“Horrible, terrible, motel and a very mentally disturbed owner”
Review of Seascape Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seascape Inn
Ranked #41 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Birmingham, Alabama
“Horrible, terrible, motel and a very mentally disturbed owner”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

For terrible experience at a motel, stay at the Seascape Inn. I booked a room for three nights for three people. It was terrible from the time I walked in the lobby to check in. The clerk was very impolite, unfriendly and rude as I was given instructions as to where we should park. The room smelled awful, not enough towels, the carpet was dirty , the bed linens did not smell fresh, quite the contrary. From this point, my experience at the Seascape Inn became much, much worse. I went to the front desk and asked for the location of an ice machine. The female, she is anything but a lady, became very rude and belligerent screaming at me saying that she was the owner of this place and began to call me names as I walked outside to avoid a confrontation. She continued to scream at me saying I had curse at her. At this point I called the police and stood outside until they arrived. I attempted to inform them what had happened but she began telling the that I was a liar and she wanted me off of her property immediately and if I refused that she would have me put in jail. All of this was in the presence of the police. She continued to cause a scene by being loud and demanding that the police remove me from her property. The police walked with me to my room , I got my belongings and left after staying only one of the three days planned. I am saying it as straight as I can. The self described owner of the place is crazy, a real nut job. She might go off at any time , like a time bomb, for no reason. Stay away from this place. If you do not heed this warning, you just might end up in jail for no apparent reason of your own other than dealing with a real Crazy WACKO who says she owns the place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Larry J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Who ever owns this place is extremely unpredictable. After reading reviews here on trip advisor my family decided it would be a good economical place to stay even with the black and white reviews. We would not stay again not even if we were stranded. The woman at the office was not welcoming at all. In fact she was nasty and condescending. My family has never been treated so poorly by anyone providing services for which we have paid for before. Staff even yelled at us by the pool in regards to our children just being children. Staff was always busy repairing air conditioning or other problems in rooms making us wait till almost the end of our vacation to have any tv service. One particular female staff member was like 'jekyll and hyde'. I would not stay here again as my wife did not feel safe as one male staff member made my wife her feel very scared and uncomfortable. We found this staff member to be very disturbing. Considering the age of this motel in relation to other newer buildings in this beach area it is clear that the owner is just waiting to sell as the room smelled badly of mildew and mold and made for an unpleasant smell when trying to sleep. We definitely picked a poor choice of accomodation for such a nice beach as anywhere would have been better including camping. Very very disappointing and disturbing place to stay given to staff and we assume owners of the motel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank jd e

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Fox Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This hotel was great. I had read a lot of the reviews and I was reluctant about booking for our vacation but I am glad I did. All the rooms were ocean side and the view was fantastic. Yeah the carpets were not that great but with all the salt coming from the ocean it is expected. The staff was great and they were all helpful when we needed something. It is a cheap place to stay when you are on a budget. I would recommend this hotel and I am definitely staying again.

Only one thing, they need an elevator on both ends for people with disabilities. Other than that a great stay.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same, pretty quiet
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank emtfoxlake
Empire, Alabama, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Great place to stay and very affordable. Will most certainly be back for May bike rally 2012.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Gave a good review for our stay July 2011 and hoped to stay again November 2011 but apparently in the off season the office is only open 9am to 6pm. We arrived November 14 at 6:20pm, employee was locking door as my husband was telling him we wanted to get a room, he gave no response and just walked away.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Keri-Charles
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The rooms are always clean and the staff is wonderful. They cleaned our room each day and was very helpful to questions that we had. From past to present, it has always been a great experiance to stay here. We will be back again.. Anyone who has a bad review of this place must be having a bad day. It is the best... David

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Sevierville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We are repeaters at orgins and really like it, we have stayed in the small room both years and have decided to upgrade next year, the price is extremely reasonable for the area and its beach front too.Our experience with the office staff was amazing..we booked for 4 days and ended up staying for 5..we came a day early and when we booked we had to book a seperate room, due to accomidations not being available at the time of our booking..the staff opened up a beach front room for us, and got it ready really fast, we were able to check in 2 hours early and our accomidation was a good room, with good view, and a staff that went the extra mile to help make our stay the best available..and yes, we will return next year...our stay in Daytona wasn't nearly as good as this hotel and the value wasn't as good..we have decided to confine our vacation time to panama city,

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends