“"Absolutly Fabulous" :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wisteria Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Wisteria Inn
Brinson, Ga
“"Absolutly Fabulous" :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The property, room, pool ,and hot tub area is like being in your very own tropical paradise ! ! ! Very sucluded and sexy atmosphere. Love, love, love Brownwen . . . did I mention We LOVE Brownwen. . . very hospitable . .and fun ! ! ! Looking forward to telling all my gay friends about this hidden paradise. . Started planning a trip back before we left to include a day trip on Brownwen',s yacth.. Another fab extra this paradise has to offer, along with wine in the PM, and mimosas at noon....Looking for that Key West atmosphere with less travel time, this is the place. . she even has a cat on the property that loves to hang out at wine time. . . a must visit !!!!!!! My wife and I have found the perfect getaway. .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We decided to "scout" the Panama City Beach area on our way back from our winter break in Clearwater, FL. for a future winter escape location. We had a brief stay at the Wisteria Inn and found Bronwen to be an interesting proprietor to have a glass of wine with, next to the Inn's landscaped pool and gardens. The Inn is a comfortable bargain with rooms that are clean and charming. The nearby South Pier shopping/entertainment/restaurant district is a "must see" area that has many unique shops. Like previous guests, we too plan to return here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room # 4 just in front of the pool and landscaped courtyard. It was fantastic and I'...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FrozenTundra2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Talk about southern hospitality!! The room was affordable, and large dog friendly so we booked. Wow was I surprised how beautiful the room and property was. The pool and hot tub area looks like a private lagoon. The owner is such a gracious hostess and offered US wine in the pm and mimosas poolside at noon. Nice beach towels and beach chairs and umbrellas are free to take across the street (very short walk) to what feels like private beach. I cannot say enough about how impressed we were with the accommodations and hospitality. This place is truly a gem and I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Holly R
Panama City, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This owner/manager is one of the rudest people i've ever met. She cursed at me and my hair stylist and Maiden of Honor, brashingly ordering then to leave immediately. She went from there were 5people in the room (1)photograher, (2)hair stylist, (3)driver of Brides car, ($)Maiden of Honor w/her 2yr old ring bearer(which stayed in the motel room away from ANY guests!!) She accused the Bride of having 5 guests at pool hanging out, which was hilarious because we didn't even know those 5 people and there were 2 guys(not in our female entouage lol)The Bride broke down a cried, being forced to leave carrying her own bags, dress becuase the manager REFUSED to allow anyone to help her. We have stayed at many places on the beach and were allowed to have guests(not staying or using facilities of course) NEVER have I have been treated so unprofessionally. We were so distressed it affected us for quite some time and strained the wedding time management, we felt so uncomfortable and treated so badly we politely checked out a day early and prepaid all but manager refuses to even reimburse for the one night!! She ought to total reserve charges. She was intoxicated at 1in the afternoon.. Never would I recommend this old shabby place

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mistreatedgaybride
dowagerempress, Owner at Wisteria Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
At 12 noon I was sitting by the pool to see if anyone wanted mimosas. (I did not have one, and the allegation that I was drunk is libelous.) Five adults showed up at the far end of the pool, not interested. I thought it was the wedding couple with 3 friends, so I didn't ask them to leave. My housekeeper informed me that two toddlers had been in the room along with about 5 other people. At that point I asked those at the pool if they were staying here; they said they were waiting for the bride. I asked them to leave as the inn is not a public meeting place. I then informed the bride that the inn was not a place for her entire entourage to prepare for their wedding unless they wanted another room, and asked those not staying here to please leave. They totally ignored me, after arguing that they could have additional people in the room. I came back 10 minutes later and asked if I had not made myself clear, as they were still primping.

There were at least 10 non-paying adults and two children on the property. A dirty diaper was left on the chair outside the room, and a box of baby wipes (used) in the parking lot. Our hotel is not a staging area for weddings. Had it been a simple rendezvous, children would not have been on the beds having their diapers changed and non-guests would not have been on the property for well over an hour.
Oldsmar, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wisteria Inn was a wonderful "find" for our family weekend reunion. The inn itself is charming with a beautiful pool and garden area. The owner and staff are gracious and helpful. It is a few steps from a gorgeous Gulf beach. The inn will allow you to check out chairs and umbrellas to use while soaking up the warm sun and gentle breezes. Two dolphin pods put on quite a show for us. Wisteria Inn is quiet and peaceful - the perfect place to rest and relax. We'll be back.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front are very charming with interesting features. The ceiling in Room 1 is awesom...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy F
Pegram, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Room was beautiful and clean. People are so, so nice. Beach access was perfect. Will definitely stay here when in the area from now on. Felt like home to me. Great access to everything you need not far down the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jennifer M
Bremerton, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We planned to go to Panama City Beach and after research, I found this establisment and was excited to go. Then Isaac (Tropical Storm or Hurricane, take your pick) came along. I called to cancel because we DO NOT go INTO storms for vacations. The proprietor was extremely rude and informed me that it was ONLY predicted to be a category 2 at the most and the only way we would get our money back was if the area was evacuated. My husband and I do not need education on storms. We lost everything in Katrina and due to our jobs have been through numerous tropical storms, monsoons, a typhoon or two and a few hurricanes. We chose NOT to go experience another one and sit in a strange room with the possibility of storm surge and all the wonders that come with a hurricane. We strongly urge anyone considering to stay at this establishment to have a weather forecast for the time you will be staying there or you will likely lose your money to a very rude and inconsiderate person. The propietor was very quick to educate us on the difference between category two and five hurricane (being that she told me Katrina was a cat 5) and that Isaac was ONLY a tropical storm at the time of our cancellation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mljdg2002
dowagerempress, Owner at Wisteria Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
This customer originally called wanting her deposit back as there was a threat of a hurricane. I explained that we only refunded deposits if we were evacuated, meaning that the hurricane was serious. She felt it necessary to argue with me about hurricanes, and sent me an unpleasant email reminding me that she expected her deposit back if we were evacuated. We didn't even have rain during the 2 days of moderate winds from Isaac.

Most of our guests realize that we can keep our prices reasonable by not providing weather insurance. We haven't raised our rates in over 5 years.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panama City Beach
Legacy By The Sea
Legacy By The Sea
#15 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Panama City B...
#2 of 48 in Panama City Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,477 reviews
Carillon Beach Resort Inn
Carillon Beach Resort Inn
#2 of 3 in Panama City Beach
Pineapple Beach Villas
Pineapple Beach Villas
#20 of 83 in Panama City Beach

Been to Wisteria Inn? Share your experiences!