“Comfortable-Beachfront- Clean”

Nautical Watch Gulf Side Villas
Marietta, GA
“Comfortable-Beachfront- Clean”
Reviewed October 18, 2007

I was a little hesitant at first because most of the reviews were around 3 or 3.5. I give this place a 4.95. I would say this place is great for all comers. Be sure to get a beachfront room; It's only a few bucks more, but well worth watching the sunset from your balcony.
The Good- Clean & Large Rooms- Beachfront Condo has an awesome view- Quiet part of PCB- Close to lots of dining [Treasure Ship, Liza's Kitchen)-Full Kitchen-Plenty of towels, linens & pillows-Working appliances

The Bad- Limited Office Hours [Had to go to hotel next door to check-in]-U-Turn to get into parking lot.

Yes. I took that photo. I will definitely return to this condo.

• Liked — Beachfront view
  • Disliked — u-turn to get into parking lot
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tiger517

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mississippi
Reviewed September 18, 2007

We stayed here for our nephew's wedding the week after Labor Day. We wouldn't have picked this place because it's older and cheap, but we wanted to stay with the rest of the extended family and the group rate was so low, we figured we could tough it out for a few nights (we actually stayed at another hotel that cost 4x more for four nights, then moved to Nautical Watch when the rest of the group got to town). Our room was so clean, I never found a speck of anything. The patio door didn't close correctly, but neither did the door at the $200/night place we stayed in before the Watch. I thought we would miss our gulf view terribly, but it really wasn't an issue. We stayed right next to the pool, nice large patio, our 8-year old was in heaven so close to the pool. The beach was right around the corner and it was so gorgeous, I think we may have appreciated it more and spent more time there because we didn't have a gulf view. I can't wait to go back. Check in was great, they let us in our room early, the manager came from a meeting, called us on our cell while we walked on the beach to tell us she was ready to let us in. Fantastic experience.

• Liked — ground floor accessibility, cleanliness, pool access, beach, privacy, parking
  • Disliked — older furnishings, uncomfortable sleeper sofa, doors didn't close properly
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Douglasville, Ga.
Reviewed August 30, 2007

We booked on VRBO and found a poolside 1 BR Condo for about $120 a night in July. We jumped all over that deal and did not regret it. The condo was in good shape and was pretty clean (could use new carpet). I think it was unit D3? Anyway we didn't even have to check in or out, there is a key box w/ a code by the front door. It had a full kitchen and the pool was actually about 20 steps from our patio. Very nice grounds, well maintained pool, and a perfect place to take your family without breaking the bank. The Ray Family, Douglasville Ga.

• Liked — Location and value
  • Disliked — Carpet needs to be replaced or cleaned.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank AtlantaBry
chattanooga
Reviewed August 18, 2007

we have just returned from a week at nautical watch, unit b15. this is a 3 bedroom condo right on the beach. the swimming pool is in the back so even the pool doesnt block the wonderful view. shelia knight is the property owner. she has done something that, in my experience, few condo owners do: spent money on the beds and bedding. the beds were pillow top and very comfortable. ths sheets were soft and obviously expensive as well. the whole experience was great.

• Liked — beds and location
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank cherryfrost
Atlanta
Reviewed August 14, 2007

This Condo was built around 1988. Still had a memo posted from 1988 in the kitchen. We had a great view of the beach but the inside of the Condo was very very run down and smelled like burnt bacon. No maid service the entire stay. We only received towels. If you book, tell them not to book you in Condo B2. FYI they charge between a 2.95 - 9.99 per day for a booking fee and a 200.00 deposit.

• Liked — Beach
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank klhmlh
West Point, GA
Reviewed June 29, 2007

After I read a lot of the reviews posted, I was kinda skepical about the stay the my family had planned at the Nautical Watch. But, when I arrived it was amazing. Check-in was wonderful, the manager ( Shiree ) was very nice. The room was great, better than I expected. The kid's club was great, my cousin loved it. The pool setting was beautiful. We are already making plans to go back next year. Just a little advice, the room with a loft is on the 3rd floor.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — stairs
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Jesusfirst18
Kentucky
Reviewed July 23, 2006

Well...let's begin with our arrival on July 17, 2006. We entered the office and were greeted by a female who could barely speak English, put papers in front of us to sign, and handed me some keys. We went to our unit, opened the door, and much to our surprise, we were greeted with a room that was already occupied...luckily, the occupants were not in a compromised position. After returning to the office to report the double booking, the same female attempted to put us in another complex or another room unlike the one we had already paid for...that was not acceptable. I ended up looking through the reservations and had her put us in another room of some unknown persons who had unfortunately not arrived yet...sorry to whoever got bumped. I made the young lady stay until I was assured that the room was vacant and I made her promise that it would be our room for the entire stay...things were looking up, we got a room that had nobody elses luggage in it and I released the employee to go home (I think she quit because we did not see her again).

Onto the room and where to begin...it became my understanding in talking to several other vacationers during the week that there is a substantial difference between the privately owned and rented condos versus the ones that hotel[--] and others book...my recommendation...GO PRIVATE!! Our room had several problems, first and foremost, definate safety issues that we demanded be repaired immediately. There was no fan or light cover in the bathroom over the shower leaving exposed electrical wires...not a good mix near water...and it took a couple of days before the fan was repaired...the light never was. The dishwasher was not secured in under the cabinet...I found this out when both racks were out for unloading and the whole thing tipped forward several inches...luckily, I had no toes under there and no dishes fell to the floor (C'mon people, two screws was all that needed, there were no holes so they were never installed). Onto the room itself...it would best be summed up as a fixer-upper. The furniture was worn, outdated, uncomfortable, and seemed to be a rag tag collection of yardsale items. Several blind stats were missing and several more fell while we were there...we just stacked them up behind the couch...I guess the good news was we didn't need to open them for a view of the beach!! There were holes in the wall that need spackle, the fans and vents had nearly a quarter inch of dust, the carpet was un-vacuumed and worn, the dishes were dirty, there were crumbs of various ages in all the kitchen drawers, the mattress was worn with wire springs protruding, the couch back springs were gone, the sliding door was so hard to operate that a child or elderly person would have never gotten it open, the TV cable connections were broken (I repaired them myself), and several other small but annoying things. You know, if I was 18 and there on Spring Break...I would have drunk enough beer that none of all the things wrong would have mattered...but I've outgrown all that and I've learned that drinking that much beer gives me headaches. Maybe I'm not so sorry for the people we bumped...LOL. Your cleaning crew is Russian or Croatian (I don't know which), but your service is very sporadic, they don't knock before entering (who ever you were, hope you enjoyed the show, I know I blushed), and some days you get fresh towels, other days, you never see them...based on our room, they don't do windows...or anything else that I could see.

Now there were some good things about this vacation because we were not going to let our accomodations ruin our good time. The air conditioning was all that, the pool was nice and clean, and the beach was awesome. Panama City in season is a madhouse but at the end of the beach where we stayed, life was a little slower. Nautical Watch is a good family spot as there were kids of all ages there and most behaved very well. Our place could have been taken care of with less than 200.00 and a days work...the place just needs some maintenance!!

I can't say that I will ever return to Panama City Beach in season, but it I do, I can say that I will never stay at Nautical Watch without some serious improvement...and I don't know if I want to gamble that much money and a vacation on it.

Stayed July 2006
Long Beach Resort
#16 of 83 in Panama City Beach
Seychelles Beach Resort
#3 of 12 in Panama City

Been to Nautical Watch Gulf Side Villas? Share your experiences!