“Good food”

Runaway Bay Caribbean Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the beautiful Grand Lagoon sits Runaway Bay Caribbean Grill, known for its Amazing View, Great Food, Awesome Drinks and Laid-Back Island Atmosphere! Our goal is to provide a paradise experience, using recipes from the tropics to give families a taste of the Caribbean. Runaway Bay has inside and outdoor dining, swimming in the outdoor pool, live music, dancing, outdoor tiki bar, and gift shop, so bring the whole family for some guaranteed family fun!
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Good food-had shrimp scampi which happened to be on the early Hurd special, price was right as well. Fast service, full bar and totally friendly service! Will go back and try lunch too.

There are newer reviews for Runaway Bay Caribbean Grill

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were just driving around, and we saw this gem of a restaurant and stopped in to have lunch. The staff was so nice , the food was as good as it gets. The best burger , and the best seafood ever. Would highly recommend this for any meal. DELICIOUS!

1  Thank Lana B
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Since I live very close to this restaurant, I have eaten there several times. Each time has been a very good experience. Good service, a great variety of food, including scamp! Also the view of the boats and the lagoon adds to the whole experience! Recently had the oysters..from Apalachicola...the best kind!

1  Thank MaryLou102013
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went to Runaway three times on a recent trip to PCB.The first time it was at the advice of the man who had just helped me replace all the old weeds and burrs with bright new white pebbles on my house on Sunset Ave.He,his wife and I sat indoors and had the $6.99 buffet.It was okay.Decent for the price.Next time my cousin and I sat out back where we were afforded a view of the bay,the bay traffic(including the pirate ship) and the boatyard next door.We had delicious Appalachicola oysters at $5.99 a doz.We went one more time with a young protege and her boyfriend.He had shrimp and grits and raved about it.She had fish tacos and was less pleased.My cousin had jumbalaya and loved it.I had the catch of the day-black grouper fresh from the Gulf.I had it blackened.That might be why it was a bit dried out and over-cooked.It was still quite edible and I ate it all. As we waited for the food we watched the huge forklifts raise and lower big cruisers from the bay onto the yard and vice versa.Fun!The prices for everything there are reasonable.The service varied each time but was never bad.There are many great places to eat at the beach and I will be running away back to this one.

1  Thank jackman1111
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Maybe we are spoiled to real Caribbean experiences, but we really felt that the buffet was not so great. The fried fish was salty, the sides were just OK and the rice didn't have the pineapple flare that was advertised, only white rice.. Everything was just kind of so-so. We won't repeat.