“Holmes Creek Tour - Great!”

Walkin' On Water Paddleboards
More attraction details
Owner description: Come on an exciting stand up paddleboard tour with Walkin' On Water Paddleboards! Its easy and fun for the whole family! WOW offers paddleboard lessons, eco-tours among our beautiful lakes, rivers, and clear coastal waters, paddleboard yoga classes, and paddleboard rentals. Enjoy a unique water experience with WOW's patient instructors /tour guides.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Gabriel took 12 of us on the Holmes Creek Tour. We had a great time! He is so patient and great to work with. The 7-year old in our group had doubts so he let us pull her behind us in a little boat. The natural spring was beautiful, it was great exercise and the creek was wonderful with plenty of tree cover. He had beginner boards which were very easy to use and some advanced ones as well. Amazingly we fell very few times - it was really easy to learn. The sandwiches were also good. Gabriel runs a tight ship, he was on time and runs a very professional operation. This was a favorite of our group which ranged from ages 7 to 55. We highly recommend WOW.

2  Thank Brent R

Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you are ever in the Panama City Beach area and would like to try Paddleboarding, do yourself a favor and give Gabriel a call. My wife and I did the tour on Lake Powell and I don't think we could've had a better experience. Gabriel was an excellent instructor and guide and it's obvious that he loves what he does. I will definitely be making a return visit to WOW on my next trip to PCB! Highly recommended!!!!

1  Thank tristan782
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I, along with three friends, decided to give paddle boarding a try. It was SUPER EASY to learn and Gabriel was a top-notch guide. He is very knowledgable and passionate about the sport and the PCB area. We did the river tour (Holmes Creek) and LOVED it! It was very relaxing, tranquil, and surreal. The sport of paddle boarding is a great overall core activity -- that anyone can do. The tour was amazing ... the scenery and the springs, which we snorkeled in was beautiful! I HIGHLY recommend paddle boarding and Walkin' on Water Paddleboards (WOW)!!!! Gabriel, Thanks for a great adventure!!

2  Thank johnsonlnl29
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My college aged kids and I like to plan at least one "adventure" when we take a vacation and this fit the bill perfectly! Setting up the trip with Gabriel, the owner, was very easy and we met him at his store front in Carillon Beach. We immediately felt at ease with him and had a nice chat on the 35 minute ride in his truck, loaded with the gear needed, to Holmes Creek just outside of Vernon, FL.

Once on the water, Gabriel went over some basic SUP moves and then we paddled upstream towards the spring. The water level was higher than usual due to recent rains so clarity was not what it usually is. During this peaceful float, we saw some flocks of egrets along the banks and occasionally flying overhead, as well as a turtle. When we reached the spring, the brilliant blue color and clarity of the water was breathtaking. We soon beached our boards and snorkeled through the spring, with Gabriel supplying snorkel equipment and taking lots of candid shots, both above and below the water. There are even two rope swings to take flight on (my son really enjoyed this). Be sure to check out the sear lettuce!

We then had a sandwich,water and chips provided by Gabriel and took a leisurely float downstream to another spring- not as clear but had mullets skipping through the water around our boards. After a short paddle back to the launch site, we headed back to PCB. Gabriel stopped at a local store so we could try the boiled peanuts,something we'd northerners had never had.

I would recommend this trip, especially if you like getting in some exercise (not at all strenuous) and enjoying nature in another part of the county. Great half day away from the beach. We would do this again!!

1  Thank Denneryboy
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a great time with Gabriel of WOW Paddleboards. He was laid backed and made us comfortable in learning how to paddleboard. Our trip was revised due to the weather so we did the tour around Lake Powell. It was just a very peaceful trip filled with smiles and laughter. I'm already planning for the next trip up to PCB this summer and the top of the list is the river tour with WOW Paddleboards. Stop by the shop, they have yoga in the back and beautiful boards in the front. Two thumbs up!

Lake Powell tour 3/5/2013 (Spring Break!)

1  Thank LMT-G_75