“6 year returning customer at sandpiper and never had a problem”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
benton, TN.
Reviewed September 6, 2004

I have stayed at the Sandpiper for the past 6 years, I have only had one problem. when we arrived at our rooms, there was a maintenace person working on the shower controls, and after about 2 hours of waiting on him to fix it, the manager upgraded us to the "villa" suite at no extra charge for the duration of our stay.

I love this resort and have never even thought about staying anywhere else in panama.

The tiki bar is also one of the nicest on the west side of the beach. excellent entertainment, and awesome drink prices for guests with an armband.

• Stayed: October 2004
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Florida
Reviewed August 31, 2004

We got into town late and it looked nice from the outside, but.....the smell of the room and walkways were something that was leftover from springbreak party-hardies that couldn't hold their liquor no doubt. When we walked into the room there were 2 large cockroaches on the floor, switched on the bathroom light and 4 ran for cover, a hoard of little ones were in the tub, 1 was running aimlessly in the kitchenette sink trying to escape, the indoor pool & lazy river water was green, apparently too many lazy pee-ople used them. Needless to say we left the place! P.S. They make you rate this place with at least 1 star...we would prefer to give it a minus 5 stars. NASTY!

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Georgia
Reviewed August 30, 2004

One word, Disgusting. I will not go into detail about how the room was but I will tell you that after we got home my 2 year old began puking and had an upset stomach. We took her to the doctor and she was diagnosed with E-Coli. A call to Sandpiper to let them know and they told my wife "Okay." That's it, not a sorry, or even we'll look into it. Pathetic place. Find another place to go and have fun.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed August 25, 2004

OK, Lets go to this RESORT with all of the amenities and only pay $129 per night. Come on! Yes the web site is misleading, probably the only misleading sight on the web, and yes this place is generally nasty, probably the only one in PC, but if you can read you should notice that they have no age requirements. Any respectable establishment in PC requires a 25 year old be present. They also allow pets. Just because you are a responsible pet owner doesn't mean others are. Dogs go to the bathroom where they are, not in the toilet. If you just have to take your animal to the beach,???, then stay at one of the camper spaces that have GRASS available. Whoops! Probably shouldn't mention grass to a college kid.
This is a place that caters to the young crowd. College kids are drunk and obnoxious, I know because I used to be one. Go to PCbeach and find a nice condo to stay in. It may cost you an extra $100 for the week but at least you can get good accomodations and service. You get what you pay for!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pinson, Alabama
Reviewed August 23, 2004

My sister had made reservations at the Sandpiper and THEN we read many of the reviews on this site. Needless to say, we were really apprehensive going into our trip, and I was just waiting for something terrible to happen. Nothing did. We did have some problems with the air conditioning, but the maintenance guys were very helpful and we got it taken care of. We had two full beds in our room, and they were pretty uncomfortable; by the 3rd day of the trip, it caught up with me and I was tired all day. It's not a fancy hotel, but they do keep it pretty clean, and we didn't have a problem with the carpet being gross. We had a ball going down the slide in the front pool, and enjoyed floating in the Lazy River. There are lots of little perks you get from staying there, including free drinks on Tuesday for the ladies in the Tiki Bar.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Alpine <Alabama
Reviewed August 18, 2004

Sandpiper beacon gives you a quality stay for a fair price. We have stayed last 3 years going back this Sept. They always treated us nice and rooms were nice.Alot to do there and couldnt ask for better place to stay.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 14, 2004

I should have read these reviews before I made reservations at the Sandpiper Beacon. I cannnot put any other way - this place is a DUMP!!! The staff were rude and arrogant. Our room must have been used as a smoking lounge the night before. It reeked of stale smoke. I was repulsed at the thought of sleeping there. The carpet was black with grime and the decor must have been pulled out of a dumpster. Needless to say, the first thing I did was rip off the comforter. I took vitamin C supplements to boost my immune system and protect myself from the bacteria. I would suggest that the elderly and those with weakened immune systems not risk their life to stay here.

The ads are definitely misleading. This place truly is a scam. If you value your health and desire to enjoy your vacation, do not stay here.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member