“greatfind” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Dothan
“greatfind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was down for the emeral coast cruzin and need a room close to the show. The staff was very helpful. the price and the room was perfect. Service was beyond anything I would have expected. They provided a map and directions to a location I needed to go to on Friday. Will definately be back. Sharon, Craig and the entire staff very courteous, helpful and friendly. Don't miss this jewel in the sand at Panama City Beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I checked in as a walk in without a reservation in late June 2012. I was there for work and needed internet so I asked to confirm what their sign said and was told that they had wireless internet. When I got to my room it was sort of shabby but not the worst place I'd ever been, although the elevator smelled like vomit on the trip up to the room. I immediately tried to get online and failed after many attempts. This was not operator error as my computer worked fine and connected easily at another hotel later that day. I explained my problem to the lady running the front desk and she said she was the only person on property and didn't know how to fix the problem. She reset the router but that was no help. After an hour of attempts and failures to get online I decided to go to a different hotel. Despite having only been in the room for an hour and not having internet access as promised, the clerk told me she could not refund the charge for the room. I was bewildered but figured I would take it up with the manager by phone the next day. He was even more unhelpful and rude on top of it. He tried to blame me and said nobody else had a problem. I said that I knew they weren't a business hotel but should at least provide reliable internet if they advertise it and I specifically asked about it. He claimed they were indeed a business hotel, at which point I asked about the "no beer funnels" sign in the lobby. I get it's a beach party hotel, but do the right thing for a dissatisfied customer. He not only wouldn't refund the charge, but when I challenged the charge through American Express he lied to them during their inquiry and said I wouldn't wait while they fixed the problem. So, shady folks and shabby accommodations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank gofordan
btr001, Owner at Beach Tower By The Sea, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I apologize for the unpleasant stay this guest experienced in June, 2012. I cannot speak for the previous owner, but would say that this situation would have been handled differently under my watch. I purchased Beach Tower Resort Motel on July 31, 2012. The guest was posting a review from 5 months ago, prior to the property changing hands. I have contacted the guest via e-mail apologing for his dissatisfied stay. I regret the fact that the guest was unhappy, but was also sorry to see that someone would post a response so long after the event occured. The Beach Tower Resort is under new ownership and under a complete room renovation.
We plan to be completed with these renovations by the end of 2012. I trust that anyone who reads the review as well as the response, will also read the reviews posted prior to Nov. 7.
Thank you for considering The Beach Tower Resort Motel for your next vacation destination.
Sharon McLaughlin, owner
Hohenwald
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We wanted to go to the beach for a couple of days at Panama City Beach, then travel on to Pensacola, Destin and end up in Gulf shores. We checked out Beach Tower Motel online and called for availability. During our stay we found Ms. Sharon, Craig and the entire staff to be very courteous, helpful and friendly. The 2 bedroom efficiency (each side with its own bed and TV) clean and well stocked and the gulf-front balcony a great spot for ocean views, golden sunsets and dolphins sightings. All making for a memorable vacation getaway!

Would we stay here again? Let us just say we came for a 2 day stay and stayed for a week. With the high-rise condos all around, don't miss this "diamond glistening in the sand."
Judy B. & Mary G.
2 pleased and tan gals from TN.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 608 and we were on the corner of the motel. We each had a bedroom with the bathroo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sug2001
Deatsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was out first time to stay at BTR. the entire staff was very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable. It had been a while since I had been to PC, but we could not have selected a better place to stay. We enjoyed being close to the beach We will be coming back. I have written these remarks for M McAdams, due to them not having a computer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Judy M
Wetumpka, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our 3rd trip to BTR was great! I took my mom which is in a wheelchair and my uncle that is "special". The entire staff make us feel like family. Even the new owner, Ms. Sharon, called him Uncle Jerry! He loved it! Everyone goes out of their way to make our week there as fun as possible. Even the housekeeping staff are great and we made a wonderful friend, Vicki, that we have kept intouch with since last year. Vicki is so sweet and halarious! The new owners are making alot of great new renovations, like the new flat-screen outside for football! And lets not forget the barbque area. And if it rains, not only do they have an area where the t.v is located to sit and enjoy the sounds, the shops are close by for some shopping. I cant say enough great things about the BTR! Cant wait to see Ms. Sharon, Vicki, Kerry and Kim next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank melaniecalloway
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friend and I have been coming here for 2 years now. This place is so warm and friendly.. The best party atmosphere and the best relaxing atmosphere all in one!!! Craig is absolutely amazing. He made our stay perfect. Sharon is the new owner and she is as sweet and accomodating as well. We will definately be coming back soon!!!!! Thank you to all the staff!!!! Have to say the rooms are very clean. Especially next time we come they are getting all new carpet!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect. No noise and they all have a view!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tammy B
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

nice beachfront view,room next to pool & hot tub very clean rooms maid service good.no complaints.only complaint is the beach needs to be kept clean better.should take note how they work in spain etc.panama city was good,plenty of sites etc shops good.resturants great variety angelos steakhouse is a must quite pricey but worth the money you get the proper steaks etc.chinese buffets theres 2 i seen went to the china town buffet it was good.the golden chorral there was excellant like the one in birmingham,alabama great family buffet resturant.would visit and stay in panama city again.

Room Tip: try and get the tower and poolside room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family