“Amazing Experience!”
Review of Water Planet

Water Planet
More attraction details
Owner description: Water Planet offers a variety of fun and educational swim-with-the-dolphin tours for the whole family in Panama City Beach, Florida, including the opportunity to explore Shell Island, snorkel on ship wrecks and collect shells. We also offer dolphin therapy programs for children with special needs. Specialized help for small children by request during your tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Austin, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were so excited to have this adventure! I was with my 10 year old daughter and her friend. Our guide- Eric- was very knowledgeable. we swam with 3 dolphins, and I found 12 real live sand dollars! The girls were so excited. he took us to a place where we held sea urchins, and saw lots of underwater life. He even caught us a cannonball jellyfish and showed us the fish that live INSIDE it. I highly recommend it. MUCH better than dealing with the group of people on some other boats.

5 Thank Cynthia B

Tulsa
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Best Day of our Florida vacation”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I want to start by saying that this was the best day we had in Florida. We did get to swim with one dolphin and my husband picked up a sea urchin off the ocean floor and the dolphin came up to him to look at the urchin. The dolphin swam under me. It was an amazing experience

The part of the tour that I had really not been excited about ended up being a ton of fun. Looking at the sea life over on shell island I found star fish, sea urchins crabs and more. The water was crystal clear. Tons of sea life there.

Now what I will say is this trip was not what I had thought. We were not taught anything about the animals behavior or really taught anything about the dolphins. We went after the same dolphins that all of the dolphin swim tours were looking for so you swam with many other groups all looking for that one friendly dolphin. We took a boat out and found a dolphin and were told to jump in. It was thrilling to say the least but was not the atmosphere that I thought it would be. I would do it again!!!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank GingerbreadGrlz
Kiel
“About an amazing month! :-)”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The time at Water planet in Panama City Beach, Fl was a sooo great experience. I learned so much about the dolphins, their behavior, the different humans manners and their effect to the dolphins. I loved to be a part of the team who supported the children with special needs with dolphin swim, art, massages and music. It was so nice to see how happy the families and the kids are and how they enjoy a wonderful time. I agree with all of the other comments. I don`t know another place where you can have a so great time with discover the sea, swim with the dolphins, meet so many nice and competent people and get new friends! I met so many people from different countries and here is a comment for German people:
Ich habe so schöne und unbeschreiblich tolle Momente bei Water Planet erlebt. Ich war über einen Monat dort für ein Praktikum und meine positiven Vorstellungen wurden bei weitem übertroffen!!! Egal ob man dort eine Tour mitmachen möchte, überlegt mit seinen Kindern dorthin zu fahren oder selbst auch Interesse an einem Praktikum hat, ich würde es immer weiter empfehlen. Alle dort sind so hilfsbereit und rücksichtsvoll, also los… :-)
And you can help and learn from each other. You will meet so many lovely people like the captains and all the nice families! I had a wonderful time and miss them already.
Thank you so much! :-) Lovely wishes
Kristin Soetje

Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An unreal experience!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had the chance to have multiple swims with dolphins through Water Planet during the month of July. Every time we saw dolphins and the boat captains were all friendly, funny, and knowledgable. They have everything you need to be prepared for the water.They debrief you, answer any & all questions, & give you life jackets/masks. The captains really know when and how to get you in the water at the right time to be able to have the optimal encounter. Sometimes I swam with pods, sometimes a mom & her calf, or sometimes one or two really friendly dolphins. I was witihin inches of dolphins more times than I can count and a lot of times they would hangout for a couple minutes. After we were "dolphined out" we would go to Shell Island & we were able to collect tons of shells(which I really enjoyed). We would also go snorkel over grassy areas right off the shore & search for critters(sea urchines, hermit crabs, starfish, sand dollars, fish, etc.) I would recommend bringing a waterproof camera because you will be up close with dolphins and will want to capture the moment and memories!

6 Thank Laurie K
USA et BELGIUM
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome !”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

It was awesome ! We had 7 - 9 dolphins swimming around us.... unbelievable ! They come so close to you. They swim around you. You really have the pleasure to look at them. El Capitano Denis and Nathalie are super nice. They're giving you plenty of details and explanations on the dolphins. It was a wonderful day for me and my family. Thanks again.