“Unit #2004 Close to Perfection....Heaven on a Shoestring Budget!”

Celadon Beach Resort
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I would book it again in a heartbeat! For 4 nights, it was around $695 with day of last minute special.

Unit Pros:

20th floor gulf view – gorgeous!

High End Décor throughout – think Crate & Barrel, luxury feel, affordable price (but I got a last minute special)

Wonderful Flat Panel TV & Surround Sound when playing DVDs (HINT: Surround sound doesn’t work with tv, just the dvd player)

Two sets of cookware: non-stick and stainless

Light Sleeper’s Dream bedroom: includes tempurpedic mattresses, and the room stays so dark and quiet!

Gorgeous light fixtures in main hallway and dining area!

Nice to have reclining patio chair on the balcony.

Resort Pros:

Doug checked us in at night: introduced himself by name, welcomed us to the resort, explained everything for our after hours check-in – You Rock Doug!

Loved seeing the You Tube video of someone walking through the unit. This really sold me on booking this one!

Free Beach chairs and umbrellas (HINT- rock to reposition, just jamming it in the sand won’t make it stay)

Super Nice Beach Chair Attendants: hard workers! One of them tried to rearrange the chairs to make it better for the patrons. Even though I guess management or owners didn’t like it, you’ve got to give the kid credit for trying to be innovative for a better guest experience. The second guy, walked around on the hottest day checking on the guest in chairs to see if he could do anything for them! What service!

Elevator Mats- put in during the day when beach use is high so the elevator floors don’t get slippery, and taken out each night to be cleaned….wow, that’s a lot of work!

Friendly Front Receptionists: Irene and Betty

Unit Areas for Improvement:

Such a wonderful unit, but…..
It would be a nice amenity to have at least one hair dryer.

A pizza pan or stone would also be nice. Baking a pizza on the rack only increases the chance for a messy oven.

The director’s chairs at the bar kind of pinch the bottom of your legs, and aren’t super comfy. To me, they don’t fit the higher end design of the condo as well.

Resort Areas for Improvement:

Maybe you can’t offer this at the great price we paid, but a small sample of dish soap for dish hand washing jobs would be nice. (two packets of dishwashing detergent and a sponge were left for us).

Smokers: It was hard to enjoy our patio at times because of smokers on other patios smoking, and their ashes and smoke blowing onto our deck. I don’t know if you can make the whole property non-smoking including patios, but that sure would be nice! It’s just hard to enjoy a sunset when you’re having trouble breathing!

No Wi-Fi, just Ethernet- I was told by Resort Quest this unit had Wi-Fi. The person I booked with was probably just in a hurry and meant Ethernet cable. I know a cable is probably more secure than Wi-Fi, but I was just told one thing, and got another.

BE CAREFUL: There is a wave running company that uses the Celadon beachfront as a loading and unloading area. Whoever the company is operates very dangerously. The watercraft operators scream into the swimming public (at least they did on May 29, 2011 around 1:30), clearly not in the designated loading and unloading areas. I couldn’t believe how unsafe they were driving, and felt myself at risk while I was swimming. I have spoken to Donny and I know he’s working on getting this resolved.

Room Tip: Ask for # 2004! 20th Floor!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank InSearchofGreatness

Reviewed April 15, 2011

I stayed at the Celadon with 4 teenagers and was very happy with my whole experience. The pools and hot tub were clean. The beaches were not crowded as they are further down on Thomas or Front Beach and the elevators fast. My teens could drive down past Pier Park to get into some "action" while I could hang out and relax without the constant horn blowing and "hollering" that usually takes place during Spring Break. The room was beautifully decorated and clean, and the view from the 16th floor was spectacular.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank jennascloset
ubah1, Manager at Celadon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

I wanted to thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at Celadon Beach. As you noted, Celadon is away from some of the busier area of the beach, but close enough to everything to be in the middle of the action in mere moments. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2011

This hotel presents as a top notch resort in PCB it is the worst! None of the amenties I were promised worked. I had no ICEMAKER, Two of the 3 TV did not work, Celing fans did not work, DVD player did not work to pay the "FREE" video they give u access to only until 5 oclock, toilet had issues and we waited half the day to get them fixed by maintenance who did did not correct the problem at the end of a 3 day wait on out 4 day stay. We also had a smoker smoking in his room that kept drifting over to mine and called on it several times after my hotel was full of smoke and noone did anything on the EVENING before my DEPARTURE I was finally given and standing fan to clear out the smoke and supposely compensate for the Master Fan not working.

Room Tip: Go to a SUPER 8 about the same Quality!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Feliweeks
ubah1, Manager at Celadon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

First, I wanted to apologize for the numerous issues that you experienced during your stay. It is our goal to insure that all of our guests have a trouble-free, relaxing stay. Again, I am sorry that this did not occur.

I have spoken with the guest service staff about your specific issues and what attempts were taken to remedy your problems. They recounted the maintenance staffs repair efforts, as well as the compensation that was offered to you since your experience was marred by our shortcomings. I have also spoken with the housekeeping staff to insure that they redouble their efforts when inspecting units prior to a guest’s arrival. Hopefully, this added bit of focus will result in them identifying many of these issues.

Again, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. The next time you visit our beautiful beaches, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that what you experienced was the exception and not the rule.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We just got back from a 4 day stay Celadon Beach Resort for Ironman Florida. The resort is pretty far north of the race site so wasn't great in that regard, but we liked everything else about it. We booked a 1BD/2BA condo that had "hall" bunk-beds for the kids. We were very happy to see upon arrival that the bunks were actually in a tiny separate "bedroom" with a TV/DVD and a door. We thought this was great, as we could put the kids to bed and shut their door and still be able to move around the unit without disturbing them. The master was spacious, the living area and kitchen were great and the unit had a huge balcony overlooking the beach/Gulf. The pools were great and heated to 83 degrees which was great since it was only in the 60's outside. The hot tub was awesome. The fitness center is very roomy with nice equipment. The parking was right across the street and very convenient. Overall, very nice place, very clean and everything you could want for a nice family vacation. We paid only $98 a night during the off season.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank JetBlueDriver
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The Celadon is nice. One of the pools is supposed to be heated and we are here in the beginning of October and it is NOT heated but needs to be. Easy Parking but it is across the street, however, there is a covered airconditioned walkway over road to building. One large pool across street and one pool beach side-however, the view of the beach is not very visable. Short walk way to beach. Stayed in a one bed room unit and rented directly from vrbo.com. Unit is clean, needs a little more T.L.C. such as a fresh coat of paint, some repair work to fridge and oven. Everything is really cramed into room. About 2 miles from Pier Mall. This is the last high rise when leaving PCB headed towards Destin.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed June 23, 2010

The condo we stayed in appeared to be clean but after about 30 minutes all of our feet were very dirty, when we pulled the couch out it looked like they had not cleaned behind it in weeks. ( I know we paid a large cleaning fee and I'm sure the people before us did also...they did not get their money worth.) The condo however was decorated nice and we did enjoy our stay......AFTER we had issues with the refrigirator, the setting was set at 65 and the freezer at 37, we lowered the temp but after about 2 hours the temp was still the same. We called, maintance did come, but a few hours later still same temp. Called the office again, we packed everything including lots of groceries and were sent to another unit. THIS UNIT HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED, VERY DIRTY. We had already turned in our other keys and by this time the RUDE lady in front office had left for the day. Some of my family was still packing in 1st unit so we went back to that one BUT COULD NOT LEAVE TILL NEXT DAY DUE TO NO KEY TO GET BACK IN!!!! We did get first night fee refunded (ya think... we did unpack...pack back...and unpack again, with the total of 3 small children and 6 adults) . I called Resort Quest on monday after we returned home, managment was suppose to call.....no call as of yet. After dealing with this for 2 days we did have a good time. I would not have even written a review if managment had followed thru.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank familyvacation55180
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I'd gone to ResortQuest with my boyfriend, mentee, Bestfriend and her son. We'd gone for the Labor Day weekend and found it to be sooo amazingly cost efficient for the value. We paid for a one bedroom unit, and thought that some would have to sleep on a cot or sofa. To our suprise, there is a sofa bed.. a set of bunkbeds. I full kitchen, dining room and living. With a master suite.. It literally was the size of a one bedroom spacious apartment.

It was right at the beach. I loved the theatre that they had available for kids to watch movies and get away from parents. they had movies of all kind to rent for free.

I did Hate the checking out process. Everyone else was checking out at the same time and we had to wait a really long time to catch an elevator.. It was terrible. but worth it.

I also got engaged on their beach around 5am... Shouldve had a destination wedding there.. but will be getting married April 2, 2011

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple