“Cowboy heaven”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Cowboy heaven”
Reviewed June 17, 2005

Cowboy Heaven!!!!!!!!!

Had a great time. Three middle aged women never had it so good with the cowboys.

Tiki Bar on beach was great.

• Stayed July 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 1, 2005

My family and I have stayed at the Sandpiper for a week, 6 years in a row. We are going again in 2 weeks. We have been very happy every year with Sandpiper. The pictures on the website are just what it is. I have a 11 y/o lilttle sister who meets friends and goes from one pool (all of them are well kept) to the next, and she is only allowed to do this because it is very safe, there is always security walking around, nothing gets out of hand. It is very convienent, if you need a good ol cold daquari while your laying out theres the tiki bar and the tiki huts by every pool. if you need some sunscreen, bathing suits, towels, etc. more than likely the gift shop will have it, if ur hungry, you can go to the restraunt or order peppers pizza right across the street, there is jet skis and banana boat rides right on the beach. The staff are all very friendly. I am looking forward to visiting Sandpiper again really soon!

• Stayed June 2004
4 Thank Issa728
Reviewed May 31, 2005

me my wife and my 5 kids stayed at sandpiper 2 years running both times in the winter once in dec and next in jan we loved it my kids scream and hollar to go back everyday any time i go to pcb i will stay at sandpiper we loved everything about the place we had one problem and that was with the phone and they went and got us a new one wright a way the pools were great and the temputure of the pools was perfect my kids was able to go to the tiki bar with me and my wife and they put on the kind of music that the kids loved so they could dance with other kids that was in the tiki bar the beaches were awsome and the fact that they had a play area and put put golf for the kids is also awsome my opion is that if you dont like the crowds then go to fl in the off season the people that worked there was very nice and we was also there for new years and it was very nice it aint no were near as bad as halfh the people are making it out to be and for the lady that was complaning that the pools inside was cold then maybe she should have got into the lazy river ride it was just as warm if not warmer than the hot tub and hey sandpiper we will see you this winter from carrollton ky

Stayed January 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2005

are stay there was terrible. the high school grads were there and kept us up all the time. we called the front desk and told them about the noise but they did nothing about. we had a little boom box outside our room n was told to put it back inside that it might bother people.we r both in r 50's so i don't think we would have had it up load. they r more worried about these kid's parents money then to do anything about they're rowdiness. we were told that this place was known for its underage drinking n partying. we won't go back again. hello destin n ft walton

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2005

Please don't waste your money on this hotel. They try to get your money in every way by advertising all these great attractions. Trust me, there is nothing to brag about. The miniature golf consist of 3 animal statues and a few holes, the pools are small, the water slides are not what they appear to be, and the staff is not entirely friendly. Our room slept 8 people but only had one bathroom and there wasn't even an air conditioner in one of the rooms with the double beds. The kitchen was not stocked with the right supplies. We had to call multiple times to get sheets brought to us but never did. So we just decided to go down and get them ourself. Upon check out they tried charging us for phone calls made before we even got there. So I'm writing this to help those in making a decision of where to stay. Please spend your money elsewhere. This hotel doesn't even deserve to be operating for the amount that they charge and the so called great attractions that they advertise are a complete joke.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2005

My husband and I just returned from two days of HELL. The Sandpiper is nothing like it shows on here. The first thing I noticed when we entered the room was a piece of Chex Mix on the floor, not a little speck, but a whole Chex... Tells you they did Not vacuum. No coffee pot available, no hairdryer, no shampoo. The sheet on the bed had a five inch by three inch l-shaped rip in it. The restaurant was closed down... so you have to drive to get anything to eat. You also have to pay $20.00 a day to rent a chair on the beach. There was also no clothes hangers to hang up your clothes and the ceiling fan did not work. When we went to the office on the morning after we arrived to tell them about this (on our way to breakfast) they did find some hangers to give us ( we then had to take them back to the room) and said they would fix the fan which was never fixed while we were there. There was a phone in the room, which was useless because there was no phone book. Please.... to anyone who reads this...believe all the bad reviews on here, not the few good ones. also the washcloths and towels were so rough I was afraid I would scratch myself with them. Stay someplace else to have a good time.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 29, 2005

After being turned away from the Best Value Inn On The Beach down the road (they lost our reservation and we didn't find this out till my group arrived in Panama City), we ended up at the Sandpiper Beacon. It was such a great place to spend my spring break, since there were so many other college kids there as well. The rooms are awesome (clean, full kitchen, & spacious-we had a third floor loft room), and it has a great view of the Gulf. The Tiki Bar is a huge plus, since it turned into a dance club at night (which saved me a lot of $$ because I didn't have to pay $10-$30 a night to get into other clubs). It's a good place for college-age spring breakers, so I wouldn't recommend families going here during this time. The employees are friendly to deal with as well. I'm hoping to go back there next spring break~

• Stayed March 2005