“Never again!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Raccoon River Campground
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Raccoon river is the most unorganized place I have ever been in my life.. after driving through and returning to desk we were denied a cash refund (we paid with cash, told us if we had paid with card we could get a refund) and after asking to speak with the owner was asked to leave with the police called.. I mean really?? I ask to speak to the owner and was treated as if I was screaming or making threats. Don't waste your time or your money... this place is a JOKE

• Stayed: April 2011
27  Thank cmyman

Reviewed July 9, 2010

My family has found a new HOME. We loved Racoon River. The Staff was awesome! They are very friendly and helpful!!!!! The campgrounds were very clean and well kept. The showers were cleaned on a regular basis. The Kids love the playground and the pool. The Campground is located in a great part of town near Shipwreck and the beach. We are looking forward to many more trips. I would highly recommend this campground to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank leigh31723
Reviewed June 25, 2010

We go to raccoon river as often as possible.We have made alots of friends with our fellow campers.The campground is well kept one of the best we have ever visited.The staff is professional but yet makes everybody fell like family. This is truly our home away from home!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jerrysue
Reviewed May 23, 2010

After recently visiting Racoon River Campground at Panama City Beach, I have definitely found a new place to stay!! I checked in on a friday morning early checkin. From the moment I arrived, the staff and desk clerk showed their "southern hospitality" and knowledge about the area. They were friendly and kind, and I felt like I was at a "home away from home". All of the staff that I encountered worked well as a team. The morning site manager/desk clerk did everything to make our stay pleasant. The campsite's two pools and two shower houses are kept so clean, which is surprising for as many visitors Racoon River has daily. The sites are well laid out and it's located in a great area. It was just a short walk to the beautiful beaches, and it is near Goofy Golf and Shipwreck Island. This is one of the best places I've ever experienced on vacation!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank georgiagurl78
Reviewed April 19, 2010

The campground as of August of 2009 and prior had brought in a capacity of 60% to 90%
and since a new manager has taken over for the owners the campground has fallen off,
the manager doesn't have knowledge of sizes of the lots.
We were told to park in one lot and relized that we couldn't get our camper in the lot and had to go back 2 more tmes before parking and finally relaxing.
You must have a 2 night stay even though the campground is only 25% filled.
The dirt roads throughout the campground have attempted to be worked on but still have a lot of work to be done.
Close walk to the beach but not family friendly or worker friendly since new management has taken over.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank bell3479
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I have been staying at Raccoon River Campground for 6 months while on a project in the area. There are several of us staying at the campground. None of us have had ny problems during our stay. The staff is courteous, helpful and extremely professional. I would recommend to anyone to stay at Raccoon River Campground during their stay in Panama City Beach, Florida..

Reviewed February 26, 2010

My wife and I have been coming to this campground for the last 7 yearsand would consider ourselves to be good customers of any business,Quiet, easy going, and not afraid to spend a dollar, We made reservations in August for Feb. for the same Handicap lot we had always parked our camper in for years. We confermed the deal and the lot was the same money $500.00 for the month. We arrived there on the 1st at 11;00 am, and went in to register. Low and behold a new manager smiling and happy, presented me with a bill for $650.00 and told me if I didn't want to pay the new rate they would find me 3 more lots that were cheaper. I spoke to the owner Ispoke to both owners
and the BATE AND SWITCH WAS ON. These folks are pro's back up all your dealings w/ a hard copy e-mail or letter BEWARE THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED. It was not only me I saw 8-10 folks just leave rather than be SCREWED. I talked to some other long timers and the same thing happened to them. BEWARE,BEWARE,BEWARE. For info contact me via e-mail bobgear@sbcglobal.net. Pissed and honest.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple