“This place is amazing!!”
Review of Wisteria Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Wisteria Inn
Orlando, Florida
“This place is amazing!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Talk about southern hospitality!! The room was affordable, and large dog friendly so we booked. Wow was I surprised how beautiful the room and property was. The pool and hot tub area looks like a private lagoon. The owner is such a gracious hostess and offered US wine in the pm and mimosas poolside at noon. Nice beach towels and beach chairs and umbrellas are free to take across the street (very short walk) to what feels like private beach. I cannot say enough about how impressed we were with the accommodations and hospitality. This place is truly a gem and I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Holly R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This owner/manager is one of the rudest people i've ever met. She cursed at me and my hair stylist and Maiden of Honor, brashingly ordering then to leave immediately. She went from there were 5people in the room (1)photograher, (2)hair stylist, (3)driver of Brides car, ($)Maiden of Honor w/her 2yr old ring bearer(which stayed in the motel room away from ANY guests!!) She accused the Bride of having 5 guests at pool hanging out, which was hilarious because we didn't even know those 5 people and there were 2 guys(not in our female entouage lol)The Bride broke down a cried, being forced to leave carrying her own bags, dress becuase the manager REFUSED to allow anyone to help her. We have stayed at many places on the beach and were allowed to have guests(not staying or using facilities of course) NEVER have I have been treated so unprofessionally. We were so distressed it affected us for quite some time and strained the wedding time management, we felt so uncomfortable and treated so badly we politely checked out a day early and prepaid all but manager refuses to even reimburse for the one night!! She ought to total reserve charges. She was intoxicated at 1in the afternoon.. Never would I recommend this old shabby place

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mistreatedgaybride
dowagerempress, Owner at Wisteria Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
At 12 noon I was sitting by the pool to see if anyone wanted mimosas. (I did not have one, and the allegation that I was drunk is libelous.) Five adults showed up at the far end of the pool, not interested. I thought it was the wedding couple with 3 friends, so I didn't ask them to leave. My housekeeper informed me that two toddlers had been in the room along with about 5 other people. At that point I asked those at the pool if they were staying here; they said they were waiting for the bride. I asked them to leave as the inn is not a public meeting place. I then informed the bride that the inn was not a place for her entire entourage to prepare for their wedding unless they wanted another room, and asked those not staying here to please leave. They totally ignored me, after arguing that they could have additional people in the room. I came back 10 minutes later and asked if I had not made myself clear, as they were still primping.

There were at least 10 non-paying adults and two children on the property. A dirty diaper was left on the chair outside the room, and a box of baby wipes (used) in the parking lot. Our hotel is not a staging area for weddings. Had it been a simple rendezvous, children would not have been on the beds having their diapers changed and non-guests would not have been on the property for well over an hour.
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wisteria Inn was a wonderful "find" for our family weekend reunion. The inn itself is charming with a beautiful pool and garden area. The owner and staff are gracious and helpful. It is a few steps from a gorgeous Gulf beach. The inn will allow you to check out chairs and umbrellas to use while soaking up the warm sun and gentle breezes. Two dolphin pods put on quite a show for us. Wisteria Inn is quiet and peaceful - the perfect place to rest and relax. We'll be back.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front are very charming with interesting features. The ceiling in Room 1 is awesom...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy F
Pegram, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Room was beautiful and clean. People are so, so nice. Beach access was perfect. Will definitely stay here when in the area from now on. Felt like home to me. Great access to everything you need not far down the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jennifer M
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We planned to go to Panama City Beach and after research, I found this establisment and was excited to go. Then Isaac (Tropical Storm or Hurricane, take your pick) came along. I called to cancel because we DO NOT go INTO storms for vacations. The proprietor was extremely rude and informed me that it was ONLY predicted to be a category 2 at the most and the only way we would get our money back was if the area was evacuated. My husband and I do not need education on storms. We lost everything in Katrina and due to our jobs have been through numerous tropical storms, monsoons, a typhoon or two and a few hurricanes. We chose NOT to go experience another one and sit in a strange room with the possibility of storm surge and all the wonders that come with a hurricane. We strongly urge anyone considering to stay at this establishment to have a weather forecast for the time you will be staying there or you will likely lose your money to a very rude and inconsiderate person. The propietor was very quick to educate us on the difference between category two and five hurricane (being that she told me Katrina was a cat 5) and that Isaac was ONLY a tropical storm at the time of our cancellation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mljdg2002
dowagerempress, Owner at Wisteria Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
This customer originally called wanting her deposit back as there was a threat of a hurricane. I explained that we only refunded deposits if we were evacuated, meaning that the hurricane was serious. She felt it necessary to argue with me about hurricanes, and sent me an unpleasant email reminding me that she expected her deposit back if we were evacuated. We didn't even have rain during the 2 days of moderate winds from Isaac.

Most of our guests realize that we can keep our prices reasonable by not providing weather insurance. We haven't raised our rates in over 5 years.
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Wisteria Inn the week of July 4th. It was truly the best vacation either of us have ever had! From the online reservation to the morning we headed home, it was absolutely stress free. The owner and her son treated us like family. Being a small hotel, it does have the B&B feel and we made lifelong friends with some of our fellow vacationers. I have always liked to stay "on the beach" and was not 100% happy with staying across the street but gave in because we wanted to bring our dog. It was the right decision and as long as Wisteria Inn has a room available, that's where we will stay! The room was spacious, bathroom was a little small but we made it work, complimentary Mimosa's at noon by the pool and wine in the evening, very short walk to the beach, and being on the far west end of PCB, there is no traffic. Beach chairs and umbrellas, complimentary. I can't say enough good things about it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've been to PCB many times over the years and never could find "that" place that fit in perfectly with my vacation mindset. The Wisteria Inn is "that" place!!! I felt like I was in a friend's back yard in Key West!! It was exactly what a vacation was supposed to be - peaceful and relaxing. From free noontime mimosas poolside with the owner to free towels, beach chairs and umbrellas for the ocean, everything was superb!! My partner and I loved every minute of our time there!. So much so that we added another day to our visit because we didn't want to leave! We will be back!! But next time we will get a larger room and stay longer!!! Thanks to the owner and staff!! You have our business for the next twenty years!!

Room Tip: The single rooms are tiny but worked for us because we weren't in them much. I suggest spending...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panama City Beach
The Beachside Resort
The Beachside Resort
#5 of 48 in Panama City Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama Ci...
#14 of 48 in Panama City Beach
The Pearl Hotel
The Pearl Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosemary Beach
Legacy By The Sea
Legacy By The Sea
#13 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Panama City B...
#2 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Carillon Beach Resort Inn
Carillon Beach Resort Inn
#2 of 3 in Panama City Beach

Been to Wisteria Inn? Share your experiences!