“Best Icecream”

Homemade Ice Cream Shop
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I asked what was good and the counter person said everything. Well she was not lying. We purchased three different kinds of ice cream and they were all awesome.

1  Thank Crich426

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My family found this wonderful litttle shop on the beach front over 20 years ago. We stopped because the kids were tired and ice cream sounded like a GREAT idea to them. Personally I LOVE ice cream, but find most to be terribly disappointing. That changed that day in 1990 with my first mouthful of their "vanilla"...........I was instantly transported to my childhood when our neighbor made homemade ice cream for ALL of the neighbor kids in one of those old fashioned ice cream makers complete with the rock salt, the old rug you sat on so your "bum" wouldn't freeze and someone else turned the crank by hand until it was ready. Mrs. Davis's gallon of vanilla ice cream was devoured in the rapid speed of all foods deemed extraordinary by teenagers. A gallon didn't last 20 minutes with the neighborhood kids. Needless to say I NEVER thought I'd taste that rich homemade sweetness ever again. Then I stumbled upon Florida's jewel.......The Homemade Ice Cream Shoppe in Panama City. I've brought my children,relatives , but only CLOSE friends to savor this epicurian delight. This year I packed 6 pints in dry ice to take back to Oklahoma, problem is only 4 made it into the city(I couldn't stay out of it). I dole out mouthfuls to my grandchild and my kids for only the BEST behavior,accomplishments, or special occasions. This ice cream is THAT SPECIAL if you're over 50 and remember the flavor and texture of "REAL" homemade ice cream. If the shoppe would ship it on dry ice, I'd be willing to pay close to any amount just to have it available more than once a year during my annual pilgrimage for the best ice cream on the planet!

3  Thank Littlebits1953
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This place was super crowded, and service was fast, courteous, and the ice cream was super! My grandchildren chose double scoops, different flavors, and there was a lot of exchanging of flavors.

1  Thank Elizabeth_Diantha
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We've been coming here yearly since before it was really popular. They have the very best ice cream ever! It is no longer a secret....expect to see a line. It is totally worth it though. I'm almost ashamed to admit that we came here for ice cream 6 out of 7 days of our vacation this year! :)

1  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This place is wonderful. One cup of ice cream and your hooked. The ladies that work here are very friendly. They have many flavors to choose from and the taste is unbelievable. I would highly recommend this place.

1  Thank blaze6063