“Wonderful place to stay in PCB”
Review of Seascape Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seascape Inn
Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Just got back from vacationing in Panama City Beach and stayed at the Seascape. It was GREAT! The cost was reasonable for a two bed/one bath/fully stocked kitchen room. I've stayed in places that were awful that charged twice as much! The housekeeping staff was great. They were super nice, always spoke and initiated conversation. Cleaned the rooms early every morning, with fresh sheets, fresh towels, fresh shower curtains, every thing. The pool area is right next to the beach and great. It was cleaned every morning by staff as well. Our lock jammed the second day, and the office guy came right away and when he couldn't get it to work rather than ho hum around he just replaced the lock right then. We stayed on the lowest level which is beach side and there are some pretty steep steps but it wasn't that big of a deal. The place doesn't have an elevator so you have to use the stairs to get down to the beach level. Even without a balcony we had a GORGEOUS view of the beach and were poolside. I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank TROYtrojangirl

Reviewed June 29, 2008

Hd a wonderful time here.it is an older place but very well kept up. the room had a balcony and had great view.the pool was very clean and kept up.the staff was great and i will stay here on my next visit to pc beach

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2008

This is a much older Motel - Family owned and family oriented. If your there for fun and sun and not all the luxueies of a condo or high rise hotel this place is perfect. Owners and housekeepers are great, we've stayed there the past three summers and if you go the first part of Aug. the rates drop and you practically have the place to yourself. The rooms are very clean, nothing fancy and all but clean and serves the purpose of a place to sleep and shower perfectly. If you stay on the pool level it's great, just walk out of your door and your in the pool or on the beach in a matter of footsteps. Be advised that there are steep steps gettiing down to the pool/beach area and if you stay in one of the rooms poolside the loading and unloading of your stuff can be pretty tiring. Would hightly recommend for a family on a budget!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2007

My husband, two children and I stayed for four days in July. We found the Seascape to be very clean and affordable. Our experience from check-in to check-out was great. All of my pre-lodging questions were answered efficiently. Any requests we made to the hotel staff were met. It is an older hotel that has recently been remodeled (or so it seemed to me). The location and price were fantastic for us. PCB is almost becoming too expensive for a short family vacation. We were truly delighted with our stay at the Seascape and would stay there again.

Reviewed July 24, 2007

This was a nightmare vacation! The Seascape Inn is possibly the worst place I have ever stayed. The maid service was awful; we had to hunt them down to get towels. We stayed three days, I believe, and it was the worst three days of my life. The room was a wreck/dump. A chair broke when my aunt sat in it because a screw was loose and then the towel rack in the bathroom came out of the wall because of another loose screw. The room was ill equipped with only two lamps and no microwave. The woman that wrote the review titled "Nightmare Hotel" is my aunt and I was one of the two children that had stayed with them that weekend. We were rushed out of our room, screamed and cussed at, and then when we offered the manager money, she declined and used another round of profanity, directing it at my cousin, the other child, and me. Then, they threatened to call the police while yelling at us to leave and calling us 'fat liers' which is something a seven year old says, I'm sorry to say. Then, when we attempted to leave the premisis, the manger stood behind the car and wouldn't move so we could back out. They also accused us of having three cars, one of which we didn't even know about. My aunt had paid in cash and given the hotel manager her name only, no credit cards. The woman was saying she was going to charge everything to our credit card, and truly, I belive she had us mixed up with someone else. All in all, this was the WORST vacation I have ever been on, and I truly don't ever plan on going back to the Seascape Inn under any circumstances.

1  Thank TeenHotelCritique
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Upon checkin we were surprised to learn that only one vehicle per room was allowed. With permission from the store manager across the street, we were allowed to park one of our vehicles there. We reserved a suite with 4 adults and 2 kids. We were later told (only when we inquired) that there was no ice in the hotel. The room furniture was broken or broke during our stay. The towel rack fell off the wall and the screws popped out of the chair (which we reported). The staff was hateful. During our stay we heard the staff yell at guests (who were not braking the rules, being loud or causing trouble). Upon checkout, after turning in our keys and paying the balance, we were approached by the manager while getting into our vehicles. She began screaming at us and making accusations. We were accused of having 3 vehicles on the property (one of which was not even ours and the other was parked across the street). We were verbally abused for over an hour while not being able to explain or defend ourselves. She stood behind our car so that we could not leave and screamed in the kids faces. She treatened to call the police b/c we lied about the number of people in our room(which we listed all) but when asked, would not call them. She claimed she was biling us for lying but refused to provide us with an invoice nor would accept any money when offered. The abuse we received from this manager was unacceptable and we were not given the opportunity to explain or prove our innocence. The abuse we received at this hotel not only left a horrible impression on us, but it has severly tramatized the children as well as the adults. I hope no-one has to experience this kind of treatment and I definatly will not recommend this dump to anyone.

2  Thank Ianneenee
Reviewed June 18, 2007

Drove eight hours to get there only to be told at check in that the air conditioning in the entire building was on the blink and that we should arrange alternate lodging. When the desk clerk was asked why weren't we notified at the phone number given when making reservations of this problem, she said that it was my fault for not calling to confirm!!! (The deposit for this room was applied to my credit card when I made the reservation two months prior, and I received a written confirmation!!! This was to be my family's second stay at this motel.)

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled with family