“First Class Fishing!”

The Reel Contender Fishing Charter
Ranked #9 of 87 Tours in Panama City Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: The Reel Contender Fishing Charter in Panama City Beach is a serious experience filled with fishing, fun and great memories. Captain David Burke has one goal, to help you, your family and friends enjoy a fishing experience that will not soon be forgotten. Our charters are perfect for everyone, from beginners to the most experienced, and can be scheduled near shore or off shore. Anglers looking for a more private, personalized experience are looking for a trip aboard the Reel Contender Charter boat.
“First Class Fishing!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Everything about the trip was first class. Captain David was a great communicator - his boat and equipment were excellent - and he put us on the fish in a hurry! We limited out on Red Snapper within the first 2 hours, then went on to catch grouper and even snagged a king mackerel. Our group of 5, including my 12 year old son had the best day. I was impressed how Captain David made sure each of us were successful. We will be back for more fishing on The Reel Contender. Thanks again!

Visited July 2014

“WILL NOT DISAPPOINT”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I can't say enough about the experience we had with The Reel Contender Fishing Charter. Very professional and laid back at the same time. I've been on many charters, head boats, and fishing trips throughout the country and this by far from start to finish was the smoothest most successful fishing charter I've been part of. Captain Dave was very knowledgeable, helpful with kids, knows the area, and put us on fish the entire time we were out. The first mate Chase was great and if we were not baited and ready to fish at all times it was because he was busy unhooking all the fish we were catching all at once, which was a great problem to have! I'm sure you can find many other charters in Panama City Beach area that are cheaper, and I've been on a few of those myself... If you want to go for an expensive boat ride, sit in one place and drink beer, never move around whether the fish are biting or not, only to catch a couple of small Red Snapper then yeah book the other guys that are cheaper. But if you want to limit out on Red Snapper within a few hours, and be so busy catching a wide variety of fish that you don't even have time to drink beer, then go with The Reel Contender. Captain Dave works hard and moves around when it's necessary to have you constantly on top of fish. Even when we were moving to try a new location for snapper he would throw a few lines out and troll, which most of the time resulted in a nice King Mackerel. When we got back to the dock they took our picture which is posted below and then filleted them up for us for no extra cost. Great service and great trip... Worth every penny and I would highly recommend The Reel Contender Fishing Charter!!!

“Wow!!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Had trip to remember with my son. Captain David had us catching all kinds of fish and it was nonstop action. First class all the way.

Marietta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredible Experience!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Everything about our experience with Captain David was first class. From setting up the trip, to the communication, to the actual trip was effortless and went without a hitch. My wife, myself and our 2 kids (18 and 17) went on the charter and all but me had never been on a charter before. I have been on larger charters, and this was my first private charter that catered to just my family. Captain David put us on fish at every stop and we not only caught our limit of Red Snapper, but we also caught Sea Bass, King Mackerel, White Snapper, and Triggers. Our lines were setup, and constantly had bait on them thanks to the Captn, and Chase who was the first mate and was awesome to talk with and in everything he did to keep us fishing! We saw dolphins, flying fish, you name it and when we returned to the dock, we took pictures with the fish and Captain David cleaned every fish and packed it in our cooler with ice. Fantastic service! Don't let the price scare you away. With everything you pay for in PC Beach, this BY FAR is the best $$ value we have experienced and we have been coming to PC Beach for many many years. We will definitely call Capt. David next time in PC to go out again. Don't search any further for your charter fishing needs.

1 Thank Rob L
Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An "Awesome" Fishing Day”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our trip was an early morning fantasy with Grandpa, son and daughter-in-law and three grandsons. We met David Burke and his father at the dock at 5:30 AM and picked up some live bait and our adventure started. Captain Dave put us on red snapper and we caught our limit. We , also, landed some feisty King Mackerel . All of these fish were filleted for us back at the dock.

If you want a great fishing adventure, we highly recommend The reel Contender.