“Worst Vacation”
Review of Sterling Beach

Sterling Beach
Reviewed March 5, 2012

From the beginning this was terrible. A pushy sales person name Derek assisted me. All she wanted was to make the reservation and get my credit card number. When I arrived I had to wait to check in because of a mix up with my name spelling. The condo was below average and disappointing to say the least. We are going to Mrytle beach next year instead

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Aaron W
There are newer reviews for Sterling Beach

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I'm 13 and you might thing I'm a little young to be writting a review, but we have been staying a Sterling Beach since 2004. In 2004 on mistake they gave us a 3 bedroom 3 bathrooms on mistake instead of a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom, and we been loving it ever since. in 2009 I stepped on a piece of glass there (which is now why there is a no glass sign by the pool) and lucky we were so nice we only made them pay for my crutches. Also I got to ride on luggage rack to the pool and to our room everyday. The cleaning isnt the best, but I love how each room is designed different. The kitchen is nice and roomy. One thing I'm dissappointed about is the grills which dont work very well.The great thing about it too is that the parking lot and pool usally are not crowded.The size of the pool was one of things that led us. I can't wait for our trip this summer!

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the 8th and 9th level have the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We were so looking forward to our trip to PCB. This is our 7th year in Panama City Beach, because We love it here. VERY VERY disappointed to pay the amount we paid, to be annoyed by balcony restoration. Let me explain the noise that starts at 9am and does not quit until 7pm is so LOUD! You cannot watch TV, or listen to the radio to drown out the noise. You can't even hear yourself think. This had me in tears and was so upsetting. Don't think you are going to take a late afternoon nap, because even ear plugs cannot drown out the noise of vibration throughout the condos. I cannot imagine how the renters with small children are dealing with this. We have stayed at Treasure Island, Seychelles, Calypso, Grand Panama and now Sterling Beach and this has been the worse vacation. The pool is very nice, but was closed for 24 hours which was very upsetting to many people. The grounds are clean and beautiful. The security guards are very rude and have no personality whatsoever! Now I do understand that condos have to have maintenance, but my thinking is if you need this extensive work done than you need to be closed your slowest month of the year and get it done. If that is not a possibility, than you need to rent out the condos at a discounted price, with renters understanding the reason they are getting a discounted price. I will never stay here again, just for the fact that they care nothing about their renters. Renting condos with this kind of restoration is a RIPOFF and not a relaxing vacation to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank beachloverfromSI
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Sterling beach resort in Panama City Beach FL. is a beautiful condominium resort. The location is outstanding. Far enough away from the "Spring Breakers", but directly on the beach. The pool, hottub, grilling area and grounds are beautiful. The walk to the beach is short and well kept. The workout room is small, but efficient. The staff at the front desk was helpful at all times. The only negative I can give is do not stay in condo #301 until it is painted and the furniture is cleaned. There are numerous other condo's on this property that are in spectacular condition.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cantonsunshine
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed here off season for a steal. This was the first time I stayed at a place where I had to do all the cleaning. If I had known that I would have brought my hoover vacuum and bissel steam cleaner, the carpet was so dirty it was almost unbearable to look at, I wanted to clean it so bad. The front office must not have a supervisor that ever checks on them since the NEVER came to work on time. They have a free dvd rental machine in the office but the receptionist never came to work till ten and were suppose to be open by nine. Make sure you bring everything you need since they will not restock any items during your stay. They also have a lot furniture and displays in the room, not ideal if you have small children that constantly grab things. No 24 hour service so if your key card doesnt work after 5 your in trouble. Other than that I wouldnt pay 350 in the spring summer season if I have to do all the maint around the place.

Pros

Great Pool with bubbles, and Spa.

Great fitness facility

Great beach view

Great location.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank reaper69316
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Absolutely the best place to be in Panama City Beach, FL! Gorgeous grounds & pool, units are much biggest units on the beach, most are beautifully decorated - each unit is independantly owned so just depends on what style the owners have & if they keep it updated. Great large kitchen area, big pantry & bar. BEST part is the view!! Wall of glass that will have you sold the minute you walk in. HUGE balconies overlooking the lagoon shaped pool - you will LOVE this place!!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BchloverGA
Reviewed October 16, 2009

A nice enough place unless the wind blows. Then the deck railings set up a roar like a huge airplane landing right in your unit. I mean it's really ridiculous. I'm glad I don't own anything here or I'd be looking for someone to sue; I'm pretty sure full disclosure did not include "Hey, don't plan on sleeping when it's windy." The rental office acknowledges there is a problem but refuses any discussion of a refund for leaving early. In fairness, I spoke to two other renters; one was as bothered as I am, but another said "It's bad, but oh well." So whether you should stay here depends on how much discomfort you want for your money. We are here for the month; so far 5 out of 15 days have been horrible.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business