ship wreck and Shell Island which were both very fun as well. Overall I would highly recommend this company! The swims with the dolphins in their natural habitat was an example of pure beauty. Everything about this trip was perfect and a memory that will never be forgotten!

4  Thank Chloerae27
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The primary purpose of our trip was to give my 12 y/o daughter some up close dolphin experience. Dolphins have always been her favorite animal and she wants to be a marine veterinarian some day so we chose Water Planet because of their program. We had Jarod and Adida for our trip. They both were great. Very into what they were doing and informative. Jared was funny and very patient. Adida was amazing with my 8 y/o and "motored" him so he could get closer to the dolphins each time we jumped in. She vastly improved his experience. We encountered "Chester" who is not at all intimidated by humans. He got a very close look at me and my yellow fins. Jared also found a shallow place where my kids could stand up and snorkel. They both found marine life for the kids to see while demonstrating respect for the creatures. Be prepared for a crazy pace of jumping off the boat in the path of swimming dolphins then quickly getting back on board, moving the boat and repeating. It was great fun. One more tip: don't underestimate the sunscreen especially during the snorkeling.

2  Thank Russ Y
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Thank you Water Planet for the experience of a lifetime. What a terrific tour. Our boat captain Nick was extremely knowable about the dolphins and navigated our boat for optimal viewings. I really appreciated that he was environmentally conscious and stopped to pick up trash that had blown from someone else's boat and showed genuine concern for the safety and welfare of the dolphins. Chloe, the intern that was on board was awesome and helped make my experience a truly memorable one. I highly recommend Water Planet and plan on taking another tour with them soon.

1  Thank mrsdllc