“The website is a little deceiving...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Raccoon River Campground
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed here in a pop up. The sites are crazy teeny. We asked to be next to the bathhouse and were placed beside one (thanks!) The staff was very friendly and polite. The pools were NOT heated as described on the website. My kids were disapointed. They had neat playgrounds and a really cool play house for the kids. The entire park just seemed run down. They gave us a military discount if we paid cash.. ? The bathrooms were decent but had a lot of graffity, including profanity. They are kinda pricey. We would probably not go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank TracyHobbs

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here from July 6th until the 16th. Our initial impression was not ideal. We have a 31' Class A with no slides and had a tough time getting into our spot. Once in we made the best of it though. We did have a good time though. The kids loved the pool and playground. The roads are paved now. I would be wary if we had a larger motorhome as most of the sites looked pretty tight. There were some sites that we would not have been able to even open our canopy due to the closeness of the trees.

Outside of the tight spots, I highly recommend this campground. It is a great location with friendly staff. Plus the showers and restrooms were very clean and in good shape. We will be back in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank mmach1
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I showed up late and paid for one night, telling them that I would probably stay 2-3 days. A nice man escorted me to my campsite. So far so good. The site was a mess. He apologized. No problem, I just wanted to hit the sleeping bag.

I had a lot to do the next day in the PCB area, and did not get back to my site until about 1:30 PM. My tent was lying in a heap, with a note that said checkout was at 11:00. I went to the office to ask what was up with trashing my tent when I was only a couple hours behind checkout. I was pretty polite, given the circumstances. They were unbelievably rude (one lady in particular, who every one seemed to fear like she was the gestapo or something). She kept citing the rules etc. I told her I wanted to talk to the owner. She said no. I eventually tracked down the owner on my own. She was barely apologetic, but just said that was how they did business. The other lady jumped in and even though I was way in control, basically threatened to call the police. Unbelievable. So I left, never to return, but I vowed I would post a review somewhere.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
34  Thank nomad0125
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Raccoon river is the most unorganized place I have ever been in my life.. after driving through and returning to desk we were denied a cash refund (we paid with cash, told us if we had paid with card we could get a refund) and after asking to speak with the owner was asked to leave with the police called.. I mean really?? I ask to speak to the owner and was treated as if I was screaming or making threats. Don't waste your time or your money... this place is a JOKE

• Stayed: April 2011
27  Thank cmyman
Reviewed July 9, 2010

My family has found a new HOME. We loved Racoon River. The Staff was awesome! They are very friendly and helpful!!!!! The campgrounds were very clean and well kept. The showers were cleaned on a regular basis. The Kids love the playground and the pool. The Campground is located in a great part of town near Shipwreck and the beach. We are looking forward to many more trips. I would highly recommend this campground to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank leigh31723
Reviewed June 25, 2010

We go to raccoon river as often as possible.We have made alots of friends with our fellow campers.The campground is well kept one of the best we have ever visited.The staff is professional but yet makes everybody fell like family. This is truly our home away from home!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jerrysue
Reviewed May 23, 2010

After recently visiting Racoon River Campground at Panama City Beach, I have definitely found a new place to stay!! I checked in on a friday morning early checkin. From the moment I arrived, the staff and desk clerk showed their "southern hospitality" and knowledge about the area. They were friendly and kind, and I felt like I was at a "home away from home". All of the staff that I encountered worked well as a team. The morning site manager/desk clerk did everything to make our stay pleasant. The campsite's two pools and two shower houses are kept so clean, which is surprising for as many visitors Racoon River has daily. The sites are well laid out and it's located in a great area. It was just a short walk to the beautiful beaches, and it is near Goofy Golf and Shipwreck Island. This is one of the best places I've ever experienced on vacation!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family