“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Review of Regency Towers

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Regency Towers
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This condo is a joke! I am a 34 year old woman and while me, my husband and 2 kids, and 4 other adults were there, we were treated like children! The manager whom was a woman and younger than me, treated me terrible over a misunderstanding with children's toys in the pool and didn't even apologize. Also, they didn't give us our security deposit back of 550 dollars because they said we didn't start our dishwasher or take our garbage out. THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON. The security was good though. Be careful folks! I've stayed a lot of places in Panama City Beach and this is my least favorite place today. Don't get hooked because of all the good reviews because from my experience, and the 8 other people that came with me, it was not good.

8  Thank Melody H

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have spent several mini vacations here and love it. The property is right on the beach with two pools (one heated and one not) on the oceanfront. It is located just on the beginning of the busy section of the beach so you are close enough to all the restaurants and nightlife, but not consumed with the mass of people you are when you go a little further west. The owner we stay with keeps his condo in great shape and doesn't rent to teenagers during spring break which keeps his place in good shape.
The sand on the beach is soft and doesn't get too hot! Nice chairs for rent at a resonable rate along the beach complete with umbrella and a waiter. Not bad when you just want to sit back and listen to the waves crash the shoreline!
Have we stayed in nicer places...yes, but this is a very good place to stay when you don't want to travel to an exotic island and pay exotic island prices.

Room Tip: Check out the condo you are renting online before you rent. These are individually owned so they are...
2  Thank Dougmet
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We rented room 802 from VRBO and the owner was very nice. It was a reasonable price, but this particular condo is not updated. The bath and tub are green, need I say more. It was musty smelling upon arrival but apparently this is a problem at the beach. I was really horrified when I found blood stains and another unidentified dried up stuff on the comforter in one bedroom. The owner offered to bring in another one but we just cleaned it. What I could not stand is that one person would take a shower and no one else would get hot water, mind you that seven of us were staying in a three bedroom condo. There was a good bit of late night noise but maybe that was due to it being spring break.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank teason1
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have been coming to the regency for years. I like the gated community and the heated pool. The guard staff is very nice the office staff is ok. I also like the section of the beach where there are less partiers. You still get some noise issues during spring break but far less than in the main areas. This is a good place for older people or families. The only other caution is the in consistencies in the rooms. We have rented 4 different rooms with one being not so good. I hope this helps. Panama beach has some of the best sunsets in the world.

2  Thank roatandonna
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Well I found the place very attractive, clean and managed properly. They are more advanced with their new website where I booked directly. And last week it was new experience there.

I can say they improved a lot..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank pcbeachlover44
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Average condo with nothing special (good or bad) about it. If you are the spring break type, know that you have a 2 mile walk to the main bars and clubs as this is further east that most of the hot spots. Two pools are well maintained.
Okay, there was one bad thing - the cleaning service did nothing to prep the room and my friends who arrived a day before I did spent their first evening washing towels and linen and cleaning up. The condo owner was pissed so I assumed it is an isolated incident but worth mentioning none the less.

Room Tip: Each unit is individually owned so be sure to check out the pics of the EXACT unit you plan on renti...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bezus
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We rented thru Regency's rental online. The pictures for room 415 did not tell the whole story. We arrived late after the office closed so we got the keys from security. We literally had to hold our breath when we walked into the room. It smelled like someone had curried a cat. We did not think we could stand it thru the night, sleeping with both doors open just to breath. The carpet was in need of shampooing along with a thorough vacuuming. There were food particles in the carpet in every room. The bathroom floors had hairs all over them. Luckily we brought Lysol with us. The next morning, my husband went to the store to buy fabreez and disenfecting/cleaning supplies to clean the room while I went to the office to check in and let them know about the problems with the room. The only response I got at the desk was to fill out the form in my packet and turn it in then they would send housekeeping up. I filled out the form and we NEVER saw housekeeping. The TV in the master was so old, it had a faux wood cabinet with a knob for the volume which was broken off. Luckily I had tweezers so I could adjust the volume. When we were leaving, I looked under the sofa to make sure we weren't leaving anything behind and found a half full water bottle with a custom label that read "Vanderbilt University Commencement 5-11-12". That was August 4. It had been there almost 3 months. When I checked out, I left the survey and told the woman about all the problems in the room. She said she would be in touch with me. So far I have heard nothing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family