“No Respect!”

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Columbus, Georgia
“No Respect!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Family visit for the holiday and last at the Towers. At Check in we were welcomed with a smile and that is where it ended. View was nice but we asked the man later that evening for just an extra blanket and when we came down, he was not to be found. The next night we asked him again and he used the Lords name in vain as he spoke, " GD -I forgot" and seemed to be to involved in the (TV) game and his drink. Would not advise a family stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Linda G
btr001, Owner at Beach Tower By The Sea, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear former guest,

I am the owner of the Beach Tower, and apologize to you for the experience you encountered at my establishment. I really don't know what to say, except that i am so sorry that you were treated in a manner that is not acceptable to this establishment. I confronted the employee regarding your experience, and he admitted to acting in this unacceptable behavior, but really had no excuse or reason for doing so. I do not allow any of my employees to curse, especially using the LORD'S name in vain. If and when this occurs, the situation is addressed. I am so sorry for your unpleasant stay and totally understand that you choose not to return to the Beach Tower. However, if you choose to return, i trust that the next experience will be a more satisfactory stay. Thank you for taking time to write your review on the Beach Tower. We take each and every one very seriously. Sincerely, Sharon McLaughlin, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I walked in and the guy at the desk just stared at me, no hello, no can i help you, i stated i needed a room and he let out a long sigh... he was very rude. The lady working the next morning was very nice though.

There was hair in our sheets, the room smelled, and bathroom ceiling had mold on it. My little girl was barefoot in the room and within mins. Her feet were black from walking on the carpet.

Good price and location though

• Stayed December 2012
6 Thank BH0098
Woodville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

With it being the off season and countless number of choices of places to stay.the staff at Beach Towers impressed me right from the start by going the extra mile to prove they really wanted my bussiness.The rooms are clean,the gulf view is spectacular and the staff stayed in touch to assure our stay was great. Will Be Back,,,
" There are no strangers in the worid,just friends I haven't meet yet "
These folks prove that.. Thank you so much !!!!

Room Tip: Spectacular Gulf View With Every Room !!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill3018
Aiken, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

OK, I would say this is a nice place to visit but....
Well, the good part is that you get a great view of the Gulf of Mexico and the beach access is fantastic. Our room was fine but there is no dining table so hard to have a family dinner even though you have a ktchen. The place is nice and being refurbished. All rooms in the upper floors are under construction. The beds are a bit hard but the pillows soft. I slept very well and woke to the clearest blue sky every morning.
The bad...is that my boy and I almost got squished by a roll of carpet that was dropped over the railing from the 5th floor. Eeeeee! I told the owner about this and he kind not taking it in and failed to appologize, though he seems like a nice fella he needs to treat his guest a lot more like they are important. I mean, one second more and that roll of carpet would have been right on us both...end of trip.
The ugly? Oh...maybe not so bad. So we were there on Thanksgiving day. No restuarants, no rides, not much to do but go to the beach, but no hotel service? At least we should have been told this was the case. Lucky I asked for dry towels and T-paper before the guy took off for the night.
Wouls we come back to this hotel? I would say yes if the rates stay low and we remember to keep looking up.

Room Tip: keep looking up.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank knight65202
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was my first experience with Florida, and it proved to be a most delightful experience! My family and I drove down form Flint, Michigan to see the white sands and crystal clear waters of the Gulf Of Mexico. We had originally planned to travel to Pensacola, but at the last minute decided to go to Panama City Beach instead. We had all heard good things about the area and were advised to seek accommodations at the Beach Tower Resort across from the Salty Dog Surf Shop. The room we were given had a gorgeous view of the beach, and had recently been remodeled to the nines!
The entire staff were beyond accommodating in every aspect. They gave us detailed information on the best places to dine and relax. We were also informed of a car show going on at the vacant lot across the street which was an amazing experience as well.
My children are ages 8 and 13 and had the time of their life playing by the pool and running down the beach chasing the abundant flock of seagulls. My wife and I had ample time to relax in the comfort of their covered porch area and enjoy the view.
We have already booked our room for next year, and will recommend our friends and colleagues do the same.

Two thumbs up!

Thomas Johnson & family

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Thomas J
Dothan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was down for the emeral coast cruzin and need a room close to the show. The staff was very helpful. the price and the room was perfect. Service was beyond anything I would have expected. They provided a map and directions to a location I needed to go to on Friday. Will definately be back. Sharon, Craig and the entire staff very courteous, helpful and friendly. Don't miss this jewel in the sand at Panama City Beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard P
Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I checked in as a walk in without a reservation in late June 2012. I was there for work and needed internet so I asked to confirm what their sign said and was told that they had wireless internet. When I got to my room it was sort of shabby but not the worst place I'd ever been, although the elevator smelled like vomit on the trip up to the room. I immediately tried to get online and failed after many attempts. This was not operator error as my computer worked fine and connected easily at another hotel later that day. I explained my problem to the lady running the front desk and she said she was the only person on property and didn't know how to fix the problem. She reset the router but that was no help. After an hour of attempts and failures to get online I decided to go to a different hotel. Despite having only been in the room for an hour and not having internet access as promised, the clerk told me she could not refund the charge for the room. I was bewildered but figured I would take it up with the manager by phone the next day. He was even more unhelpful and rude on top of it. He tried to blame me and said nobody else had a problem. I said that I knew they weren't a business hotel but should at least provide reliable internet if they advertise it and I specifically asked about it. He claimed they were indeed a business hotel, at which point I asked about the "no beer funnels" sign in the lobby. I get it's a beach party hotel, but do the right thing for a dissatisfied customer. He not only wouldn't refund the charge, but when I challenged the charge through American Express he lied to them during their inquiry and said I wouldn't wait while they fixed the problem. So, shady folks and shabby accommodations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank gofordan
btr001, Owner at Beach Tower By The Sea, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I apologize for the unpleasant stay this guest experienced in June, 2012. I cannot speak for the previous owner, but would say that this situation would have been handled differently under my watch. I purchased Beach Tower Resort Motel on July 31, 2012. The guest was posting a review from 5 months ago, prior to the property changing hands. I have contacted the guest via e-mail apologing for his dissatisfied stay. I regret the fact that the guest was unhappy, but was also sorry to see that someone would post a response so long after the event occured. The Beach Tower Resort is under new ownership and under a complete room renovation.
We plan to be completed with these renovations by the end of 2012. I trust that anyone who reads the review as well as the response, will also read the reviews posted prior to Nov. 7.
Thank you for considering The Beach Tower Resort Motel for your next vacation destination.
Sharon McLaughlin, owner