I stayed back at the Sandpiper in college for Spring Break one year with my fraternity brothers. It was an ok place to stay, basic ammenities, felt clean. The best part about the Sandpiper though is the night life! Within walking distance of lots of the best bars in Panama City as well as a great bar right on the property. During the day there was always something to do like fun beach side games and contests so you felt like you were staying at a fun all-inclusive, just without all the drinks included ;) Definitely for the younger crowd during Spring Break, but I'm sure would be a decent place for stays during other times of the year. The facilities have taken a beating over the years, not the most modern place, but you can tell they try hard to keep things up to date and usable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Also known as the "FUN Place!" The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort & Tiki Bar offers year-round fun, activities, and entertainment for all ages. Located directly beachfront on Front Beach Road, the Sandpiper is a family-friendly resort-hotel with planned activities and entertainment, waterslides, multiple indoor/outdoor (seasonally heated) swimming pools, free WiFi, indoor lazy river ride, on-site Deli, Ice Cream Shop, Gift Shop, Restaurant, Arcade and more. Offering 24/7 resort services, including housekeeping, guest services, and maintenance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Panama City
- Sandpiper Panama City Beach