“Wow what a place”
Review of Regency Towers

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Regency Towers
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Well I found the place very attractive, clean and managed properly. They are more advanced with their new website where I booked directly. And last week it was new experience there.

I can say they improved a lot..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank pcbeachlover44

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Average condo with nothing special (good or bad) about it. If you are the spring break type, know that you have a 2 mile walk to the main bars and clubs as this is further east that most of the hot spots. Two pools are well maintained.
Okay, there was one bad thing - the cleaning service did nothing to prep the room and my friends who arrived a day before I did spent their first evening washing towels and linen and cleaning up. The condo owner was pissed so I assumed it is an isolated incident but worth mentioning none the less.

Room Tip: Each unit is individually owned so be sure to check out the pics of the EXACT unit you plan on renti...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bezus
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We rented thru Regency's rental online. The pictures for room 415 did not tell the whole story. We arrived late after the office closed so we got the keys from security. We literally had to hold our breath when we walked into the room. It smelled like someone had curried a cat. We did not think we could stand it thru the night, sleeping with both doors open just to breath. The carpet was in need of shampooing along with a thorough vacuuming. There were food particles in the carpet in every room. The bathroom floors had hairs all over them. Luckily we brought Lysol with us. The next morning, my husband went to the store to buy fabreez and disenfecting/cleaning supplies to clean the room while I went to the office to check in and let them know about the problems with the room. The only response I got at the desk was to fill out the form in my packet and turn it in then they would send housekeeping up. I filled out the form and we NEVER saw housekeeping. The TV in the master was so old, it had a faux wood cabinet with a knob for the volume which was broken off. Luckily I had tweezers so I could adjust the volume. When we were leaving, I looked under the sofa to make sure we weren't leaving anything behind and found a half full water bottle with a custom label that read "Vanderbilt University Commencement 5-11-12". That was August 4. It had been there almost 3 months. When I checked out, I left the survey and told the woman about all the problems in the room. She said she would be in touch with me. So far I have heard nothing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Buttercups123
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just left condo 410 at the Regency Towers. This condo was very basic. But, it was very clean, quiet, and comfortable, except for the master bed which was as hard as a rock. Great view of the pool and nasty beach. Had plenty of luggage carts but some guests preferred to keep them in their rooms. Not one available at midnight on Friday night. The pool area is very nice and clean. Big secure parking lot.
The elevator situation is a serious problem. In reading others reviews, I decided that there was no way it could be as bad as reported. It is TERRIBLE. After waiting for 30 minutes this morning, yes 30 minutes, we ended up carrying all our luggage down the stairs. They need a traffic cop in the stairwells as they are crowded with guests using them. People on the upper floors were SOL. Dozens of people were waiting for elevators. This situation takes place every day. Don't be fooled by the positive reviews. The smell is real, the problems are real, go somewhere else.
We love PCB but this was our last trip there. The seaweed on the beach is 12 - 18 inches deep. Nasty brown and stinking seaweed. There has always been a small seaweed problem when we were there in the past. This is the final straw. The beach is nasty, the water is nastier. The City/County tried to clean it up on Thursday but during the night it came back even worse. Goodbye Panama City Beach!

4  Thank DHayes818
Reviewed July 22, 2012

You can rent a unit at Regency Towers through a number of different sources. I had read really horrrible reviews and really great reviews on this property so I was very concerned about going there. My sisters booked this trip and my family was just along for the ride - we weren't involved in property selection. Everyone in my group booked their condos at RT through JRF Beach Rentals. Not saying that's the only way to go but as a point of reference, that's who we used. We rented units 1221 (3 bd, 2 bath), 309 (2 bdrm 2 bath), and 526 (3 bdrm 2 bath).

Overall, you have to know what you are getting into with Regency Towers and this end of the beach, in general. The west end of Panama City Beach starting at Pier Park and working down towards Clara Ave is the best part of Panama City Beach from what I could tell. Down towards RT, the beaches are still nice but the property values go down. This is NOT Destin, Seaside, or Rosemary Beach. The property looks to have been built in the 70's and although old, is a solidly designed building right on the beach. It is true the elevators are a little bit of an issue, especially on Saturday when everyone arrives at 4pm and is off loading their stuff. If you get here on Saturday, wait until 6pm or 7pm to enter the property and you'll be better off. By then the flurry of people checking in and trying to get their weeks worth of crap up the elevator will have subsided. Either way, we managed and it wasn't terrible. They have re-programmed the elevators to allow only 3 floors punched at time. This prevents the kids from punching all the numbers and running away which is what was happening recently and was causing all the elevator problems. I found the elevators to be okay and tolerable.

Secondly, while this property is directly on the beach, has two pools, a seaside grill, etc.....it is not a luxury beach vacation by any means. Everyone brings pavillion tents to set up on the beach and it's pretty much tent city all up and down this stretch with inked up SEC fans (I've never seen more Bulldog, Tiger, and Roll Tide licensed goods in my life - you get the picture....

Our condo, 526 was great. It was not gulffront but we had a great balcony and a view of the beach. The unit was very large and recently remodeled. Units 309 and 1221 were a little more tired but were gulf front units with better views. Frankly, I liked 526 because it was outfitted better, had a GREAT air conditioning system, and was next door to the elevator which was convenient. The parking lots were okay but late at night was tough to find a spot. We always found a spot but it was slim pickings after 10pm.

The pools were overcrowded and basically a bacterial experiment. I'm sure they had enough chemicals in there and it's all good but I never went in either pool. The beachfront was the best thing about RT. It is a very nice beach. There is jet ski rental, parasailing, and other things you can do right from RT beach. If you're into all day beach activities, dragging your stuff up and down every day (you can't leave anything on the beach at night), then RT is a decent middle of the road property for a large family beach vacation. It's cheap and a good value.

If you are looking for an asthetically pleasing venue with that soft Destin kind of feel, this is not the property for you. If you want to roll the dice a little on condo conditions and stay at a very inexpensive beach front property and you plan on going to the beach as your main source of entertainment, it's a good deal.

The security was good. The parking lot and property are secured by guards and you have to know the code to get from beach to the inside of the RT. So, that was good and I felt okay letting my teen kids run around the property.

Overall I liked the RT because we had 16 in our group and spent most of our time on the beach but I wouldn't stay there again if it was just my family. If you're already booked in the RT, you'll have a good time. If you're expecting Destin, it isn't. But it's a good value if you pick the right condo and set your expectations appropriately.

I will say that whenever we had an issue, JRF was on the spot with someone to help. I have no major complaints. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Unit 526 not beach front is a fresh unit, recently remodeled. Main TV is updated but has older TVs...
5  Thank travelerman12
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family stayed June 30, 2012 to July 7, 2012 Our room was not ready when we checked in at 4:30PM. It took 5 Hours for them to get the room ready. We didn't get the room until 9:30 PM that night. The elevators stayed tore up the whole week. The managment was not very helpful. Elevator shoot smelled bad and we full.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dewayne S
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My family and I stayed at Regency Towers from July 7-14th. After some of the reviews I was a bit worried but I am not sure what all of the complaints were about. Due to the extreme heat in the midwest we decided to leave at midnight to drive thru the night. We knew we couldn't check in until 4:00pm so we asked security where we should spend a few hours. He had lots of suggestions and also gave us directions. We still had some time before we could check in so we went to wal-mart to get all of our supplies(now that place is CRAZY) we got back at 4:30pm there was only one person in front us to check in. The ladies at the front desk were very friendly and got us checked in quick. We stayed in 524 and 506. I had read all of the complaints about the elavators but we did not have any issues with them the whole time we were there and normally we didn't have to wait long at all even on the day we checked in. We were checked in and in our rooms within maybe 10-15 mins. Rooms do vary how upated they were. I stayed in 524 and he had been recently updated and was very nice. 506 needed some updates but an ocean front condo for what we payed for it you can't complain. Plus we weren't in our condo's much anyway. The pools were always clean and were well maintained. We didn't have any issues with our towels being moved etc. when we went from pool to pool back to our rooms etc. Pool music did not suck and they did have a DJ on the 7th. Beach access from the Regencies pool area was easy and they had showers etc to use when you came off the beach. The Regency is very family focused and even had activites for the kids. We had several fast pitch softball teams that stayed in our hotel that were playing in the world series. They made our stay even more exciting especially since they all seem to be winning their games. The little resturant between the pools was very reasonable and the food we had was pretty good. Overall we had no complaints our dishwasher didn't work but we didn't realize this until we went to run in on Friday so they didn't have time to fix it before we let. If you want to rent a condo that is nice yet a reasonably price this is a great place to stay. Also, we met numerous people that have stayed at the Regency year after year for up to 10 to 12 years so obviously it not as bad as some people have stated in their reviews. My family is already making arrangements to stay there again next year.

7  Thank Lisa K