“Loved it! Great people working there.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Raccoon River Campground
Rex, Georgia
“Loved it! Great people working there.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2007

Fantastic! It has been a while since we visited, unfortunately we no longer have our camper. Raccoon River was the most fun we had camping! At night we would walk up to the beach and see the night life, play goofy golf, etc. I REALLY must get another camper! You MUST give it a try!!!

Stayed July 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2006

My Husband And I LOVE Raccoon River, we are planning a trip right now to take our 1 yr old to the beach for the first time. And the only way to make his trip special is to stay at this family, fun-loving campground!

• Stayed April 2004
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2005

I loved it and now go every weekend ! In fact i am packing right now ! I FULLY suggest going here !

Stayed November 2005
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2005

We have been staying at this campground for three years. Welove it more with every return trip.We are packing now for an 8 day stay. We love the fact that the kids have 2 pools and a playground to occupy them. The staff is great and the restrooms are clean! Camp store right on the grounds is very nice. My ONLY complaint would be that the first pool closes at dark. That is the time that I like to swim. But overall it is a wonderful place to take the whole family.

• Stayed June 2004
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2005

We have went to this campsite for two years now and it is the best. the people that work their are soo cool their is a uy named mike he is the best and his friend dan is a best bud when u get to know him. they are the best people their. they will be your beat friends forever. sinseraly Cole Dunn

Stayed April 2005
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2004

I started visiting Raccoon River when I was a single parent and had 2 girls to take on budget vacations. We would take our tent, grill out and walk to the beach. My girls are now grown and married and are making their own camping trips to raccoon river. I am now remarried and have a camper and a teenage son. The first time I took my husband on a camping trip, he was sure he wasn't going to like it. He is now a regular too. The location is the best. Just a short walk gets you to the beach and you don't have to worry about traffic or parking. Miracle Strip Amusement Park and Shpwreck Island are also close. If you have visited Panama City you know how traffic can really be a headache at night.
The staff is always friendly and the campground is clean and well kept. Sites are nice and shady. I do wish that they would add some circulation to the shower areas though. I plan to return soon for another visit.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2004

The campground itself is fine, its the power hookup, it is ridicules. I could not use my air conditioning because of low voltage. And the campground maintenance man told me the compressor in my air condition was bad and he knew a good air man, Hum? Not only the air, but you couldnt run any appliance, not even a box fan without tripping one of my camper breaker.
I had a four night reservation and only stayed two days, couldnt stand the heat anymore, packed up and went to
Panama City RV resort. This place is awesome. go to
------------------------. My air conditioning worked fine at this place.

• Stayed February 2004