“Better than expected”
Review of Seascape Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seascape Inn
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
PS Georgia
“Better than expected”
Reviewed July 28, 2006

We booked our trip at the last minute and basically had to settle for what we could get. Concidering the price we expected Seascape to be a dump. That couldnt be further from the truth!!

Our room was very clean and comfortable. It looks to have been updated recently with a new kitchen and carpeting. The TV could have been bigger but who goes to PCB to watch TV?

The pool was literally five steps from our front door and the beach was ten more steps! We drank our morning coffee on the beach and watched the sunset in the evenings. Funland arcade was just a short walk east and Sharky's restaurant/Nightclub a short walk west. Scooter rental right across the street !!

We had a great time!!! This place is a keeper....

• Liked — Close to the beach
  • Disliked — Clean
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay on the bottom floor
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Tonvis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
kc mo
Reviewed July 26, 2006

My brother and I, both USAF retired, and our wives booked 7 days at the seascape motel last march, paid by credit card. When we arrived last week to check in, the manager/owner noted that we were in two vehicles and as the rules state only one vehicle per reservation. As we began to explain that we had made arrangments to park the other car at the nearby Air Force base, the manager got very mad, started to yell at us and said we were trying to defraud her. She would not even let us explain. As the outbreak ocurred she cancelled our reservation and asked us to leave. After driving over 1000 miles and getting that treatment.... WOW!, it was not expected. After many phone calls we finally found a nice condo, on the beach. Both of us having traveled all over the world, sometimes in hostile countries, this was the worse travel experience of my life.

• Disliked — rudeness
  • Tips/Secrets — walkins may be fine but i felt the room was overbooked and excuses for cancellation
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank brobrash

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

alabama
Reviewed May 9, 2006

I don't have to have "fancy" ammenities but what I have discovered since all the CONDOS have sprung up is that I do miss being right down on the beach level. When staying 12 stories up in a condo I feel I might as well be in a hotel back home. I miss walking right out of my room and being just steps away from the gulf. Seascape Inn is the perfect place for what I want. It's right on the beach and only 3 stories high. If you stay in a room at pool level you're only 10 steps to the pool and overlooking the gulf. The gulf is only about 30 steps away from the pool. Everything is kept clean. All the rooms have been re-done and all have kitchenettes. Beds are comfortable and the air conditioner works well. It could do with some sprucing up around the pool area (some flowers, planters and such) but there are plenty of chairs and the pool is clean and well maintained. There's 2 picnic tables at the pool deck area and 2 Tiki-Hut-like tables also. We grilled out on the deck while sipping our Margarittas. It was great. AND the price was just right for our extra little getaway trip. I almost didn't write this because I wanted to keep the Seascape all to myself but I sure do want it to stay there so I encourage everyone to try it out. (PS It's the old Trips Motel redone.)

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank Octagon8
Reviewed February 9, 2006

It is a great place to stay! Unfortunatly Panama City is being overrun by high rise condominiums. You are treated with a great deal of profesionality, and the rooms are excellent. One of the last "family hotels" that I know of.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 6, 2005

My family and I stayed at the Seascape Inn in October. The accommodations were clean, comfortable and affordable. Best of all was the breathtaking gulf view. This motel was convenient to shopping and dining as well. This is one of the few remaining "family" motels that caters to families on a budget. Without places like this my family (and many others, I'm sure) would never be able to take a vacation, even for a few days. I hope this place stays around for a while...all the others we used to stay at have been replaced by high-rise hotels and condos which is something we definitely can't afford!

• Stayed October 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Madison, TN.
Reviewed August 23, 2005

We stayed at this hotel the second week of August. It was very quiet and relaxing. Only a few families. The view of the beach is breathtaking. You can't beat the price for a two room unit! We had no problem with anything and the maids came everyday with plenty of towels. I would recommend this for anyone on a tight budget. The air conditioning is also very cold.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank clouconst
Reviewed August 15, 2005

I stayed at the Seascape on a whim; it looked nice and cheap, but pleasant. I wasn't disappointed. I asked for a room with a Gulf view and was holding my breath for the rate when the clerk announced that it would be $58 a night. What a steal!

The place is no frills. It caters towards the low maintenance traveler. While I'm sure the price also brings in the occasional dregs and party crowds, visiting during the quiet off-season will avoid these kind of encounters.

Amenties include a clean, comfortable room with two beds, card/dining table and chairs as well as a kitchenette. Warning: According to a sign in the room, you are charged $10 a day for using the kitchen (I assume, because the maids have to do additional work when cleaning the area). There was also a stand-up shower in my bathroom, which is fine for most travelers, but for those who enjoy a nice bath in the evening, it might prove an inconvenience. The balcony was standard with two plastic chairs. The view was spectacular; I enjoyed the ocean and sunsets from my perch. Parents will appreciate the close proximity of the outdoor pool, which is just outside the first floor rooms. Ample area for patio sunbathing as well as a shower for cleaning off sand after spending time on the beach.

Service wise, I found the clerks to be quite pleasant and accomodating. When I didn't want my first room, they quickly obliged without complaint. What must be understood is that this is a not a full-service motel, but most guests requests are honored, if possible.

If you are looking for a hotel that is cheap, clean and offers great views of the ocean, this is the place for you. If you want to be pampered, try one of the resorts down the street.

• Stayed August 2005